• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - CL: Arsenal vs Sparta Prague | 02/11/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Toure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Campbell

• Clichy

• Gilberto

• Flamini

• Reyes

• Pires

• Fabregas

• Henry

• van Persie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Arsenal 3 – Sparta Prague 0

Goals: Thierry and Robin x2

Another great European night for the Arsenal as we secured our spot in the final 16 of the competition with another win. Yes that’s right Arsenal winning in Europe, 4 games out of 4. If you had said that at the beginning of the season I would have laughed.

It was a good night overall too with Utd losing AGAIN

Who was your MOTM? Vote and leave a comment before Friday.

TG

invisibleman18

Established Member
have to say van persie despite only playing 30 mins or so.
he changed the Sp**s game when he came on, he changed this game to some extent when he came on. IMO he is our best player outside of Henry yet cant buy a start at the moment. every blind man and his dog can see that he should be starting, except wenger it seems.

RammiXP

Flamini for me asssured and did his job well. The guy need a bit more praise when he gets thinks right because he certailny gets stick when he does things wrong.

goonermanic

Gilberto Silva gets my vote, I thought the guy was throwing himself around well in the midfield, making some good interceptions and holding the Sparta's play up well!

Our defence was a bit disappointing, and I suspect wengie will have to beef it up come the the transfer window, cause there is simply not enough depth there!

But hey, Positives for the night, Arsenal seem to be finding their groove, and as we all know and feel we have a point to prove against Moronhinho, so heres hoping the form can be unleashed in the premiership!

Chips&CurrySauce

Flamini and Gilberto??? Jeez I thought this was the area of the pitch where we were poorest...

Personally I thought Clichy did quite well, is beginning to show more confidence.. Kolo once again kept the back 4 together, Henry was excellent in the first 25 minutes but faded after that.. Reyes and Van Persie were the 2 players that stood out for me, but just for his incredible impact on the game I'll give it to Robin!!

goonermanic

The reason I cite Gilberto as MOTM, is because compared to previous displays he has improved immensely. And on Reyes, I dunno, the guy plays with all his heart and I am an admirer of him for that reason, but for all his potential and ability which he clearly possesses (spelling?) his decision-making on the pitch sometimes lets the team down, and I see it on the face of Henry, Pires and Bergkamp, everytime he loses possession, delays that pass by 2 seconds, or does not pass.

I trully hope the boy comes good, cause he has the ability to emmulate the what TH does for us!

Viper

Established Member
I chose Van Persie, despite him being on the pitch for 20 minutes, because he scored 2 goals in five minutes and played well.

sabret00the

Established Member
van Persie, i'm not a fan of giving it to anyone because they score and i'm not about to start now but he was great, flicks, passing, drive, he was an inspiration.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Reyes for me. A little indecisive, but showed some wonderful passing and was a constant threat all night. Henry's goal was class and van the man was superb when he came on.

I also agree with whoever said Gael Clichy did well last night. Kolo was his usual brilliant self too.

Sammer

Established Member
It´s between Reyes, Bobby and van Persie in my view.

The vote goes out to van Persie for his superb finishing.

A

Anonymous

Van Persie, because a MOTM award has evaded him for some * reason on this blasted forum.

Second best striker at Arsenal.

Give him some due.

Ratinho

Established Member
If Reyes starts shooting again, especially with his left, he's gonna be deadly. Right now, he's just playing well.

Pires seems rejuvinated playing on the right in the last couple of appearances, thought him and Henry were the outstanding players tbh.

However, i'd give it RvP ni the vain hope he starts with Henry at the weekend (although Bergkamp did well, up until his finishing).

daryl

van Persie surely. Who can argue with such a ferocious shot on that first goal? He gives the team something special everytime he comes on. Almost let he freshens up the team out of those (sometimes) stale ideas.

The players must be reading this forum! Every player you guys have bashed in the past few days, Bergkamp, Pires, and Flamini even, came out to put in good performances!

RenalDoh!!

henry
wonderful goal again, scored when sparta where sitting back and defending.
set a great example in the first half chasing everything and being involved in pretty much all moves.
not so involved 2nd half, and RVP was pretty special when he came on, but henry still nicks it for me

Arnie

He's Bangin at the door and it's only a matter of time till its knocked down.

It's gotta be Van Persie. We were cheerin him for so long last night when he had to take like 3 or 4 coeners in a row at the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom