• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Chelsea vs Arsenal | 20/04/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Senderos

• Toure

• Cole

• Lauren

• Vieira

• Gilberto

• Pires

• Reyes

• Fabregas

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Chelsea 0 - Arsenal 0

A fair result if I am honest, we both had our share of possession, goal opportunities and chances of conceding goals. I am proud of the way our lads played and how much determination they showed.

We started off really well, a great chance for Bobby bounced off the cross bar if only that had gone in :(.

My MOTM: Tough one Vieira was solid again as was Bobby who posed a great threat to their goal in the absense of Thierry. Reyes worked so hard, i feel sorry for him sometimes. He trys so hard and still doesn't score.

tg :)

arnoldi

Pires . He rose to the occassion . he has just pipped Senderos Vieira and Reyes to my MOTM award

yao

Besides attacking, Peris also checked back today, depossessed Germini once and saved at goalmouth (the Duff shot). So it's Peris.

Gurgen

Established Member
I'll give it to Toure. One of his best performances this season. Won a lot of aerial challenges, blocked shots, got tackles in.

mood

Hard decision between Toure, Senderos, Vieira and Pires.

I'll give it to Patrick though. THE CAPTAIN IS BACK. What a tackle that was on Lampard. Consistent passing throughout the game and helped alot offensively as well as defensively. Leader in the centre.

Lord Dula

Established Member
I thought pires, Sendo, Lauren, Vieira and Cole played well

However i thought Gilberto was superb. He is so composed in the centre, rarely gives the ball away, and his positional sense is impressive.

He also pulled off one hell of a turn in the centre of the park. Fat Lamps didnt have any impact on the game.

KoLo28

yao said:
Besides attacking, Peris also checked back today, depossessed Germini once and saved at goalmouth (the Duff shot). So it's Peris.

His name is Pires and Geremi didnt play.. maybe you're thinking of makalele.

For me i can't split vieira and pires

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Im choosing Bobby Pires. He was our only creative player and probably should've scored scored. Im convinced on any other day, he would've put both of them through.

Patrick Vieira was also fantastic. Let's hope he can remain consistant for the rest of the season, and especially against Sp**s on Tuesday morning.

sabret00the

Established Member
While Paddy and Gilberto had their four man midfield in their pocket (as most people didn't seem to realise that Chelsea actually played 4-4-2) Super Bobby Pires was the man that took advantage of the team hard work, made up for the waste of space (on the day) wearing the number ten shirt and tried to create chances and link up with Reyes, as i said before the match, this game was gonna be won by goal threat, we were unable to provide one outside of Pires on the day but i have no doubt in my mind that if we had a few changes (RvP for Dennis and a more natural wideman on the right) then we would've decapitated them. Defensively we were immense, i dunno what's going on but all of a sudden we're learning how to soak up pressure, Senderos gets my second place vote, his organisational skills back there are immense, not to mention Ashley Cole who done alot of work, getting back when needed and pushing up cause them problems.

Mark

Established Member
Bobby Pires without a doubt. Looked like his old self and got involved in everything good we did.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Vieira. Again. A Colossus again. I think he showed exactly what he did miss when he missed the first league game between the two sides. Strong in the tackle, kept possession well. The midfield looks completely different now Gilberto is back.

But Senderos was fantastic too, and Toure and Pires.

Arnie

Senderos was great again, he wins it for me. Nothing between him and Pires!! A massive mention for Gilberto as well, went beyond his call of duty and even almost managed a shot!! We are definitely at our best with him.

Cole was official man of the match but i think we all know why that was! Nevertheless Ash played well but then again so did the whole team.

Zico

Established Member
chelsea can score. they put bayern and barcelona to the sword, scoring about a dozen goals against them. senderos, my man of the match, halted chelsea's scoring party. sol campbell should be nervous right now because our defense has conceded only once in 9 games and he didn't feature much in that run. honorable mention to a committed pires and an industrious vieira.

SuperBob

SuperBob gets it for me what a game lets hope he can continue this form for the rest of the season and get his place back in the France team

Lehmann, Senderos, Toure, Vieria & Gilberto were also immense.

Lukazan

Established Member
Senderos of course, personally I don't see how it could be anyone else? Drogba got the better of him ONCE all match with a flukey nut-meg..

Vieira was also pretty impressive, totally beasted Lampard all match long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom