• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Chelsea vs Arsenal | 10/12/06

Jkreffer

Established Member
Chelsea 1-1 Arsenal
Flamini

Looking back at it, what a result and what a performance. Chelsea were at home with their full strength side and we pushed them all the way. It needed an unbelievable goal to stop us going home with all three points.

Van Persie and Hlebs close control made them menacing throughout, and Fabregas kept everything ticking over nicely. I thought Adebayor was superb again, especially in the second half.

Gilberto wins this award for me today as I thought he was exceptional. When has this guy ever had a bad game with the armband on? Did his defnesive job almost flawlessly and did everything else you could have asked. From a non - Arsenal point of view I thought Essien was absolutely brilliant yesterday aswell.

go49oner

Established Member
For us its was Gilberto by country miles.

For Chelsea it had to be Essien.

But i still cant decided who was worse Sendros or Ballack

Ginger_Reyes

We were lucky to get a draw there jkjeffer. Still the lads done good and Gilberto should be captain full-time. Gilbert MOTM for me.

3Z

Gille all the way.... a true example of a captain leading by example yesterday... he was everywhere and has stopped giving the ball away so often. Fast becoming a true arsenal legend!

IBL

Established Member
Gilberto, played as a captain should and protected the back 4 extremely well

Lord Dula

Established Member
That's easier than Jodie Marsh after a glass of red wine - Gilberto (for us not the match). Anyone who says otherwise is either stupid or just going against the grain for attention.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Has to be Gilberto. Ade had a great match as well.. He really is improving a lot.
RvP should be played in the center. He could be awesome there.
Ade and RvP could form a great partnership IMO.

number_0

Established Member
yeah Gilberto was exceptional......as usual
i also thought hleb was really good, nearly owned A.cole in every attack if it wasnt for the introduction of robben

KY

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
That's easier than Jodie Marsh after a glass of red wine - Gilberto (for us not the match). Anyone who says otherwise is either stupid or just going against the grain for attention.

SENDEROS. Do i qualify for attention grabbing? :D But agreed. gilberto.

IBL

Established Member
go49oner said:
For us its was Gilberto by country miles.

For Chelsea it had to be Essien.

But i still cant decided who was worse Sendros or Ballack
Good God, was Ballack even playing yesterday? I honestly can't remember a thing from him. Sheva was pretty poor too, tried but just couldnt get anywhere. Senderos our weakest player by miles

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
gilberto overall. i flamini deserves mentioning too. saved us last min

Viper

Established Member
I thought Gilberto was definitely the best player on the pitch.

Although Essien scored a wonder-strike, was he really better than Gilberto? Nope.

Gilberto was everywhere, stopping Lampard, Ballack and Essien. He put in countless of superb tackles and superb interceptions. He is also a great captain, leading by example and encouraging his team-mates.

Lukazan

Established Member
Gilberto was a monster and without him, we could have lost by 6-7 yesterday.

Hleb was our second best player.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom