• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Michael Owen

kanooo

If it is going to be 12 mill, I say why not? If it were true, it's definitely more worh it than Saha's move to Manure. Just imagine .... Thierry Heny + Michael Owen .... it's going to be a nightmare for defenders.

I mean, Michael Owen? We are talking about the best English strker here !!! His form may have dipped this season but it's partly due to injuries as well (speaking of which - this would be the only reason why I wouldn't want him). .... and I wish that he wouldn't take penalties as well.

But having said all that, I really doubt that the rumours are true as we aready have Reyes (if Wenger plays him on the wings, then it might be true) ... and Van Persie likely to be signed in a few days...

Senght

I don't rate him too highly and I certainly don't think he is the best England striker around. ( Stand up and be counted Rooney ) This guy doesn't know how to take penalties, poor balance on the ball, weak shots, weak in air. Just about everything :D We already have Jose, whose skills puts him to shame.

However 12 mil is a bargain though, even though I can't see him coming our way. You think Liverpool will sell their most valuable player for 12 mil? Give them soem respect they are GIANTS :evil:

KingReyes

Established Member
there's already a rumor thread about us going after terry and gerard. now owen.

we'll be the england team in no time.

so thats 12M for owen, 4M for van persie, some 35M for both terry and gerard... doesn't sound like wenger at all.

Exactly, since when have we spent crazy money like that. Top players for sure but we won't spend that kind of money. I wouldn't want them especially if they ruin other players' chances.

God damn we win the title and we're linked to the best british players. Just imagine if we won the treble? :shock:

A

Anonymous

i would like to see owen, i would think he would fit in well with our style of play. it would be a shame for ali and bentley but i wouldnt be bothered as owen is better than them both, and bentley can always be transformed to another position. but if we get owen, what about reyes ? would like to see him move onto the right wing where is running talents and dribbling can be used. id be happy to see freddie go and reyes move onto the right with owen and henry upfront. pennant can come back into the team as back up for reyes !!!

JGooner

I can't believe how lukewarm some of you are about Owen! Of course there's no hope of us getting him but why wouldn't you want us to?

He may have stagnated at Liverpool but that's because he is playing with mediocre players (Gerrard and Kewell aside) under one of the worst man-managers around. Can you imagine what he would do alongside Henry, Pires, Reyes, etc under the man-management of Wenger?

He has incredible pace, an excellent strike rate (which will get better if he goes to a better team), unplayable movement (ask Sol Campbell), sound attitude, and youth. He is also an excellent header of the ball. Talk about fox in the box.

va_va_voom

Wenger said at the weekend he is going to buy a striker, but he said it wont be in the £40m category, more like the £3m. So I expect Van Persie to sign, and that be about it.

Maybe he'll go after a new keeper too, but that will be the extent of our summer transfer dealings, unless someone Wenger admires suddenly becomes unexpectedley available.

Mark

Established Member
We can't deny that Owen would be great here. He plays for such a defensive team for Liverpool, he's usually the only one out of their own half! If he was here playing with Henry, Pires etc. he would knock them in for fun. He'd also be tempted by the CL and possibly his first EPL medal. Perhaps Wenger will wait to get him for free because before that he will cost a lot of money. His injuries are a worry though, far too prone. So I'm not sure about this, but I'd love to see him here.

seanconvey66

Mark said:
We can't deny that Owen would be great here. He plays for such a defensive team for Liverpool, he's usually the only one out of their own half! If he was here playing with Henry, Pires etc. he would knock them in for fun. He'd also be tempted by the CL and possibly his first EPL medal. Perhaps Wenger will wait to get him for free because before that he will cost a lot of money. His injuries are a worry though, far too prone. So I'm not sure about this, but I'd love to see him here.

exactly right

liam346

hmmm..... i see the same crap threads appear here to guys, cmon peopel common sense here please the FA XI was announced a few days ago, it doesnt mean every rumour possible will happen.

An aside i admit to being undecided about his worth to the Reds, but its hard when he has crap around him at times, al heskey, Diouf, etc at al

Have to say combo of Owen Henry and Gerrard Viera....aths to die for.....

OWen to any Englsi club i think not, am very confident he will be at Anfield next year, unsure about his manager just yet

goonerlove

The one thing that scares me is if Henry gets hurt for any extended period of time...

Reyes is not ready to carry the scoring load... Bergy will be 34 and is better as support striker... RVP is young and certainly will not be in position to carry the scoring load either.

I guess my point is... finding a more proven goal-scorer to help flesh out our strikeforce certainly could make sense. Owen I doubt just because I think 'Pool are really going to want to keep him - their fans will riot if they give up Owen or Gerrard.

In many ways Kluivert actually makes a lot of sense for us...

I also think that AW will need to save up some money for a new GK - my bet is that he is fed up with Lehmann's antics...

Goonerlove

Mark

Established Member
Morientes is a striker I'd be interested in. It will be interesting to see his situation in the summer. I don't think he'll be going back to Real.

patrick42uk

Established Member
owen is a good player, potentially great. however, his problem is that he destroys his partners. he cannot form a partnership with another striker. that has been one of liverpool's main problems, their inability to find a true complement for owen upfront.

brianfrance

Established Member
Mark said:
Morientes is a striker I'd be interested in. It will be interesting to see his situation in the summer. I don't think he'll be going back to Real.
yeah not sure at all
I think he wants to have a place in a big starting XI. He doesn't want to be a "joker" for end of match
An interesting buy for sure by the way

For Owen, no think about it. Gerrard + Owen + Terry + Van Persie
Shevchenko and Nesta no ???! Bullshit !

If Houllier want to be killed by liverpool fans, he has to do one thing : sold owen and gerrard
Will never do !

Ak

well IF we did buy hm he would be an amazing player. but quite simply we're not, a) we dont have 15 odd million laying around, while liverpool do. b) i dont think wenger is such a fan of the player. and c) if u read the rest of the article it said that pennant would be sold for half a million. despite the fact wenger said he wants him bak.

though if we did buy him, we would have tonnes of strikers, and ok defence, ala real madrid.

A

Anonymous

patrick42uk said:
owen is a good player, potentially great. however, his problem is that he destroys his partners. he cannot form a partnership with another striker. that has been one of liverpool's main problems, their inability to find a true complement for owen upfront.

how can he destroy partners. he never had a decent partner

he would be great in a Arsenal team. However i cannot see it

patrick42uk

Established Member
it was actually a view put forward by myles palmer that i agree with. owen has one thing on his mind when playing, the back of the net. he doesnt consider unselfish link up play just the direct route to goal. the only way to give him a partner up front is to have a second striker ala bergkamp or del piero. henry is a good passer, but he is not that and i think it would be a waste with all his pace playing him in that role. i dont think they would complement each other

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What about Owen and Henry upfront with Reyes or RVP playing right behind them????

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom