• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Middlesbrough | 14/01/06

Who was our MOTM?

• Lauren

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Djourou

• Senderos

• Cole

• Pires

• Gilberto

• Fabregas

• Ljungberg

• Henry

• Reyes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sabret00the

Established Member
Anyone who watched the highlights will no doubt have seen the media focus on some amazing feats of skills by the captain, if he wins this i'm totally happy, however my votes for Reyes, he was great, so great in fact i'm struggling to put his impact into words :lol:

gun4glory

Henry no question...
Althoug Reyes, Ljungberg were fantastic... also a mention to Pires who upped his game (and scored a great goal) and Fabregas who never lets me down... Djourou for a great premeirship debut...
And of course... WELCOME BACK KING COLE!
Too bad Cygans out hough...

Gurgen

Established Member
Sammer said:
OneProudGooner said:
Ljungberg, Reyes and Henry all stood out for me the back 2
seemed comfortable despite being inexperienced but Boro rarely threatened upfront and in the middle of the park there was there was no need to win any battle in there as Boro were that poor.
I'll have to give it to Freddie despite Reyes' assists and Henry's hat trick and his few assists aswelll overall performance was quite brilliant and he was a constant threat to Boro.
He stood out the most for me anyway.

Freddie :shock:

Well, if you associate a man of the match award with "good effort in terms of running", you can give it to Freddie. That´s about it though.

Sorry but that's just bollocks.

I've just watched the match again and Freddie was beating players left and right, putting in dangerous crosses and was a contant threat with his running. A very very good performance.

He just couldn't score, that's all.

Sammer

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Sammer said:
OneProudGooner said:
Ljungberg, Reyes and Henry all stood out for me the back 2
seemed comfortable despite being inexperienced but Boro rarely threatened upfront and in the middle of the park there was there was no need to win any battle in there as Boro were that poor.
I'll have to give it to Freddie despite Reyes' assists and Henry's hat trick and his few assists aswelll overall performance was quite brilliant and he was a constant threat to Boro.
He stood out the most for me anyway.

Freddie :shock:

Well, if you associate a man of the match award with "good effort in terms of running", you can give it to Freddie. That´s about it though.

Sorry but that's just bollocks.

I've just watched the match again and Freddie was beating players left and right, putting in dangerous crosses and was a contant threat with his running. A very very good performance.

He just couldn't score, that's all.

So you are giving it to Freddie then, Gurgen ?

BannedKwame

Simply because I give him some undeserved shtick, and because Henry has already won the poll, I'm voting for Reyes.
Very, very decisive play from the spaniard. He needs to keep it up, else he shall feel my wrath.

patrick42uk

Established Member
reyes. there seems to be this classifcation of posters into reyes haters and reyes lovers which i completely disagree with, from my point of view anyway. there are those who dont turn a blind eye to his bad performances and those who do. he played very well today in the second forward role which most agree is his best position. two questions arise, will he get to keep his place there? and can he maintain this form?

BannedKwame

patrick42uk said:
reyes. there seems to be this classifcation of posters into reyes haters and reyes lovers which i completely disagree with, from my point of view anyway. there are those who dont turn a blind eye to his bad performances and those who do. he played very well today in the second forward role which most agree is his best position. two questions arise, will he get to keep his place there? and can he maintain this form?
To maintain his place and not score but assist the wide players have to continue scoring, and Henry must score more than any one striker should. I think we we should play 2 upfront, starting Reyes from the wings with direction to drift inside. Pires will never score 20 again, and Henry is not going to score 40, and I don't think Wenger is willing to play a 4-3-3. If however Reyes starts to score, and into the double figures, say over 15-20 total, it will be hard to displace him from the shadow striker role.

Speaking of classification, I wouldn't worry too much about which category some idiot sticks you, insofar as hating Reyes or loving Reyes. All players ought to get chastised for repeatedly performing badly, especially when highly talented and expensive as Reyes. Still, he played very well so let the bloke have his day in the sun.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
i prefer reyes to play as a forward rather than a winger. his assists tell it all.

Tegh

Established Member
Both Henry and Reyes were awesome, but some of the passes Reyes made were sublime. That's why I'm giving it to Reyes, because of the number of assists he made. No disrespect to Henry because he was magical last night, and he appreciated Reyes's passing, with the pointing thing.

Both of them were excellent.

IBL

Established Member
I'll go for Henry because thats one of his best performances since becoming captain of our great club. His body language was correct from the off and put in a faultless display.

Reyes a close second, great Bergkamp-esque through balls for Henry, although special mention to Senderos, Pires and Cesc for strong showings.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Senderos is very promising these days isn't he * i know there's someone who'll say "distin! distin!" *

A

Anonymous

Reyes for the killer balls?

Henry for the Hat-trick and record ?

Cold light of day, it has to be Henry.

But in reality, the whole team deserve MOTM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom