• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

say yes

forum master baiter
Majority of the time Arsène was here Lacazette was injured and Özil was carrying a back injury.

What are you on about
So why are you pretending he figured out how to fit all three of them into a coherent team together then :lol:

I made a mistake before: Wenger didn’t start them together in three games. He started them together in one. A 2-1 loss to Newcastle. :lol:

Your original post now looking like a strong contender for facepalm of the season. Love it when people make stuff up.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Took Arteta one game to fit Auba, Laca and Özil into a tactically coherent formation (with space for Pepe too). Something neither Wenger nor Emery managed to do with the trio.

Took one look at our desperate fullback situation and turned it into a strength, without leaving us exposed on the break.

Got the best out of Torreira. Got the best out of Xhaka. Dominated possession. More shots than the opponent. More xG than the opponent. Better looking than the opponent.

I cannot quite tell you how excited I am about this guy.
I don't think Auba started playing until February 2018. Lacazette was injured for most of February and nearly all of March and didn't start playing in the EPL until 22nd April. Özil was out for all of May.

Then Wenger was forced out.

Poverty posting. :lol:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Yeah exactly. Top player. He’s got an unbelievable range of passing, hits the long ball so quickly and accurately. He’s so good at picking up space in between the lines and dictating play, you forget he’s only 22.

Wolves are also very negative as a team as well, so he rarely has options to pick out in front of him, in a team who would look to dominate the ball think he’d be incredible.

Only mark against him is I think he’s a bit dodgy without the ball, he gives away a lot of silly fouls and midfielders can run off him quite easily. Obviously seen as Wolves sit in such a low block, he’s covered quite well there but it’s something to be aware of.

Like you say though, they’d want crazy money for him. Talking 60/70M because he really is frightening on the ball.

Gouiri’s an interesting one, I’ve tried to watch him when I can but he’s barely featured outside of age group games for the French NT where he’s looked incredible.

I was hoping when they decided to keep him with the first team this year and sent Pintor on loan he’d feature a lot but with Dembele in red hot form it hasn’t happened. Maybe now with Depay and Reine-Adélaïde getting long term injuries, Garcia will reshuffle and he’ll get more game time.
Do you think there are any established players who can fit into that role (but not expensive)?

Gouiri is such a great talent, reminds me of Aguero. But I guess we also need a slightly more experienced striker.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Neves is class but not even slightly realistic unfortunately, would cost more than Pepe. He is loyal to Mendes, Nuno and Wolves whose owners are richer than Kronke.

Easier said than done but we need to be finding the next Neves.
Yes getting neves now is so unrealistic we have to wait until summer to get him or better one

TornadoTed

Established Member
Yes getting neves now is so unrealistic we have to wait until summer to get him or better one

I think the days of picking the best players from the rest of the league has gone, there is just too much money in the Premiership now.

The last few to move to top 6 sides have been Mahrez £60m, Maguire £80m, Wan Bissaka (after 30 odd Premier League appearances) £50m. Zaha was being quoted at £80m.

The likes of Maddison, Neves, Ndidi, are all going to be £70m+

The exception may be if a team like Villa get relegated then perhaps we could get Grealish for £40-£50m, if they stay up then I think he would be in the £70m+ bracket too.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
So why are you pretending he figured out how to fit all three of them into a coherent team together then :lol:

I made a mistake before: Wenger didn’t start them together in three games. He started them together in one. A 2-1 loss to Newcastle. :lol:

Your original post now looking like a strong contender for facepalm of the season. Love it when people make stuff up.

You made it sound as if Wenger had no idea how to play PEA, Lacazette and Özil, which he did. He didnt have them all available at the same time for the most part otherwise he would have kept with the system.

Its the same when people were saying Wenger doesn't know how to utilise Laca when the guy was playing with an injury etc or Wenger is an idiot when Santi was playing poorly ignoring he was playing through an injury.

My point is, you made it seem as if Wenger was too incompetent to play the 3, completely ignoring anything that could have made it difficult for him to play them.

Moah

He deserves to be fondly remembered for those wonderful 22 years. We have all seen what a great manager he is now than when he was still here. We pushed him out so he should be privileged by getting immunity.
And more importantly, we should be steaming ahead with Arteta.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
He deserves to be fondly remembered for those wonderful 22 years. We have all seen what a great manager he is now than when he was still here. We pushed him out so he should be privileged by getting immunity.

We all remember him fondly. He is the father to us all. Deserves praise and criticism. Sly dig is a bit different from that though, i agree

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think the days of picking the best players from the rest of the league has gone, there is just too much money in the Premiership now.

The last few to move to top 6 sides have been Mahrez £60m, Maguire £80m, Wan Bissaka (after 30 odd Premier League appearances) £50m. Zaha was being quoted at £80m.

The likes of Maddison, Neves, Ndidi, are all going to be £70m+

The exception may be if a team like Villa get relegated then perhaps we could get Grealish for £40-£50m, if they stay up then I think he would be in the £70m+ bracket too.
I understand that but we really have to try spend 50m on players from rather then spending 30m one guy from other league and will need time to settle

say yes

forum master baiter
I don't think Auba started playing until February 2018. Lacazette was injured for most of February and nearly all of March and didn't start playing in the EPL until 22nd April. Özil was out for all of May.

Then Wenger was forced out.

Poverty posting. :lol:
What is it with you guys? :lol:

One mention of Mr Wenger and you depart your senses completely. Would only have taken you a minute to check your facts and know you’d mucked up here. But you’re so busy frothing at the mouth you’ve gone and embarrassed yourself again.

Lacazette only missed one game in February with his knee injury. He was available (and in the squad) for the others. But Wenger chose not to start him alongside Aubameyang and Özil. It was a similar story when Laca returned to action on the 1st of April. The game you’ve inexplicably picked out on the 22nd was his sixth appearance that month ffs.

What’s the obsession with rewriting the facts? Wenger didn’t start the three together when he had the option, albeit he only had the three together for a limited time towards the end of his tenure here. Emery had more time, but also struggled to fit them into the same team.

Arteta comes up with a fascinating system for incorporating all three in his very first game, and we’re not allowed to praise him for that? Dearie me.

say yes

forum master baiter
You made it sound as if Wenger had no idea how to play PEA, Lacazette and Özil, which he did. He didnt have them all available at the same time for the most part otherwise he would have kept with the system.

Its the same when people were saying Wenger doesn't know how to utilise Laca when the guy was playing with an injury etc or Wenger is an idiot when Santi was playing poorly ignoring he was playing through an injury.

My point is, you made it seem as if Wenger was too incompetent to play the 3, completely ignoring anything that could have made it difficult for him to play them.

Yeah Wenger had a cunning plan for fitting them all into together. He just.. never used it :lol:

Anyway let’s not get distracted on cunning (imaginary) plans. You told us that Wenger started them all together, and it worked. Which game was that again?

Would be a real shame if you’d made that fact up too..

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
There is a difference between struggling to find a system and not starting them for other reasons.

Dont move your goal post. You made it out as if Arteta out of all our managers is the only competent one in having played the 3.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Do you think there are any established players who can fit into that role (but not expensive)?

Gouiri is such a great talent, reminds me of Aguero. But I guess we also need a slightly more experienced striker.

Do you mean the Neves/Xhaka role? It’s difficult because so many teams these days are on the look out for those types of players they’re often off the market at a much younger age. Look at how much Barcelona paid for a still developing De Jong.

I liked the look of Fran Beltrán and thought he’d kick on this year but he’s struggled at Vigo. It’s a difficult position to fill and there’s no one on my radar at the minute who I think is as good as Neves.

One midfielder I am obsessed with but isn’t really an unknown is Camavinga. One of the best midfield prospects I’ve ever seen, the kid’s a teenager but he already plays like he’s 10 years older.

His passing range is ridiculous and in terms of all round talents he’s got it all. Sounds like pure hype but he tackles like Wan-Bissaka and passes like a young De Bruyne.

He’d probably cost similar to Neves right now but I think he’s going to dominate football for the next decade. Incredible talent.

say yes

forum master baiter
There is a difference between struggling to find a system and not starting them for other reasons.

Dont move your goal post. You made it out as if Arteta out of all our managers is the only competent one in having played the 3.
Ok, but I just want to know which game it was that Wenger started all 3 together and it worked in mate?

Everyone can read what we’ve both said.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Ok, but I just want to know which game it was that Wenger started all 3 together and it worked in mate?

Everyone can read what we’ve both said.

PEA joined Jan 2018 and Lacazette was injured for 4-6 weeks from February (missing 46 days IIRC) - could have read wrong. Leaving April and May(when Arsène left). Thats expecting Lacazette to come back from injury and intergrate with the side.

I will accept I am wrong in saying he started them, but still looking at all pur lineups from Feb 2018 - May 2018.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I for one was excited about Arteta in his first game. The team looked more hard working, dominating, pressing and there seemed to be an idea behind it all. Maitland Niles looked like an extra midfielder when we had the ball, just to name a tactical tweak.

Had we not been let down by sub par performances from some players we'd had won and @GoodEbening would be over the moon in this communist forum.

GunnerUK

I would of really liked to see him manage another team when he left us. With Arsenal the players become to Familiar with him and his tactics and lost confidence with the masses.

I think he’ll work wonders with a team like Everton if he got/wanted the chance fresh project, players, Environment ect...

Shame his Hierarchy now. Probably be Fifa president one day

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom