• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Fulham | 23/08/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cygan

• Toure

• Cole

• Hleb

• Fabregas

• Gilberto

• Reyes

• Henry

• Bergkamp

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Arsenal 4 - Fulham 1

Goals: Thierry x2 and Cygan x2

God, it was werid waking up this morning and finding out that Pascal Cygan had got two goals in the match. Haven't seen the goals yet or read match reports but know how important it is that we won today. Good to see Thierry get on the scoresheet and 1 goal from the record.

Who was our MOTM? Whoever you think it was vote and leave a comment before Friday.

TG

Sammer

Established Member
This is a tough one, I would single out:

Reyes - for showing us what we all hoped for the last months. Great runs, perfect passing and never to be stopped.

Lehmann - for showing another faultless display and keeping us in the game in the first half, where we could have conceded another goal. Rock solid.

Cygan - for a great game and two goals. What can you say. Today he is our hero, next game, he´ll be slaugthered again by fickle fans.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Sammer said:
Reyes - for showing us what we all hoped for the last months. Great runs, perfect passing and never to be stopped.

I'll second that. He was exceptional last night. Bergkamp, Hleb and Henry were also very good.

Gurgen

Established Member
I'm giving it to Reyes.

His passing was fantastic, he made the right decisions and his runs in the second half leaving 3 or 4 men behind him every time were a delight to watch.

bobbypires

Established Member
star0qw.gif
star0qw.gif
star0qw.gif
Pascal Cygan

star0qw.gif
star0qw.gif
Jose Antonio Reyes

star0qw.gif
Thierry Henry

Army of Me

Established Member
ooo ooo difficult one! It's between...

Reyes - I thought he was superb. His passing, movement, confidence, pace, skill and everything else was just brilliant. He didn't put a foot wrong all night, except for a bit of a nasty challenge.

Cygan - ha! The man we all love to hate had a wicked game last night, he looked solid and composed at the back, and dangerous on set-pieces and going forward. His passing was spot-on and he he scored 2 goals!

I'm going to have to go for Cygan, although Reyes was superb, I thought our defence looked more solid last night than it has been in a while, and his contribution to the scoreline helped swing it his way.

Ratinho

Established Member
Now, it was Fulham at home, so i'm not gonna go mad, but that was back to business, in not just the result, but in the team out there.

Hleb-----------Cesc------------Bert-----------Reyes

--------------Henry----------RvP/Bergkamp--------

Now obviously, Ljungberg is still a vital player, but seeing us come forward in wave afetr wave with Reyes and Hleb in the side, really cheered me up. I wasn't especially down, but it cheered me up further.

Gort

On another day it would have been Reyes, but Pascal Cygan gets my vote for his performance.

No, I wasn't one of those fickle Cygan haters and have always thought that he was a reasonable back-up player. Maybe he could be the targetman that many have craved for. ;)

bank8

Although Reyes and Cygan were superb last night but I cast my vote for Titi
Henry who stand in right position and role.play upfront not left wing was suited
for him.

Karlos2

Reyes for me, He showed us what he is capable of, linked up play, beating people and passing well, i thought he played very well and lets hope this form continues for when we play Boro.

Special mention to Cygan though :D

Zico

Established Member
Hate to choose here. We needed some stellar performances after an uninspired start to the season. In general team played very well, but Henry, Cygan and Reyes really led the way.

I'm going to go with Cygan for the oddest of reasons - I'm sure this is the first time he's ever been up for the award and he certainly won't be nominated again for his defensive displays. He really looked like John Terry on attack yesterday, didn't he.

sharpgunner

yeah. Cygan for me today.

I am one of the Cygan haters out there. But we should always give credit where it is due.

That said, i still don't want him to start after this game. He is too inconsistent and make costly mistakes. Although Senderos makes mistakes, at least he is lucky enough that many of those mistakes do not result in goals. haha.

alexander_hleb

Since cygan shocked me yesterday with those two goals he deservves it more then any of the others. Hopefully he'll play like that again and shock me again.hopefully against chelsea.

Arnie

Me and my arsenal mates could talk about one thing and one thing only last night. Pascal Cygan scoring 2 goals! this happens once in a blue moon! You have to give it to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom