• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - CL: Porto vs Arsenal | 06/12/06

Jkreffer

Established Member
Porto 0-0 Arsenal

This is going to be a pretty difficult decision this week as no one from Arsenal really played. Awful match to watch but I suppose you have to look at the bigger picture and make sure you qualify. Not sure if all the travelling fans would agree though.

The MOTM of the whole game was probably Queresma due to the fact he was the only one who looked half interested in attacking and scoring a goal. From an Arsenal perspective I will give Gilberto MOTM. He kept the team calm and made sure they kept things simple in order to grind out the result.

hujja

Established Member
I can't really think of anyone standing out in this one. Everyone looked equally rubbish.

Well, maybe Aleks for looking dangerous and once again mesmerising with his silky ball skills.

IBL

Established Member
No one stood out really. Toure was solid enough, Fullbacks did ok, Gilberto did his job, Cesc wasnt bad, everyone else was just 'meh'

If I had to choose, maybe Gilberto

Lukazan

Established Member
Gilberto gave the ball away far too often for my liking.

My vote would go to Toure, the rest were just very meh.

Rocafella

Established Member
MOTM for this game is hard to choose from but not from a positive point of view. I'd go for Fabregas on our side, played some nice passes throughout. Only other player I'd say who came close to that is Toure.

lagos

Established Member
I think we need to be specific here, the rest of the post didn't do much :roll:

My MOTM goes to

the LEFT post for 2 fine saves. :D

I wonder if it's available in the transfer window

sesquioxide

lagosgooner said:
I think we need to be specific here, the rest of the post didn't do much :roll:

My MOTM goes to

the LEFT post for 2 fine saves. :D

I wonder if it's available in the transfer window

Our opponent possess of it and would never sell it to us.

I suppose we have the squirrel. Do you think we can sell it to Mourinho for 30 M? I know how important he is to the team and the move might demoralise Lehmann but it will help relieve pressure from the stadium debt and help us get Ribery.

Nutsy

Established Member
If chosen from our squad, i'd go with Toure, the guy is just class, solid performance, but man of the match i have to say Queresma, the guy was on fire last night. and yes the 2 post that saved our arses.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Army of Me said:
Someone suggested the post for 2 outstanding saves, and I'm gonna go with that.

Gets my vote too.
Notable mention to the ref for bringing it to and end without making us endure much injury time too.

qs

Established Member
Hleb. Didnt get much of a chance to attack but he was the only one with the composure to take the ball up the pitch any time we stopped one of their attacks, everyone else just hoofed it back at them.

stuart

Established Member
probably fabregas but nobody really did anything, overall id have to agree with quaresma

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom