• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Harz

This is their total investment in the squad over multiple net spends and owner investment.
But their net spend must be much lower, the figure seems off and it doesn't compare to the transfermarkt figures you posted earlier. They just acquired the right players and more importantly the right manager.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Your missing my point but that's nothing new. You probably need more sleep giving your 4am runs and 5am breakfasts.

If a player is only coming to Arsenal for money and for no sporting reason then they are not the type of character we need in order to win titles.

If a player is willing to step down a level to earn more money that doesnt exactly scream ambition and determination to be the best or represent the best.

I know what point you're trying to make I just don't see why you're making it right now? We're talking about a world class midfielder on 200k a week, not someone like Neymar coming here because we offered 600k a week.

You're chatting about something that isn't even relevant right now. If Partey performs horrendously for the rest of this season when he's fully fit then we can start talking about it, but you have absolutely no right to correlate what we're paying Partey to his performances or passion for us so far. And I haven't got a clue why you're consistently posting it either tbh.

Auba initially came here for the money, yet he performed incredibly well throughout. Comments? Or I guess you would've preferred us to sign Charlie Austin on 20k a week because he has more pashun. Get in the bin.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I never once said we should buy youth. I actually said maybe it's time we went with that model of being a stepping stone for the bigger clubs. A Liepzig. And Ajax. Something like that but then I see how we as a club handle young players and I think. We dont have the infrastructure nor leadership to go that route.
Agree with that, I think it's actually the only way. It worked for Liepzig, Ajax, Dortmund... But what difference does it make if we finish 7th or 14th? Would you rather give half a season to ESR, Nelson, Balogun etc. and finish 14th but have them ready for the next season, or you would scrap for 9th place and you give games to Willian, Laca and Elneny? I know what I would do and I know that 7th or 9th place won't make a difference, but getting 3 young players ready for the PL will make a massive difference very soon

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
But their net spend must be much lower, the figure seems off and it doesn't compare to the transfermarkt figures you posted earlier. They just acquired the right players and more importantly the right manager.
Those figures are accurate, published by a very reputable non profit making organisation and used by most media outlets.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

As I posted above, their net spend since Klopp arrived is around the £100M mark. @Makingtrax loves the squad cost narrative but it has so, so many variables and flaws.

£100M net spend to win a CL, get to another CL final, win a league title, come second in a title race and probably win another title this season.

Squad spend narrative blown out the water.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

As I posted above, their net spend since Klopp arrived is around the £100M mark. @Makingtrax loves the squad cost narrative but it has so, so many variables and flaws.

£100M net spend to win a CL, get to another CL final, win a league title, come second in a title race and probably win another title this season.

Squad spend narrative blown out the water.
The real figures are here, we’re not talking about your made up ones, because you don’t like what you’re seeing.
CBB75-FDF-36-BD-4-ADD-BB6-A-B10-BBC3-F1952.jpg

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The real figures are here, we’re not talking about your made up ones, because you don’t like what you’re seeing.

:lol::lol: So now, without looking into it yourself you're saying my figures are made up? Brilliant when all you are showing is a chart with no dates or references.

This is taken from transfermarkt. (Figures rounded up to the nearest million)

16/17, Klopps first summer/full season - Spent £72M. Sold £77M
17/18 - Spent £156M. Sold £175M.
18/19 - Spent £163M. Sold £37M.
19/20 - Spent £9M. Sold £37M.
20/21 - Spent £72M. Sold £39M.

Overall spend £472M. Over money made from sales £365M.

Overall net spend = £107M.

Average yearly net spend average since Klopp arrived = £21.4M a year. This man is reaching CL finals, Europa league finals and winning premier league titles with a yearly spend of £21M and you consistently have the audacity to tell people on this forum that we shouldn't have wanted Wenger out? For getting 4th and 3rd and having the same point total year after year? Shameful.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I know what point you're trying to make I just don't see why you're making it right now? We're talking about a world class midfielder on 200k a week, not someone like Neymar coming here because we offered 600k a week.

You're chatting about something that isn't even relevant right now. If Partey performs horrendously for the rest of this season when he's fully fit then we can start talking about it, but you have absolutely no right to correlate what we're paying Partey to his performances or passion for us so far. And I haven't got a clue why you're consistently posting it either tbh.

Auba initially came here for the money, yet he performed incredibly well throughout. Comments? Or I guess you would've preferred us to sign Charlie Austin on 20k a week because he has more pashun. Get in the bin.

Because as we have seen when the chips are down these players who signed for money dont step up.

Who are our current best performers. Most consistent performers this season?

Holding on about 25k a week. Tierney on about 60k. Gabriel probably on similar. Saka youth prospect. These players came to Arsenal or are here because they believed Arsenal would help develop them and move forward in their careers.

Which players signed for Arsenal for the money? Auba, Laca, Özil, possible Pepe, Willian, Luiz, Mustafi etc.

Coincidence that our highest earners are our worst performers now that things arent running smoothly?

That our best performers are the ones who didnt sign for money?

You take what you like from that. But that's more than a coincidence.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Because as we have seen when the chips are down these players who signed for money dont step up.

Who are our current best performers. Most consistent performers this season?

Holding on about 25k a week. Tierney on about 60k. Gabriel probably on similar. Saka youth prospect. These players came to Arsenal or are here because they believed Arsenal would help develop them and move forward in their careers.

Which players signed for Arsenal for the money? Auba, Laca, Özil, possible Pepe, Willian, Luiz, Mustafi etc.

Coincidence that our highest earners are our worst performers now that things arent running smoothly?

That our best performers are the ones who didnt sign for money?

You take what you like from that. But that's more than a coincidence.

For starters Holding has been bang average/borderline poor this season. David Luiz has performed a lot better than Holding and is on more money.

Özil was excluded from the squad for whatever reason, you can't have him in the playing poor category because Özil just played the same way throughout, he never had any real fight or passion because he isn't that sort of footballer.

Lacazette and Mustafi simply aren't good enough and haven't been for a long time, nothing to do with their passion. Everyone knows that.

Auba was signed for big money, bigger than anyone in the squad except Özil. And last season he dragged this club on his back and won us an FA cup...

Again, if you'd rather the club go for Johan Doorshoes on 20k a week over Upamecano's for 100-150k a week then theres something wrong with you. You need a good blend of superstars and your Tierney's/Gabriels/Saka's.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Honestly I need to take a step back from this sh*t.

I could deal with it if the fans were collectively against the drop in standards,the lowering of expectations, the terrible ownership the incompetent board.But the fact that so many are willing to accept it gives me no hope at all for the future of this club.

From Winning the league
To struggling to compete for the league
From Finishing top 4
To struggling to finish top 4
From walking into Europa
To struggling to get into Europa
From worrying about who's at the top of the table
To worrying about who's at the bottom of the table
From talking about what we can win
To talking about how we can survive relegation

I'm not sure how much more we can lower our expectations and standards. Our house is on fire and half the fan base seem to be fine with it.Worse still, half are having a go at those for telling them our house is on fire. We're done.Finished.

If we can fall this far down as a club and still there's no united front as a fan base, forget about it! Then there's is no hope.We will accept absolutely anything.
The sad thing about us is that we struggle no matter where the club is.

When we were a top four regular all the fans wanted to do was to push on and occasionally challenge for first, we never did, in fact a lot of the time it was a last gasp push to secure fourth.

When we were a regular in the CL all we wanted to do was be a bit more competitive, instead we would just get calmly dispatched every year in the round of 16.

Once we dropped out of the CL all we want to do is push for it, we're aware that there are 6 good teams competing for four spots, we just wanted to be the 7th and we can't even get that.

We just criminally underachieve regardless of our objective.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
You've got to be fair when you're talking about blooding the Balogun's, Azeez's etc. These are 18 year old kids with next to no first team experience. They've barely played 90 minutes of first team football at Arsenal between them. Very rarely do you come across a Saka who adapts so easily and quickly to Premier League football at such an age.

I'm not sure any of these kids are ready to step up to the Premier League standard yet anyway, you can't base anything off 15 minute cameos against the likes of Molde, Dundalk etc

Even if they are ready it's much easier to start integrating talented kids into the Premier League squad / side when you're playing well and winning. Fans love the idea of giving them a go now, as we're struggling, wait until they make a mistake and cost us points and they'll be getting torn apart by the fans given how toxic the attitude is within the fanbase at the moment. You'd be throwing them into the lions pit. It's possible to kill these players developments if they aren't handled with care.

ESR I think is one who should be given the chance though. He's a little older, has experienced loans spells and obviously has a bit about him. I think he's ready to step up as at least an option off the bench.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

:lol::lol: So now, without looking into it yourself you're saying my figures are made up? Brilliant when all you are showing is a chart with no dates or references.

This is taken from transfermarkt. (Figures rounded up to the nearest million)

16/17, Klopps first summer/full season - Spent £72M. Sold £77M
17/18 - Spent £156M. Sold £175M.
18/19 - Spent £163M. Sold £37M.
19/20 - Spent £9M. Sold £37M.
20/21 - Spent £72M. Sold £39M.

Overall spend £472M. Over money made from sales £365M.

Overall net spend = £107M.

Average yearly net spend average since Klopp arrived = £21.4M a year. This man is reaching CL finals, Europa league finals and winning premier league titles with a yearly spend of £21M and you consistently have the audacity to tell people on this forum that we shouldn't have wanted Wenger out? For getting 4th and 3rd and having the same point total year after year? Shameful.
I’m not interested in outgoing players. I’ll make it simple.

Fact: Up until now all title winners apart from Leicester have come from one of the teams spending in the top 3 on players.

Fact: Liverpool, last year moved into the top 3 before winning the title

What is there not to understand?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Calling bullshit. Without Tierney dislocating his shoulder, Kolasinac being a permanent crock, and Nacho getting sold, Saka would still most likely be considered a risk and only getting minutes in Europa league / cup games.

Nobody, even @MutableEarth would’ve forecast him being in the full England team 12 months later. He’s worked hard and an intelligent lad but he got experience and trust, that’s it - he’s now worth probably north of £50m.

Nobody’s asking for the young players to save our season or all be thrown in at once, we just want to see Mikel give them a look in where there’s a genuine niche their skill set could address. Try something different other than like for like swapping Laca for Eddie or rotating Ceballos, Elneny and Xhaka but keeping the same shape.

Azeez for 20 minutes off the bench in a game we’re struggling to progress the ball from deep. ESR for half an hour when we need someone to get the ball on the half turn and drive into the box. Willock and AMN in midfield when we need more dynamism and physicality to disrupt opponents with movement and pressing, Balogun when we need hold up play and power through the centre. Mix it up.

Saka’s younger than ESR who will be 21 next year, Nelson and Willock are 22 next year. AMN is 23. No more excuses.

This is the best generation of young talent in my time watching Arsenal and similarly the worst generation of seniors.

Logic dictates you use them a bit.
Where did Saka first play and get gametime ?? He played in the EL for two years, and a lot in the second year. Stop acting like Emery just randomly chucked him into the PL out of nowhere. So thats where the critcism should be towards.... Arteta should have given more opportunities in the EL for sure.

Saka played in the EL, League Cup and FA cups and tore it up, so did Martinelli. That then gave the confidence for them to start playing them in the PL. Thats how it usually works, a player starts somewhere rather than just randomly exploding directly in the PL.

You talk about ages like it means so much. AMN and Saka are much more senior players because they are much further in their development than lets say ESR who's early career has been hampered by injuries. Saka took his chance early and is only playing so much because he's extremely good. The manager doesnt have time to play ESR or Azeez in the PL when we are so bad.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
For starters Holding has been bang average/borderline poor this season. David Luiz has performed a lot better than Holding and is on more money.

Özil was excluded from the squad for whatever reason, you can't have him in the playing poor category because Özil just played the same way throughout, he never had any real fight or passion because he isn't that sort of footballer.

Lacazette and Mustafi simply aren't good enough and haven't been for a long time, nothing to do with their passion. Everyone knows that.

Auba was signed for big money, bigger than anyone in the squad except Özil. And last season he dragged this club on his back and won us an FA cup...

Again, if you'd rather the club go for Johan Doorshoes on 20k a week over Upamecano's for 100-150k a week then theres something wrong with you. You need a good blend of superstars and your Tierney's/Gabriels/Saka's.

I'd rather my club sign good players with good characters. Not good players who are only interested in the queens head.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I’m not interested in outgoing players. I’ll make it simple.

Fact: Up until now all title winners apart from Leicester have come from one of the teams spending in the top 3 on players.

Fact: Liverpool, last year moved into the top 3 before winning the title

What is there not to understand?

So this year Chelsea will have overtaken Liverpool on the little list you have there and Sp**s will be remaining around the same level. But Liverpool are favourites to win the title, yet their spend has dropped off a cliff and the three teams above them aren't even in the bloody top 4!!!!! :lol:

Everton will probably be close to overtaking Liverpool as well, squad spend means **** all these days. So many teams are now spending big money on players, there's way too many variables to be looking at a BS chart.

Going by your chart City should be winning the league, PSG the CL, Madrid should be in the CL final and winning La Liga... Just doesn't work like that broski.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom