• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - CL: Arsenal vs Porto | 30/09/08

Man of the Match: Porto

• Adebayor

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Van Persie

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Walcott

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Fabregas

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

Re: Man of the Match: Porto

Fabregas or van Persie for me, Adebayor and Walcott added some much needed spark to our play. Nasri and Denilson had decent games as did Gallas for that matter. The full backs were back to their usual best too.

Tough one but I say van Persie. I wonder if we will see him against Sunderland, three games a week might be a bit much for him...

Lukazan

Established Member

I'd go for RVP. Looked much better last night than he has for a long while.

Mobb Starr

Fabulous gets my vote, kicked into form when we needed it. He bossed the game.

hesham

Established Member

Voted for RvP
but its no coincidence that the whole team has started to play well now that Cesc is getting into form

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Wow. A lot more votes for Van Persie and Cesc since last time I checked.
It was a good tea performance though so it could be anybody.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

I thought, Fabregas was great against Fc Porto, some great passes specially that one to Vpersie and that one to Adebayor, thats the Fabregas we wanted him to be. he was very very lively, and really bossing the midfield with his partner Denilson.

My second vote will go to Walcott and Van Persie,

Walcott was bringing some energy and pace on the right side, some good movement off the ball some good movements with the ball some dangerous shoots on the goal, but no goal, but overall he was very good for us, a very good match keep it up Theo.

Van Persie, well, he needed this goals, his overall play was good, but he needs to stop to sitting deep, to deep behind Adebayor, he needs to get more beside Adebayor and we all saw it, his first goal was typical a striker goal and you needs brians for that one. it was not a easy goal to put in, his second goal, was pure technique and movement if you ask me, some poor defending though from Porto, but still a quality goal.

James

Established Member

This was our closest MOTM poll so far. To be fair, it would've been fair for either three to be awarded with it, but Cesc Fabregas just pipped Theo Walcott and Robin Van Persie to it with 39% of the vote.

Lets hope it's a sign that he's getting back to his best.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom