• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I think he is some creative and has vision. But he has been told to play it safe for so long that he is not confident to do it. He make a supreme pass through lines ala Özil the other match but I don't remember against who. I believe it was a pass to Bellerin and he assisted the goal.
It was Europa against Vienna? I wanna say.

He can do it ofcourse but it’s not his game. A lot of his passes are along the floor also, I’ve never seen him switch play like Ceballos or Xhaka does sometimes.

Symbia

Ceballos is certainly a better passer and has better technique, Elneny at the other hand reads the game better and does what's needed to be done with little stress. A great all rounder.

With Partey in the team Elneny is certainly a better partner but we are pure AM ala Mata (young) or Bruno from having a perfect midfield.
Ceballos is not a good idea of CAM imo, takes him like forever to execute smart pass which in most occasions needs urgency to caught teams pant down.

In a serious note I will pretend I did not see Giberto comparison with Elneny in terms of physicality as it's a slap-worthy offense. GS in his days was a beast; very quick, insane stamina and hardly lost duel. Brazil played him the national team till he almost grew grey hairs, he was that good!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

AM: We need more creativity and to score more goals.

Also AM: Start Elneny over Ceballos.

aaf.png

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He lives in Ilford, lad. He’ll probably be the guy you hand the money over to when you pay for the execution/arson.
I don’t live in Iltown, not anymore anyway. That’s where I spent my formative years, splashing and blasting at the opp boys.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Yeah, go for the same level of midfield dominance and trust that the attack are continuing to improve. Imagine if Xhaka starts today by though...
After watching all the performances, if Xhaka starts again, I will start believing that black magic exists and Xhaka has hired someone to put a spell on all Arsenal managers.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I wonder if Ceballos-Partey-Elneny would be a good midfield. Think that might give our forwards more connectivity and build up in central areas.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Our lack of creativity isn't down to playing Elneny over Ceballos, it's down to having poor footballers in our attack.

People point to losing Santi to long term injuries as our decline in football, while that was one important factor...losing footballers like prime Özil and Sanchez higher up the pitch was equally, if not even more important.

We don't really have anyone who can do damage high up the pitch right now, bar a kid in Saka.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I wonder if Ceballos-Partey-Elneny would be a good midfield. Think that might give our forwards more connectivity and build up in central areas.

That's more negative than what we do currently as to play it you'd either have to sacrifice Saka or one of the front three. I don't see how Ceballos adds creativity, it just isn't his game at all.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

What has Ceballos done to prove he is so creative? El Neny has been out performing him this season and I like Ceballos.
I feel the same way. I like Ceballos but Elneny has been faultless so far.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
That's more negative than what we do currently as to play it you'd either have to sacrifice Saka or one of the front three. I don't see how Ceballos adds creativity, it just isn't his game at all.
I was thinking more in line where the midfield could form triangles, overloads and shuttle in central areas to take the ball to the forwards. That said I agree we won't get much direct creative influence and I would play Saka at left wing with Auba central and Pepe right wing.

But if we really wanna fly in attack though we gotta stop playing Laca central for Saka on the left with Auba and Pepe while Willian takes the AM spot. That with Elneny and Partey should give us a more simpler route to opening teams up imo.

OSBK

Established Member
Neny has done well for me, probably playing above what i thought his ceiling was. But im not gonna blow too much smoke up his arsenal, even on this form neny is levels below partey and the requirement we need.

Kav

Established Member
What has Ceballos done to prove he is so creative? El Neny has been out performing him this season and I like Ceballos.

WOW @BigPoppaPump speaking truth. I might have to start taking you more seriously.

You are right though Ceballos can do so much better. He has the talent but he's not showing it this season. Inconsistent.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
WOW @BigPoppaPump speaking truth. I might have to start taking you more seriously.

You are right though Ceballos can do so much better. He has the talent but he's not showing it this season. Inconsistent.

Looking at you agreeing with me, how does it feel like being on the winning team for once in your life?

Kav

Established Member
Looking at you agreeing with me, how does it feel like being on the winning team for once in your life?

Unlike others i always try to remain objective and speak my truth. Some will agree others won't. It isn't even about right or wrong anyway.

In this case you just happen to be speaking a whole lot of sense. So good on you.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Our lack creativity isn't down to playing Elneny over Ceballos, it's down to having poor footballers in our attack.

People point to losing Santi to long term injuries as our decline in football, while that was one important factor...losing footballers like prime Özil and Sanchez higher up the pitch was equally, if not even more important.

We don't really have anyone who can do damage high up the pitch right now, bar a kid in Saka.
Before Partey and Gabriel the best thing about this team was it’s front line.

This forum has since been caught up in calling them all bad footballers as of late but I blame Arteta and his brand of brexit ball more than anything.

One of our best players isn’t even in the squad anymore, our most dangerous player is putting in tackles nowadays. Another one of our most dangerous players is being told every time he gets the ball he needs to make a difference and is currently riding bench.

They would all work under a different manager and different set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom