• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Manchester City | 04/01/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Almunia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Senderos

• Cole

• Hoyte

• Ljungberg

• Fabregas

• Pennant

• Henry

• van Persie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratinho

Established Member
Very fair point mate.

I've heard a lot of people talk about Wright-Phillips, and rightly so as he is a special player, but in the second half especially, he got caught up in the central congestion as Cole pushed him inside and away from the space. Big improvement on Cole's last couple of performances, anyway.

Chips&CurrySauce

Mighty Arsenal, I was at the game and I'm afraid to say Hoyte had a shocker. His passing was awful, even when he was under no pressure, he'd pass it straight to a City player. Also his defending is questionable, he was caught out on the wrong side on more than one occasion....

I would say, Toure, Senderos, Almunia and Cole played well, but thats it! For man of the match I'd give it to Cole just ahead of Senderos. Cole was the only one, especially in first half who was showing urgency, and in the main he kept SWP, very quiet. I would just like to see him go for it more and get a few crosses in, instead of always passing to Henry.....

sabret00the

Established Member
Chips&CurrySauce said:
Mighty Arsenal, I was at the game and I'm afraid to say Hoyte had a shocker. His passing was awful, even when he was under no pressure, he'd pass it straight to a City player. Also his defending is questionable, he was caught out on the wrong side on more than one occasion....

I would say, Toure, Senderos, Almunia and Cole played well, but thats it! For man of the match I'd give it to Cole just ahead of Senderos. Cole was the only one, especially in first half who was showing urgency, and in the main he kept SWP, very quiet. I would just like to see him go for it more and get a few crosses in, instead of always passing to Henry.....
yup Cole had a good game too, i really couldn't beleive how bad Vieira, Hoyte and Pires played though.

marco

thought freddy played quite well.
wright phillips was man of the match for me!

vieira was absolutely awful! pleased to see he wasnt even an option to vote for!

Arnie

heard it on the radio before watching motd, seems like senderos was faultless, but overall on both teams it has to be dunne

zodos

May not have been his best game, but when your playing in central midfield on your own, it's probably the most difficult job on the pitch.

I think that's a bit unfair on Fabregas. He would have done a lot better had he been alone in central midfield, but he had the liabilty of carrying PATRICIA along!

gash

I was there too and have to say Hoyte cocked up on a few occassions but otherwise wasn't AWFUL. Senderos was excellent, my motm just ahead of Cole. Senderos put in some crunching tackles and a few excellent passes straight up to the forwards. Almunia worth of a mention too. He plucked on City cross out superbly and clung on to it and his distribution is excellent too. Van Persie was ****e, he never harried the opposition, was never in the game apart from a few golden chances which he probably should have done better with. The less said about Vieira, the better. I couldn;t believe when he took Cesc off and left Paddy on.

City were very good though, that has to be acknowledged. Sean Wright phillips is a danger whenever he's on the ball.

Chips&CurrySauce

Look I know Cesc is the new darling, but we have to be fair in our judgement. Sure Patrick was poor yesterday, but so was Cesc, I think its was arguably Cescs worst game for us. He was as guilty as anyone with respect to misplacing his passes, he was also muscled off the ball a few times... We all know what a talent he is, but don't let that cloud your judgement, because he also was poor yesterday!

sabret00the

Established Member
gash said:
Van Persie was s***e, he never harried the opposition, was never in the game apart from a few golden chances which he probably should have done better with.
he didn't have a spectacular game but he weren't ****e, he tracked back and helped the midfield. going forward he was ok but missed a couple chances, but then again he was there a couple times when no one else was, i think he took the most shots outta our strikers, not to mention his dead balls put the rest of the team to shame.

gash

I thought Cesc was alright, one or two misplaced passes at the most. He got stuck in and had the better of Barton on many occassions...no mean feat...without falling over and asking for a foul every time someone gets ****ing near him. Vieira is pissing me off tbh. Since that pansy arsed dive against Liverpool most things he does wrong lately wind me up no end so I'm probably not the most objective in my opinions relating to him but I definetely think he needs a kick up the arse and told to ****ing get on with it. If ever there was a sentence in need of punctuation, that, was it - unlike this one, it has to be said, to be fair, at the end of the day.

****, I need ot get away from this screen for a wee break.

gooner#1

I think Senderos deserves this...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, I have noticed you haven't been putting the cresents of the two teams in your Man-of-the-match threads like I do in my predictions thread.Is it because the site isnt allowing you to do it or WE/I have "fogotten" how to?

bobbypires

Established Member
star.JPG
star.JPG
star.JPG
Philippe Senderos
star.JPG
star.JPG
Cesc Fábregas
star.JPG
Robin van Persie / Ashley Cole

Adam

Established Member
Henry, Ljungberg and Cesc. They were the ones who wanted it most when we were behind.

Since no one showed outstanding ability, then it must be judged on desire.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
The Arsenal-Mania Man of the Match: Man City goes to Philippe Senderos was won the award with 52% of the votes, second place went to goal scorer Freddie Ljungberg who had 15% of the votes and third to Thierry Henry who had 8% of the votes.

16854.jpg

Well done Philippe :)

tg, keeping the faith :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Latest posts

Top Bottom