• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - CL: Arsenal vs Hamburger SV | 21/11/06

Jkreffer

Established Member
Arsenal v Hamburg
van Persie
Eboue
Baptista

A bloody important win by all accounts. Really happy for all three goalscorers and thought the decision to revert back to 4-4-2 in the second half worked wonders.

Van Persie had a really effective game I thought and well deserved his goal. The same goes for Eboue who had another cracking little game. My MOTM though would have to go to Hleb. Every other ball seems to go through him and he looked really lively and dangerous. Was unlucky not to have got himself a goal of which I feel would have been deeply warrented.

kooldawg

Established Member
1. Walcott (Assists created the 2 goals)
2. Hleb (did well for the most part)
3. Toure (Excellent defending)

AFCFan4Ever

Walcott, no doubt about it in my mind.

We were looking flat and lacking the cutting edge until he came on and bam, the offense was right on track. He set up Eboue and then hit a majestic cross for Baptista's thumping header.

He was all over the pitch, wrecking havoc on the Hamburg defense and doing something constructive with every touch he had.

Close second to Hleb, sensational again but I'm not surprised in the least...dude is such a quality player.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
toure.

walcott is close though and phil deserves a good mentioning too. not forgetting hleb who's a real gem in our midfield area.

Gryphon

hleb, unbelivable player many people thought that we got a raw deal off him.
Walcott wins super sub award for me, very effective off the bench

Sammer

Established Member
Hleb for me.

Toure was great too, but considering Hamburg being mediocre in attack, Hleb gets my vote.

Other than that special mention to Fab for his sublime pass to RvP and of course Theo for providing class.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Walcott changed the game, so it's him for me.

But I thought Hleb was brilliant last night,m the goal would have been nothing less than he deserved.

drthorne1

RocktheCasbah said:
Walcott changed the game, so it's him for me.

But I thought Hleb was brilliant last night,m the goal would have been nothing less than he deserved.

Well i agree with that...

Theo was fanstatic when he went wide right, and Hleb's passing and movement was great

:shock:

sabret00the

Established Member
in first place, we have Hleb, slightly off the pace of our faster game, but none the less instrumental, everything positive went through him at one stage.
in second place, we have Toure, you could see just how assured he felt in having Phil back next to him. he was everywhere and such a monster in it too.
in third place, it's the boy that came on to quiet critics, Walcott, finally showing for a sustained period of time what we knew he could do, totally changed the game.

IBL

Established Member
1. Toure
2. Walcott
3. Hleb

Toure for his fight and drive, literally bulldozing his way forward to make things happen. Walcott for his two assists and injection of urgency. Hleb for always looking threatening and making our best chances early on

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom