• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

More on Jeffers Future

va_va_voom

Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp has confirmed he wants to strike a deal to end Francis Jeffers' loan spell at Everton.
Jeffers returned to Goodison Park from Arsenal in August, but has yet to score and has been unable to force his way past Tomasz Radzinski and Wayne Rooney.

Redknapp wants to sign Jeffers to solve his current striker shortage.

He said: "I would like to sign Francis Jeffers, but I don't really think it's a goer. I will try it and see."

Redknapp said: "I am looking for a striker as we are desperately short - I have only really got Teddy Sheringham at the minute.

"He belongs to Arsenal and he is on loan at Everton and I doubt whether or not Arsenal would want to lose him."

Redknapp is currently without Aiyegbeni Yakubu due to the African Nations Cup and Svetoslav Todorov and Vincent Pericard through injury.

Jason Roberts' loan spell from West Brom has also ended and the player has now joined Wigan.

reggiepaul

I liked his shot against us but that may be down to insider knowledge, knowing how our team play.

Why didn't he play like that for us?

Apparently he's in Wengers plans and I'd like to see that 8 million credibility come into some fruition somewhere.

Thierrymarron

Sell jug ears! He hasn't fulfilled any of the potential hehad when we signed him, i know he's been injured but now aliadere is coming through make some cash back!

The Mini

We dont need him. We dont want him. Sell him. I have terrible visions of the next few weeks with strike problems. Bentley and Henry will be a bit awkward and that I think is our next option of jug ears goes

reggiepaul

Mini - Bergs should be back for Villa and then Wiltord is back after that game. Otherwise we have Bentley as well.

It should be ok.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i wont mind if we sell, but i wouldnt be dissapointed if we didnt. i have a sneaky feeling (hope) that wenger might give jeffers another go. I just feel that the henry jeffers combo could work. There where times when they played together last season that it looked a decent partnership e.g. charlton at home and west brom away. thierry could make his runs from the left towards the box with someone actually being in the six yard box (jeffers) to finish it off. If bergkamp, wiltord and kanu go, ithink we should have henry and another top stiker signing (maybe one in the bergkamp mould) along with aliadiere and jeffers. Remember also that aliaidiere and jeffers worked quite well together in the reserves. Obviously a lot of people will disagree with me. A couple of weeks ago, i would have disagreed with myself!

A

Anonymous

patrick42uk said:
i wont mind if we sell, but i wouldnt be dissapointed if we didnt. i have a sneaky feeling (hope) that wenger might give jeffers another go. I just feel that the henry jeffers combo could work. There where times when they played together last season that it looked a decent partnership e.g. charlton at home and west brom away. thierry could make his runs from the left towards the box with someone actually being in the six yard box (jeffers) to finish it off. If bergkamp, wiltord and kanu go, ithink we should have henry and another top stiker signing (maybe one in the bergkamp mould) along with aliadiere and jeffers. Remember also that aliaidiere and jeffers worked quite well together in the reserves. Obviously a lot of people will disagree with me. A couple of weeks ago, i would have disagreed with myself!

I agree with you.
Jeffers really confuses the hell out of me.
He is a talented player and you would think ideal for Arsenal. He never got a fair run in the team thinking about it and i wouldnt be mad if he got another chance.
I guess Wenger seeing him at close hand in training doesnt rate him. He was bought as a reaction to our foefull finishing in the cup final against the scousers, so maybe Wenger didnt think it through enough, i dont know.
His scoring record when he started was decent, but i think he has played his last game for us.

GoonerLuke

I watched Jeffers play against Man U a couple of weeks ago, and as much as I hate to say it, he looked like a dirty cheat with some hard and reckless tackles. He's got skills, but he might not have what it takes to be an Arsenal player, because it takes a hell of a lot nowadays.

reggiepaul

Jeffers was the most bizarrest of oddities.

I remember being at Cardiff and Gio and Edu came around warm up and they got little applause and the odd "edu-edu" and "gio gio".

Then Franny comes over to warm up AND all these fans around me got up and started to applaud and singing "one franny jeffers", and I thought to myself, what has he done for us that Gio and Edu haven't???

He has still yet to prove himself yet. I'd like to see it but ain't seen it yet.

patrick42uk

Established Member
portsmouth's interest will reveal what wenger's plans for jeffers is.

Wenger didnt send jeffers to everton because he thought he was crap. He sent him there to regain confidence lost from injuries and time out of the team, mayube to return to highbury a better player, prepared for the challenge of fighting for a place in the team.

GoonerLuke

patrick42uk said:
portsmouth's interest will reveal what wenger's plans for jeffers is.

Wenger didnt send jeffers to everton because he thought he was crap. He sent him there to regain confidence lost from injuries and time out of the team, mayube to return to highbury a better player, prepared for the challenge of fighting for a place in the team.

I thought Jeffers was sent to Everton with a view towards a permanent move back. Was that never the case?

titi

I believe everton have a cast iron deal with jeffers up to the end of the season, but there is no way that everton will buy him. I would assume the problem with portsmouth is that jeffers wont take a pay cut.

JazzG

Established Member
eikaz said:
sell him..and buy Reyes..
sell!! sell!!! sell!!! ;D :mrgreen: ;D

Somehow don't think Jeffers will sell for over £20mill so I'm not sure how we can fund a move for Reyes!

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom