• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - CL: Celta Vigo vs Arsenal | 24/02/04

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lauren

• Toure

• Campbell

• Clichy

• Edu

• Vieira

• Pires

• Ljungberg

• Henry

• Reyes

• Kanu

• Bentley

• Cygan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Celta Vigo 2 - 3 Arsenal

Winners in Spain at last :) Thanks to goals by Pires and 2 for Edu.

Edu's second was excellent pure class :) and the link up between Thierry and Robert in the third was fantastic.

The game was different from what i had expected (never seeing Celta play) as Celta were applying pressure from the first minute. It looked like Celta had 5 extra players on the field the way they were hawking our boys. :wink: Our defense looked shaky at times and the midfield couldn't seem to pass good balls upfield.

I saw a real improvement in the second half, the team passing was much better and our two classy goals were scored.

Overall this has been a great week for us, the win againest Chelsea, 7 point lead at the top, the stadium money and the win in europe.

Who was your MOTM? Whoever it was make sure you vote and leave a comment.

Poll closes Friday

tg signing off :)

Soler

Established Member
Clichy. He needed time to learn of his new surroundings and all that jazz. Just that link up with Bob and Tit that Ash has that's preventing Clichy from taking the left back slot.

Vilas

Clichy. I didn't expect that kind of performance out of him. Especially in the second half, he was brilliant for his age and size.

Chips&CurrySauce

Edu by far our best player on the night which was so important in view of the poor games had by our attacking players.
Edu's goal was beautiful, his skill in beating 3 players, dummy on his left foot and a stunning right foot curler. One of our best goals of the season.

Gunner Ossie

Edu was man of the match by miles, his all round play was exellent and as vieira said, it was edu that lifted the whole team.

this guy has been sitting on the bench for far too long, and i honestly believe that when he is in our midfield it has the same versitility as when vieira was partnered by petit.

Clichy was next and he did very well bearing his experience in mind. I would like to haver seen him get forward more, coz i know hes good in attack as well, but he was a bit too exposed.

Andrew

Has to be Edu. I thought no one really played outstanding, but he scored the vital two goals including one cracker.

macardi

i voted for edu (our's one of course) simple because he was the only player who was playing and commiting 100% today. the rest with the exception of clichy(who was superb) were playing at around 80% in my opinion during the whole 9 minutes. for us to win this years CL (in which we have a very good chance of) our players need to play like they do in the premiership cause i dont know what is happening but as soon as we get into a stadium and the CL tunes are played our performance drops from above 100% (in the premiership) to below 80%. as a gunner for life that worries me abit when we meet teams such as you know who. :D

jaygooner

Edu for me was our best player on the pitch, scored 2 goals and his movement of the ball was great. Clichy played well but didn't link with Pires very well and there were non of the darting forward runs we expect from Ash, I wonder if Arsène told him to sit back for this game.

bobbypires

Established Member
star.JPG
star.JPG
star.JPG
Edu
star.JPG
star.JPG
Pires
star.JPG
Clichy

Andrew

Read this crap: http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002 ... 58,00.html

They're talking about how Wenger wished Clichy and Silvinho could swap shirts, as if selling Silvinho and buying Clichy was the worst decision ever. But some of us here think he had an excllent match. Then they're going on about how sub-standard we were and how we didn't look like european title contenders. Yet, we are the first team to win in Vigo this year in the CL, which includes the likes of Milan and Ajax. What a stupid article.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Clichy.

Edu had a good game (indeed he was the only midfielder who showed up last night) but it's because he scored twice that he is getting all the votes.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom