• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What is it with you guys? :lol:

One mention of Mr Wenger and you depart your senses completely. Would only have taken you a minute to check your facts and know you’d mucked up here. But you’re so busy frothing at the mouth you’ve gone and embarrassed yourself again.

Lacazette only missed one game in February with his knee injury. He was available (and in the squad) for the others. But Wenger chose not to start him alongside Aubameyang and Özil. It was a similar story when Laca returned to action on the 1st of April. The game you’ve inexplicably picked out on the 22nd was his sixth appearance that month ffs.

What’s the obsession with rewriting the facts? Wenger didn’t start the three together when he had the option, albeit he only had the three together for a limited time towards the end of his tenure here. Emery had more time, but also struggled to fit them into the same team.

Arteta comes up with a fascinating system for incorporating all three in his very first game, and we’re not allowed to praise him for that? Dearie me.
Ha! OK I was only doing from memory, but I've had a chance to check it out now.

Lacazette wasn't fit at all in February.He missed the game against Everton on 3rd Feb and only had a few minutes against Sp**s on 10th and Wenger said he was struggling. On 13th he underwent the knee operation, and then according to the Premier league injury list was marked as injured until 28th March. So he missed virtually all of February and March.

After that Wenger introduced him cautiously in April. He started in two Europa League games but he didn't start against Stoke or Southampton only some minutes as a sub. The 15th April was his first proper league game.

Either way, my point stands. Because of Auba only starting playing in February, Lacazette being out for virtually the whole of February and March and some of April, and Özil being injured in May. Your point about Wenger not using the 3 together was total bollocks. He had very few opportunities.

say yes

forum master baiter
Ha! OK I was only doing from memory, but I've had a chance to check it out now.

Lacazette wasn't fit at all in February.He missed the game against Everton on 3rd Feb and only had a few minutes against Sp**s on 10th and Wenger said he was struggling. On 13th he underwent the knee operation, and then according to the Premier league injury list was marked as injured until 28th March. So he missed virtually all of February and March.

After that Wenger introduced him cautiously in April. He started in two Europa League games but he didn't start against Stoke or Southampton only some minutes as a sub. The 15th April was his first proper league game.

Either way, my point stands. Because of Auba only starting playing in February, Lacazette being out for virtually the whole of February and March and some of April, and Özil being injured in May. Your point about Wenger not using the 3 together was total bollocks. He had very few opportunities.
Oh the classic “I didn’t have time to check the facts before I wrote a lengthy and incorrect post concerning them”. And it’s certainly believable that April 22 2018 game Lacazette started was just “from memory”. Plucked without any research I’m sure! :rofl:

And yep my point about Wenger not using them together was total bollacks even though you’ve just had to write a mammoth post backtracking, and he. literally. never. used. them. together.

Only you could make facts this complicated. Have another go, I’m sure you’ll land a point eventually.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Elite player, bad manager, terrible pundit.

tenor.gif

Kav

Established Member
I can't fault Henry's analysis. The same issues we've had for years are still there and it will take more than one game to sort it out. All of which he said. Nothing wrong with his commentary.

As for Mikel, He was not my preferred choice but he is here and we should all support him. He will need time to fix mammoth mess we are in.

On another note i love how Nuno is making people like @GDeep™ look each time his team gets a big scalp. Nuno is a good manager and would have achieved most of our objectives in two to three years. However that ship has sailed.

I also think that Arteta can become a good manager but i don't have anything other than the bournemouth game to go by which was dross.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Oh the classic “I didn’t have time to check the facts before I wrote a lengthy and incorrect post concerning them”. And it’s certainly believable that April 22 2018 game Lacazette started was just “from memory”. Plucked without any research I’m sure! :rofl:

And yep my point about Wenger not using them together was total bollacks even though you’ve just had to write a mammoth post backtracking, and he. literally. never. used. them. together.

Only you could make facts this complicated. Have another go, I’m sure you’ll land a point eventually.

You said Wenger didn't manage to get the best out of them.

There were many factors for it.

- Özil back injury meant he mostly played in the EL only as the league was dead after February
- Auba wasn't eligible to play in the EL
- Lacazette's knee operation
- Lack of time

Besides, we've seen it for just one game under Arteta. Let's not draw to conclusions too quickly, we saw what happened with Emery. Furthermore, Özil was the only one of them performing. Laca and Auba were dirt, although the chances that fell to Laca, for an away game, were impressive.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's funny because he could've actually had the Arsenal job now if he wasn't too arrogant to coach the youngsters.

Interim! Thankfully, he'd never get any further than that. Fantastic player, out of this world for us, but managing,... good God no!

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
I have always been doubtful about Arteta, but i see he knows what he wants. That's the most important thing for us right now: to have someone who has a clear idea of where to go.

Impact

Established Member
Watching the full game against Bournemouth after only catching the highlights yesterday. Recurring thought is this team could be really good if we had better players. Patterns of play and off-the-ball endeavour offensive and defensive much improved. Should have got a second goal given the chances and positions created. End product was severely lacking. Lacazette and Saka particularly guilty.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I can't even listen/read Thierry's comments no more. Honestly
Want to remember him as a player only, cause as soon as he opens his mouth it blows my mind how little does he know, and how jealous he is not to already be our coach or whatever

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Henry strikes me as quite a neurotic person. Not a trait that will help you in football management. He needs to mellow.

He’s a massive narcissist. It’s a useful trait when you’re a star player as you back yourself to believe everything will come off for you because you’re amazing.

Being that way as a manager is less so, the absolute shambles that was his time at Monaco shows that.

Playing random kids over experienced players just to shake things up for the sake of it, telling off a youngster in a press conference to act the big man and trading insults with opposition players is just embarrassing.

Apparently he didn’t do much research into his players as he persisted with tactics that didn’t suit them at all.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
He’s a massive narcissist. It’s a useful trait when you’re a star player as you back yourself to believe everything will come off for you because you’re amazing.

Being that way as a manager is less so, the absolute shambles that was his time at Monaco shows that.

Playing random kids over experienced players just to shake things up for the sake of it, telling off a youngster in a press conference to act the big man and trading insults with opposition players is just embarrassing.

Apparently he didn’t do much research into his players as he persisted with tactics that didn’t suit them at all.
The smoking gun is there for sure... Did he ever hold his hands up to making mistakes at Monaco? I think of him and I just can't imagine him admitting he ****ed up :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom