• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Morten Gamst Pedersen

M+D

Established Member
The race is on to sign Morten Gamst Pedersen and the top-five clubs in England want him, according to his agent.

The Blackburn Rovers winger has been linked with a number of clubs in recent months following a great run of form.

The 25-year-old is reported to have a release clause in his contract, which looks to make Pedersen a very tempting target.

Now his agent Rune Hauge has stated that Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham all have an interest in his charge and admits contacts have been made.

"All the big five follow Morten's situation." confirmed agent Rune Hauge to Dagbladet.

"We are in contact with the clubs. Morten plays in a special position on the left and can play as well both in 4-3-3 and 4-4-2."

"The big ones might not have space for players of his type and we might see players in that position leave some of the clubs the coming weeks."

Hauge's quotes are unlikely to sit too well at Ewood Park, with manager Mark Hughes stating earlier this summer that he had no intention of letting Pedersen leave.

Link

>YounGunner<

Established Member
He will probably end up at Liverpool or Tottenham. A decent talent who can get goals from midfield.

I heard he started off at youth level as a right footed player. He then trained his left foot to be better then his right. I think it happened when he injured is right foot.

Amazing considering how good his left foot is.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I won't mind Arsène to sign Pedersen, if Arsène is looking for a budget buy in that position. Judgiing from his agent's words, it looks like a bit of touting and the agent might have hinted the worth of release cluase to the clubs.

How much is Pedersen's release clause? Any mentioning of that in other reports?

Artillero

If the 'big five' all truely did want him then why release the statment?

:?:

Agent talk to drum up intrest or Sp**s after him but he wants a bigger club.

longrufus

Established Member
Friend is a Blackburn season ticket holder, says he isnt sure whether he would make the jump up to the big 4.
A decent player who scores goals, but im not really convinced he has the ability to go on to the next level. He'll more than likely cost a pretty penny aswell, upwards of £8m, at which price Malouda is the far better option.

Buhry

Established Member

Lacks pace and real skill on the ball. He's got a good left foot, but that's it really. His passing game ain't too good either.

belgianfan

Euh no, Don't see the point in this one.

Wenger said super super class and this guy is definately not in that category. I would like to save money and places on the team for the really great.

Ffs this team doesn't need another squad player or usefull addition, we need 1 or 2 players who are truly great.

kanooo

I'd like to have him any day.

Not only does he score from open play, he's also a threat from free kicks.

He also have a knack for scoring against Man U which makes me like him even more.

kanooo

longrufus said:
Friend is a Blackburn season ticket holder, says he isnt sure whether he would make the jump up to the big 4.
A decent player who scores goals, but im not really convinced he has the ability to go on to the next level. He'll more than likely cost a pretty penny aswell, upwards of £8m, at which price Malouda is the far better option.

For me, Malouda just doesn't score enough. I think, buying Malouda or Ribery would be like buying another Helb. Dirbble, dribble, pass, pass and shoot wide.

Grampus_Eight

kanooo said:
longrufus said:

For me, Malouda just doesn't score enough. To buy Maloudas or Riberys would be like buying another Helb.

Pedersen in the league

06/07: 6 goals; 11 assists
05/06: 9 goals; 6 assists
04/05 - only 19 appearances 4 goals, 3 assists.

If Liverpool pass (which I think they will) he'll end up at somewhere in the next group of Sp**s, Everton Newcastle and Villa.

He doesn't fit out style of play. He is a sort of poor man's Beckham, early crosses, shoot first. Doubt we've any interest - but his numbers are very solid over the last few seasons.

kanooo

Just checked Malouda's stats for the past few seasons. Seems like he did score quite a few as well. My mistake.

2004/2005
Played 37, Scored 5 (leauge)

2005/2006
Palyed 31, Scored 6 (league)

2006/2007
Played 35 , Scored 10 (League)

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
of course i was just about t say, you need to watch malouda more...when he gets the chance hell shoot, give it to him on any foot hell shoot,and is very good on the ball...seriously im one of the nly people around here that rate this guy
as again not heghtning speculation,just showing appreciation to a good player
best player overall in ligue 1 hads down, he won it too

Grampus_Eight

EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
of course i was just about t say, you need to watch malouda more...when he gets the chance hell shoot, give it to him on any foot hell shoot,and is very good on the ball...seriously im one of the nly people around here that rate this guy
as again not heghtning speculation,just showing appreciation to a good player
best player overall in ligue 1 hads down, he won it too

I think Malouda is just the sort of very good, hard-working, fit player we could use as well. Ideally, I'd like to see him arrive with a player like Sabrosa or Tuncay, but that's Rafa's plan and apparently not Arsène's.

But I wouldn't bother with hoping we'll ever sign players from Lyon. Aulas is impossible to deal with and since we're the biggest club in France - he certainly won't be doing us any huge favours.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
sorry bout the spelling errors, my keyboard battery needs replacing!!
HOWWWW lucky i use rechargeable batteries,saves a lot of money imo

morpho

Established Member
kanooo said:
morpho said:
A newspaper in Norway said his clause is 8mill

way too much for this guy...

Not if you compare 30 million for SWP.

first of all, please dont compare Gamst with Swp... doesnt make you look good... that said, the price for gamst doesnt justify the price for Swp...

kanooo

morpho said:
kanooo said:
morpho said:
A newspaper in Norway said his clause is 8mill

way too much for this guy...

Not if you compare 30 million for SWP.

first of all, please dont compare Gamst with Swp... doesnt make you look good... that said, the price for gamst doesnt justify the price for Swp...

Any particular reason why it makes me look bad? I'm not comparing him to Rio Ferdinand or Jerzy Dudek. :roll:

morpho

Established Member
cuz Swp is miles ahead of Gamst... in speed, pace, concistency, pases, dribling, one on ones...was watching the norwegian match against malta today... shocking performance from Gamst in a not normaly shocking performance from norway...

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom