• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Newcastle | 18/11/06

Lukazan

Established Member
Hleb not decisive?

You are on the wind-up, surely. Hleb has won us many games this season because he quite literally is (most of the time) the biggest part of everything good we do.

Mr Wolf

[Bojed wrote: yeah i agree with you there on hleb needs to shoot more but to say he should play for manchester city or everton?]
Sorry Bojed, evidently I didn't explain myself well. I didn't mean that he should play in Man. City or Everton: what I wanted to say is that, if he played in some average middle table team, one could be satisfied with a performance like that he did yesterday, but one Arsenal winger is expected not only to run and to dribble the opponents but also to shoot in the goal and to score goals to help the squad when the forwards go into hiding. This is what I mean for a player to be decisive: Cristiano Ronaldo is decisive, Hleb not or not yet. I would see him well in the midfield, running and protecting Fabregas, with a real winger like Wright Philips or Pennant on the right wing.....

Rohit

Established Member
Mr Wolf said:
[Bojed wrote: yeah i agree with you there on hleb needs to shoot more but to say he should play for manchester city or everton?]
Sorry Bojed, evidently I didn't explain myself well. I didn't mean that he should play in Man. City or Everton: what I wanted to say is that, if he played in some average middle table team, one could be satisfied with a performance like that he did yesterday, but one Arsenal winger is expected not only to run and to dribble the opponents but also to shoot in the goal and to score goals to help the squad when the forwards go into hiding. This is what I mean for a player to be decisive: Cristiano Ronaldo is decisive, Hleb not or not yet. I would see him well in the midfield, running and protecting Fabregas, with a real winger like Wright Philips or Pennant on the right wing.....

Who in our team is decisive then,at the moment ?

Rahul

Mr Wolf said:
In my opinion: Henry. Without him we would have lost. Hleb played well, nothing to say about this, but he isn't and will never be a decisive player. When he is considered the MOTM that means that we played a very poor football. He has been adapted to play on the wing but he hasn't neither the technique nor the peace of a winger. He could play for clubs like Manchester City or Everton, we Arsenal need something more in that role, where ManUre and Chelsky have the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Wright Philips.

I think you are still in a state of shock mate after yesterday's result.

Hleb not decisice......lol the best player this season so far for us an integral part of our cl run last year and and he should be playing for city or everton........

All i can do is :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

phil15

Not a very difficult choice is it, Hleb's our only midfielder with any balls in a dickless midfield at the moment

and mr wolf, well.. are you the kid that cried wolf, or are you just a mong in need of assistance.

Wenger14

Established Member
Hleb for me too. Brilliant perfomance going by what I've seen on Football First's Match Choice.

mad jens

actually mr wolf made some sense there.

It's true that hleb's dribbling is brilliant but we need someone who can run at the defense with his pace and make a chance from nothing single handedly. Like in the Reading vs Manure match when manure was 1 nil down, ronaldo took the ball and cut in and shot and scored.

Lukazan

Established Member
All this talk of 'needing' someone else. :lol: Absolutely bizarre.

Take Hleb out of our team and take away 80% of our chances. No joke.

Hleb is doing just fine as he is.

kel varnsen

Established Member
mad jens said:

It's true that hleb's dribbling is brilliant but we need someone who can run at the defense with his pace and make a chance from nothing single handedly. Like in the Reading vs Manure match when manure was 1 nil down, ronaldo took the ball and cut in and shot and scored.

you mean like hleb did yesterday when he ran down the left wing and crossed the ball into the box where ade's 'deflection' went about a yard wide?

liridon

bojed said:
Mr Wolf said:
In my opinion: Henry. Without him we would have lost. Hleb played well, nothing to say about this, but he isn't and will never be a decisive player. When he is considered the MOTM that means that we played a very poor football. He has been adapted to play on the wing but he hasn't neither the technique nor the peace of a winger. He could play for clubs like Manchester City or Everton, we Arsenal need something more in that role, where ManUre and Chelsky have the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Wright Philips.

joke of the month!

thank you.. we really need that after the depressing result against the toons :lol:

definetely this was a great JOKE .... we cant compare philips and hleb...
but never mind you will learn from the mistakes you do

kwg

for newcastle from what i saw scott parker had a really good game. was very good defensivly and got in the way of a few shots (bastard)
for us either henry or hleb. hleb was nothing from the ordinary quick and precise and henry looked back to the ordinary what is a good thing for us at the moment.
didnt realise until this morning that henry has scored 11 goals this season!!!

mad jens

kwg said:
for newcastle from what i saw scott parker had a really good game. was very good defensivly and got in the way of a few shots (bastard)
for us either henry or hleb. hleb was nothing from the ordinary quick and precise and henry looked back to the ordinary what is a good thing for us at the moment.
didnt realise until this morning that henry has scored 11 goals this season!!!

that's why he''s our best player. Even though he hasn't found his form, he's still knocking them in.

patrick42uk

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
mad jens said:

you mean like hleb did yesterday when he ran down the left wing and crossed the ball into the box where ade's 'deflection' went about a yard wide?

i saw that moment when hleb took his man on the outside and cut it back.

lets be honest though, for a guy which such a high dribble accuracy rate, he doesnt do that often enough. its always dribble inside and pass inside into an area which is already congested. i keep saying this but this guy should be much more penetrative with his dribbling. his dribbling sets him apart from rosicky and cesc and we need to see more of it in the right areas.

Gurgen

Established Member
Believe it or not, players do what they're told. Hleb doesn't dribble because Wenger tells him not to.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom