• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Most overrated Arsenal players

ASAP Berg

Established Member
I feel Wilshere was overrated. Felt he wasn't able to control games from AM well enough, instead of being efficient and get out attack playing fluid he would just tempt opposition to tackle and draw fouls.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I feel Wilshere was overrated. Felt he wasn't able to control games from AM well enough, instead of being efficient and get out attack playing fluid he would just tempt opposition to tackle and draw fouls.

He never got anywhere near his potential but as a teenager he looked unreal in terms of beating the press and carrying the ball forward. Never the creative player some people painted him to be but if it wasn't for all the injuries etc I reckon he could've developed into a top class controller in midfield.

Don't think it's a bad shout calling him overrated but it's more a case of wasted potential IMO.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
He never got anywhere near his potential but as a teenager he looked unreal in terms of beating the press and carrying the ball forward. Never the creative player some people painted him to be but if it wasn't for all the injuries etc I reckon he could've developed into a top class controller in midfield.

Don't think it's a bad shout calling him overrated but it's more a case of wasted potential IMO.
Yes, I feel injuries played a big part but also if he was deeper I don't think he had the physicality or defensive instincts to be effective. At that time I compare him to Moussa Dembele who has similar skills but was stronger and faster to play that deeper role.

If he had moved to La Liga and played at like a Valencia he would probably keep away from Premiership butchers and had a better career.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
At this point in time, definitely Saliba. Great for his age and the potential to become a wordly is there of course, but his current level of performance is nowhere near what is touted. He certainly wouldn't start at the majority of other European top clubs (Man. City, Bayern, Real, Barcelona, PSG, Inter, Liverpool) and this is an era of rather poor CBs. He would start for Man. United and Sp**s, though, because their CBs are even more overrated.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
At this point in time, definitely Saliba. Great for his age and the potential to become a wordly is there of course, but his current level of performance is nowhere near what is touted. He certainly wouldn't start at the majority of other European top clubs (Man. City, Bayern, Real, Barcelona, PSG, Inter, Liverpool) and this is an era of rather poor CBs. He would start for Man. United and Sp**s, though, because their CBs are even more overrated.

Couldn't disagree more, think this is the worst opinion I've seen here.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul

Let us do some analysis.

PSG: You don't think he could start over Pereira and Kimpembe? Marquinhos I agree, he's better and more experienced, but he's declining.

Bayern: I wouldn't say Kim Min-Jae, De Ligt and certainly the bozo Upamecano are better than Saliba.

Man City: Best team in the world and they've done it last season, can't say anything here.

Real Madrid: The only CB better than Saliba is Militao, Rudiger is a better defender but Saliba is better with the ball. Nacho? Carvajal is underrated but not really a CB.

Barcelona: Saliba walks into this Barcelona team. He's better than Kounde and that bozo Araujo.

Inter: He's better than any of their CBs.

Liverpool: Close between them all, Van Dijk is better, but it's close between Konate and Saliba imo. Konate is better at defending, Saliba is better with the ball.

Conclusion: You don't know what you're talking about. I can guarantee you that Saliba is the first choice CB for PSG and Real Madrid when they enter the market looking for a CB.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
At this point in time, definitely Saliba. Great for his age and the potential to become a wordly is there of course, but his current level of performance is nowhere near what is touted. He certainly wouldn't start at the majority of other European top clubs (Man. City, Bayern, Real, Barcelona, PSG, Inter, LiveArrpool) and this is an era of rather poor CBs. He would start for Man. United and Sp**s, though, because their CBs are even more overrated.
You rate Christensen, Arayo and Inigo Martinez higher than Saliba?

Tnegs

Eduardo - People talk about him like he’s a Haaland level finisher but he never showed it at this level and then he got injured so there is no way of knowing whether he would have come good or not

Nasri - Good in patches but never consistently great apart from 6 months in his final season with us

Diaby - One good game in 9 years. Average West Ham level talent. Pepe in midfield with 0 end product.

Ramsey - 6 month purple patch

Reyes - Never rated him and was annoyed that we missed out on CR7 only to end up with him a few months later

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Dude, I know you’re Greek but you need to stop sniffing the Hummus…!

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Eduardo - People talk about him like he’s a Haaland level finisher but he never showed it at this level and then he got injured so there is no way of knowing whether he would have come good or not

Nasri - Good in patches but never consistently great apart from 6 months in his final season with us

Diaby - One good game in 9 years. Average West Ham level talent. Pepe in midfield with 0 end product.

Reyes - Never rated him and was annoyed that we missed out on CR7 only to end up with him a few months later
Eduardo was the kind of striker we’d find really useful atm. I agree that his legacy was tied up with his injury and the psychological consequences the team suffered that day and for the rest of the season.

Nasri had great potential but was basically a cnut and we all knew that watching him at the time.

Diaby looked like he could be Vieira level but basically never got the chance, so who knows.

Reyes was super useful in the invincibles - the perfect secondary striker for us, he scored some really important goals. Bit of a nutter as we now sadly know. My then law firm acted for him and had to repossess his house in Totteridge from squatters about three times after he left, as he basically forgot he owned it . Funny story, the club agreed to try and sell it to another player so when Arteta first arrived we had to arrange access for him to have a look round. His wife absolutely hated it and was really angry we’d wasted her time.

Tnegs

Has Giroud even had a moment like Auba did when he scored braces against City and Chelsea to win us the FA Cup?

Auba ended badly but a lot of you show Giroud too much love for his work experience at the club.
If we had Auba in 15/16 we would have walked the league. Instead we had a guy who decided that a title challenge in the weakest league in memory was the best time to go on a 15+ game non scoring spree.

Tsl

How do people feel about Bendtner? Wenger recently stated to danish television that he was one of the greatest talents he ever had and put him in the same bracket as Fabregas and Wilshere talentwise.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Always thought this is probably the stupidest thread to have on the forum, but that post about Saliba definitely confirms it!

Horror take that, so bad it's good type of thing... @albakos get it in the best posts of AM widget so it will never be forgotten:lol:

Buhry

Established Member

How do people feel about Bendtner? Wenger recently stated to danish television that he was one of the greatest talents he ever had and put him in the same bracket as Fabregas and Wilshere talentwise.

Absolute donkey, I hated him. Allthough I think my glasses were tinted from comparing him to the great attackers we had before him. But still I think he was a donkey and while he was here he never produced, while the other strikers we also had (adebayor and rvp) at least eventually lived up to their potential.

Also putting Bendtner, Wilshere and Cesc in the same talent bracket seems ridiculous, one is clearly not like the others.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Couldn't disagree more, think this is the worst opinion I've seen here.

jose mourinho GIF

@Riou I'm off the hook, lad :lol:

I like some of these takes.

I don't think Eduardo would have ever become more than 15+ PL goals a season at best. In the month leading up to his injury he was showing some very promising signs, but he had trouble settling at the beginning. Also, and I know this will be a very unpopular take, but players have come back from that sort of injury in the past. However, I live with a fractured ankle with nails/screws and plates inside, and while I can run like in the past, I cannot kick a ball more than five times and I fear tackles on a football field! So credit to the players that do come back!

Nasri - great potential, showed it along the way, but his personality was at the level of Adebayor.

Diaby - great potential, showed it along the way, and I felt he could have contributed had he remained injury free.

I feel Ramsey was a level above Darren Fletcher but a level below Michael Carrick. Wouldn't have started for many top teams, at least not for that many years.

I want to add Rosicky and Hleb to this list over overrated players. Very technically gifted, and I feel that Hleb could provide value, however very limited end-product.
For me, Rosicky showed promising signs in 07-08 and was hit by that never-ending injury. He was bought in to replace Pires and was never half the player he was. I think that Nasri was a better player for Arsenal than Rosicky - just by looking at their stats, they both scored 27 and 28 goals for the club, but Rosicky needed double the amount of games to do it.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

amazing that half of the players on your list had career changing injuries and there is Nasri who won the league with City after leaving.

You guys targeting Eduardo, Diaby, Ramsey, and Wilshere is the lowest thing a football fan could do, even if I put on a side how dumb it is

I'm happy Ramsey and Eduardo left and all that but saying this stuff about someone who had his leg split in half is beyond stupid, if anything it's an achievement that they salvaged something from their careers after that.

Those guys were top tier talents and were truly unlucky with injuries, and Nasri/Reyes just made wrong career choices but were top talents just the same

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom