• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Michael Owen

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Kyla said:
I'd rather have Gerrard. Pipe dream tho'

Me too mate but I'd definitely take Owen too. He's a class act but I think the papers have gone more crazy then usual today. It made my day seeing those crazy stories linking Arsenal with Owen, Gerrard and Terry. Thank god for the Evening standard who put those stories in to perspective by saying that Wenger's got around about £15m to spend on new players.

Gurgen

Established Member
Too attacking imo, that would mean almost 4-1-5 with Pires and Ljungberg being attacking players.

dynasty

tpeople who say hell be great...remember our system revolves with everybody passing the ball around and not one guy waiting in the box...
but by saying that if anybody can put some skill in hiom it will be wenger

Arsenal316

I personally think Henry and Owen up front would be an absolutely incredible striking force. No offense to Reyes, but I don't think he's a natural forward. His best position is on the far right.

I would take Owen in a second without any hesitation. If the price is far, Wenger would be insane not to go for it.

goonerlove

More I think about it... the more I doubt there is anything to this. I would even bet that AW lets his minions create all sorts of wierd rumours to throw off those that want to know what AW is up to.

It also makes sense given that AW has historically gotten angry when the team he is negotiating with leaks information.

Goonerlove

Pikeypete

Aussie said:
Reyes and Henry would be our main strikers and will get most of the game time. Do you think some one like Owen will be happy to sit around on the bench all game.

A new goalie yes please.

We could put Owen in goal. He sure knows how to keep the ball out of the net!

fuzz

Owen to Arsenal?

I was reading yet another article in the express today that indicated that arsenal may be keen to lure Owen away from real if things still fail to get better by the summer. The article also mentioned that Juventus were keen to take owen on a loan move and perhaps eventually a perminant one. Finally the article mentioned that liverpol have first pick over owens return, but i guess if owen doesn't want to go back to liverpool, then they can't make him.

i can't give you a link because the express don't publish their articles on the web. if anyone can find a link to the this story could you please post thanks.

Gunner Ossie

Oh Pleeeese, i doubt if wenger would be that stupid.

Ive always thought owen was **** and nothing more than a glorified goal hanger, which is exactly the same reason why jeffers, who is almost identicle, did so **** at arsenal.

Wenger wants players with more to thier game.

kamikaze80

Established Member
owen is terribly overrated. he doesnt start at madrid and he wouldnt start at highbury either. hes a sorry loser for agreeing to goto real in the first place and im glad to see its worked ot horribly for him. =)

leongsh

Arsenal to lure Micheal Owen away from Real Madrid? What a lame rumour. Believing that rumour is a waste of brain cells.

Personally, I don't think Arsenal needs Michael Owen. Not only does he not fit into Arsenal's style of play, Arsenal already has sufficient back-up strikers coming through, e.g. Robin van Persie, David Bentley. Adding him to the ranks is a waste of money.

Canuck

Established Member
LOL he won't be coming to us, that's for sure. I'd be really suprised if he want to Juve. No, he'll tough it out in Madrid until they make it painfully obvious they don't want him, then it's back to the premiership. I know Liverpool do have a 1st choice clause so that they could buy him back.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom