• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Newcastle | 18/11/06

Jkreffer

Established Member
Arsenal v Newcastle
Henry Dyer

This last week summed up our current problems perfectly. Not being able to break down the smaller sides in the league. Today was another frustrating affair.

I thought that Gallas had a good game again and Van Persie looked pretty decent before he went off with an injury. Hleb looked dangerous and had other players got in better positions around him he may well have torn the Geordies apart on another day.

However, I am going to give my MOTM to Henry. Looked alot more with it today and scored a great goal. Literally dragged us back into what was looking like another Man City match.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
if it's based on result, i'll give it to henry.

but overall, it's hleb for me hands down.

henry79

MOTM has to be Hleb, he was in attack defence and was also creating for us what more can you ask for he even tried a few shots today but they were blocked.

Buhry

Established Member

Hleb for me. He's a joy to watch, and such a creative force. His skill on the ball is out of this world. Not to mention how incredibly fast he turns on the ball..

I thought Van Persie looked dangerous, and Cesc played wll in the second half.
Kolo and gallas also played well.

koivu

It has got to be Hleb. Created numerous chances for his teammates from both wings and also had a couple of cracks of his own.

Viper

Established Member
Hleb was brilliant. He has a massive influence in our attacking play.

He is showing exactly why Wenger signed him.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Helb had a few runs down on both flanks and did some very good deliveries into the box. He showed that he can play anywhere in opponent's final third. Good to see him no longer limiting himself to play in the middle.

kel varnsen

Established Member
hleb, by, as lukazan said, a landslide. the belarusian was down right brilliant in the second half and was basically the mastermind behind every chance we created. just a shame that rosicky wasn't there to help him out a bit.

Rohit

Established Member
Hleb.

If this 4-5-1 nonsense is to continue and if there is this concept of a free role it has to be Hleb.I have said this before but he is our most creative player.He props up anywhere,his movement,touch,passing with both feet,awareness,balance,etc is just brilliant.The most underrated player in the Premiership.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
hleb. our dribbling king. look at how he turn defenders upside down give me joys

stiiphunn

Established Member
Yup, has to be hleb!

Amazing player- even if he drives me crazy, because he makes it look so easy.. when it's not! I'm jealous

Mr Wolf

In my opinion: Henry. Without him we would have lost. Hleb played well, nothing to say about this, but he isn't and will never be a decisive player. When he is considered the MOTM that means that we played a very poor football. He has been adapted to play on the wing but he hasn't neither the technique nor the peace of a winger. He could play for clubs like Manchester City or Everton, we Arsenal need something more in that role, where ManUre and Chelsky have the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Wright Philips.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Mr Wolf said:
In my opinion: Henry. Without him we would have lost. Hleb played well, nothing to say about this, but he isn't and will never be a decisive player. When he is considered the MOTM that means that we played a very poor football. He has been adapted to play on the wing but he hasn't neither the technique nor the peace of a winger. He could play for clubs like Manchester City or Everton, we Arsenal need something more in that role, where ManUre and Chelsky have the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Wright Philips.

joke of the month!

thank you.. we really need that after the depressing result against the toons :lol:

Mr Wolf

I know my opinion may appear provocative, as Hleb surely play a good game yesterday, and he was one of our best players. Absolutely, I didn't mean to blame him for the draw. What I want to point out is that, even if Hleb played well, we didn't beat an average team like Newcastle. That means that is not decisive as you think! I expect something more from an Arsenal winger. We played a very poor football in the first time, and the situation changed only when Thierry came in, whilst Cristiano Ronaldo is able to create three or four occasions even when the squad doesn't assist him. That said, nothing against Hleb, but (in my opinion) in that role we need someone able not only to dribble and to create the superiority in numbers, but also to shoot to the goal and/or to serve good balls to the forwards.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
yeah i agree with you there on hleb needs to shoot more but to say he should play for manchester city or everton?

ROFLMFAO

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom