• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Birmingham City | 02/10/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Campbell

• Lauren

• Cole

• Fabregas

• Gilberto

• Ljungberg

• Reyes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Arsenal 1 – Birmingham 0
But really it should have read Arsenal 1 – Maik Taylor 0

We collected all three points thanks to a late second half deflected goal from Robin van Persie. It could have been a lot more had it not been for Taylor who had the game of his life.

My Motm: Lauren, he had a solid match up front as well as defensively. Special mentions to Reyes and Freddie who worked hard for the team.

Who was our MOTM? Whoever you think it was vote and leave a comment before Tuesday.

TG

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Jose Antonio for me.

He was very explosive in everything he did. He actually shot the ball for one, which is great to see. His energy on the field even in the last minutes was fantastic also.

Let's hope he keeps it up through out the year.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
For the first time in a long time, I'm tempted to give it top the goalscorer, but that would be harsh on Reyes who was a constant threat, could have had a hat trick and would have had another two assists, were it not for some stupendous goalkeeping. He's a buzzbomb!

RenalDoh!!

tough call
voted for reyes for last 3 polls, but he wasnt quite as good yesterday, and needs to start finishing some chances soon, he is a forward after all, so needs to score goals.
i'm gonna go for freddie, won the penalty, would have scored when cunningham cleaned him out, and put in plently of work the whole game.

shariefoo

I personally cant say who was man of the match.. Both Lauren and Reyes were Men of the match for me..

Lauren had a fantastic 90 minute.. He was a threat up front and was solid as a rock in defense.. His speed and vision also helped him to go up and down on the right wing.. This guy is a machine.. I never sensed that he was exhausted or lost some of his power by the final stages of the game..

As for Reyes he had a great game.. His speed was Mesmerizing.. His passing inch perfect.. His shots super.. How many times did he present Ljungberg with a shooting chance.. how many times did he try and score from impossible angle only to be denied by the keeper (who had a good game)..

For Reyes.. as good as he is up front i still think that he is better on the left wing..

Pires was a disappointment lately.. The killer touch, the speed and the passing that scared the hell out of right backs disappeared.. We depended alot on the left wing thanks to him and cole however lately it seems that cole is doing most of the job.. The speed have gone.. The vision disappeared.. The skill vanished..

What happened Pires ??

Put Reyes on the left.. Ljungberg on the right.. Henry and Bergkamp (RvP) up front and you got your attack..

invisibleman18

Established Member
always been a lauren fan, and it seems like often around here you are not allowed to say hes any good. solid as ever. lauren for me.

IBL

Established Member
Had some good performances yesterday from Freddy, Sol and Lauren but I'm gonna give it to Reyes who had another excellent game. I've never seen him play as direct as he did yesterday, tried to take on the Brum defenders at every opportunity, had several attempts on target denied only by the brilliant Taylor, set up two lovely chances for Freddy and Pires. Constant threat throughout and the match and worked hard as always.

hellolo

Cesc for me
today was the cesc of last season, he played some beautiful flighted balls around
it wasn't just side to side like the previous matches, especially that ball to reyes, that was beautiful
Reyes was super as well but thats expected due to his immense form atm

Lukazan

Established Member
I'm going to go for Fabregas too.

Did nothing special but that is the point, he kept everything so simple and I'm not sure if I saw him lose the ball once the whole match. A little gem.

Toure also deserves a mention I thought he was our best defender yesterday. Lauren was a threat going forward and Ljungberg and Reyes ran their hearts out.

wer

Lehmann. pretty consistent in league matches this season. Hope he mantains it.

A

Anonymous

toure for sure. That guy uses his speed well and his covering play is amazing!!

ccc

Re: AM Man of the Match: Birmingham

thierrys_girl said:
arsenal-birmingham.gif

Arsenal 1 – Birmingham 0
But really it should have read Arsenal 1 – Maik Taylor 0

We collected all three points thanks to a late second half deflected goal from Robin van Persie. It could have been a lot more had it not been for Taylor who had the game of his life.

My Motm: Lauren, he had a solid match up front as well as defensively. Special mentions to Reyes and Freddie who worked hard for the team.

Who was our MOTM? Whoever you think it was vote and leave a comment before Tuesday.

TG

I'm wondering why rvp was not even in the candidates list, though I don't think he deserve the title MOM only because of a deflected goal.

A

Anonymous

Cesc will do it for me, he just reminded me of last season today, chips over the opposition defence, thru passes, interceptions, getting the ball from defence...its gotta be Cesc for me although a lot of pips played well...
I hear we could be gettting the other silver-ball winner from Mexico U17 championship...Gio Dos Santos...how true is that?

Ricky_AFC

Reyes again for me. He is electrifying at the moment. Seems like a long time since i voted anyone but reyes for MoM :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom