• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - FA: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 21/05/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Senderos

• Toure

• Cole

• Vieira

• Bergkamp

• Ljungberg

• van Persie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Arsenal 0 - Man Utd 0
5-4 penalties

WOOHOOO, we won the cup. We weathered the storm and kept our nerve up until the shoot out. A great save from Lehmann set up a victory that was guanteed by Patrick Vieira on our 5th spot kick.

Who was our MOTM?

MY MOTM: Lehmann, kept us in the game and saved the ginger ones penalty.

CLOSES: Monday

tg :)

Ally

Jens, Jens, Jens, Jens, Jens. ;D

I am so unbelievably proud of him and would be astonished if there's anything other than 100% of the vote his way.

That man won us the FA Cup today. And I absolutely love him to bits.

Mark

Established Member
It's been said many times already: JENS. The rest of the team were pretty terrible but the crazy German saved us and this will always be remembered as his finest hour, or two hours rather :wink: :lol:

Aussie

Established Member
Jens Lehmann

I have been his harshest critic. However with that display i take everything back i have ever said about him. What a legend.

Canuck

Established Member
Well I'm glad it's unanimous so far.
Lehmann all the way. Great reaction save on Rooney, superb save on Scholes. Did well on corners too for the most part and only made one real error that I noticed.

Let's be thankful than ManUre are still having the same problem that has plagued them all season. Poor finishing!

Attacking we were abysmal. Though I think the match shows how far defensivley we've come since the middle of the season. Though they still have some work to do over the summer if we want to challenge for the league title next time.

Big nod to Toure, Phil, Freddie (fantastic save on the line!) Though that Cole made a couple good defensive saves but was horrible going forward.

For all of the admiration we've been giving Lauren lately, he was a major dissapointment today. Ronaldo had him beat almost every time! Though he pretty much made up for it with his penalty shot! :mrgreen:

Hurray for the Gunners! FA CUP WINNERS!
Bring on Chelski in the Charity Shield! :wink:

leongsh

Jens Lehmann, who else. He kept us in the game and made some really good saves with the penalty save during the shootout to give us the advantage.

If anything, Arsenal winning the 2005 FA Cup is mostly down to Jens Lehmann coming up trumps when it mattered. Thanks Mad Jens.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Definately Jens Lehmann. How on earth the man of the match was named before the game even finished is beyond me.

Clearly Jens kept us in the game, and should've deserved the Man of the Match accolade. Wayne Rooney my ass!

Lets hope Jens stays on for next season, as I have always hoped for. I'd miss the crazy German if he left. :cry:

teitzo

I say Lauren.
Nah Kiddin, Lehmann of course. Did you see when Lehmann got taken out by Rooney i think it was, he did like a 360 flib and landed on his side, then just got up and walked back to goals!! Cristiano Ronaldo would have lied down dead then and there!!!

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Jens was outstanding (apart from his 1 error). Of the starting field players Vieira was by far the best (though he couldn't manage to put his fellow players in the right position). Freddy & RVP did well too especially since they came on in a team which was positionally outplayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 26

Sturm Graz Sporting Director Andreas Schicker says he will meet Arsenal next week to attempt to sign striker Mika Biereth permanently [Kurier]

Arsenal have made contact with Stade Rennais and representatives regarding a move for Désiré Doué this summer. They are joined by PSG, Manchester United, Sp**s, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in the pursuit for the 18 year-old [The Secret Scout]

Arsenal are in the running to sign Crystal Palace attacker Michael Olise alongside Manchester United, Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea [Darren Lewis - The Mirror]

Emile Smith Rowe will hold talks with the club this week as the likelihood of him leaving for more playing time grows [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom