• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Fulham vs Arsenal | 11/09/04

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cole

• Cygan

• Ljungberg

• Vieira

• Fabregas

• Henry

• Bergkamp

• Reyes

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

efurze

Come now children, play nice. As I explained in the other thread, Aussie, there should be a higher standard for articles; proofreading posts is kinda like correcting emails - what's the point? And I'm not quite sure what the point of all those bold words are there Jens, as 'vaccum' and 'Viera' are the only ones misspelled.

Aussie

Established Member
efurze said:
Come now children, play nice. As I explained in the other thread, Aussie, there should be a higher standard for articles; proofreading posts is kinda like correcting emails - what's the point? And I'm not quite sure what the point of all those bold words are there Jens, as 'vaccum' and 'Viera' are the only ones misspelled.

What should a name start with :wink:

ozgooner

i cant go past jens for my motm. i would have to say it was his best game for this season to date, from my view he was never out of position, never looked like anything was going to go wrong in his domain and most of arsenals attacking moves came from his quick release of the ball.
i hope to see more of this from jens this season :D
I will also mention freddie. He had easily his best game of the season with many attacking raids and many goal scoring opportunities. i just thought jens was the better over 90mins as freddie disappeared for small patches during the game where jens played well throughout.

efurze

Yeah, I could get behind Jens for MOTM, he was great. Easily his best game so far, I hope he keeps it up. Maybe that howler against 'Boro chastened him a bit and woke him up. I was disappointed he didn't make the team of the week. Was James really that great for Man City? I didn't see the match.

efurze

Aussie said:
Dennis Brilliant?

Yes, actually. He assisted the 3rd goal, would have assisted the 2nd had Fred put it in instead of Knight, sprung Henry for what should have been a penalty with a sublime pass, sprung Fred for what would have been a goal had Fred not got the ball caught under his feet, created the situation which led to Henry setting up Fred whose shot was saved, and drew the edge-of-the-box foul which Reyes put into the stands. In addition he was dropping deep all game to relieve the pressure on the midfield with deft touches and insightful passes.

I'd say that creating 6 out of ~9 of the team's chances qualifies as a pretty good game.

Adam

Established Member
Guns and Arses said:
A tough choice between Ljungberg and Cygan, but I'm going for Ljungberg, he was all over the pitch and worked extremely hard. Cygan was the best defender on the pitch, he made all the crucial blocks and interceptions. Special mention - Jens Lehmann.

Agree with this - Cygan was very solid (bar one miscued clearance which Andy Cole volleyed straight at Jens).

Ljungberg showed some great all round play, aswell as the cutting edge of goals seen in 01/02. I loved one bit where he dragged the ball back beautifully through a few Fulham midfielders.

They all played well really, apart from Pires who was very good rather than 'exceptional'.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
The poll is now closed, thanx to everyone that voted all 122 of you and thanx for leaving comments.

The Man of the Match for the Fulham game is.........Freddie Ljungberg
1602.jpg

Well Done Freddie

The MOTM article is now on the homepage, have a read and tell me what you think.

tg signing off :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom