• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: West Ham United vs Arsenal | 26/10/08

west ham - motm

• almunia

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • gallas

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • adebayor

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • bendtner

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • other

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

General

Established Member
Re: West Ham vs Arsenal: MotM

arsmile said:
General said:
qs said:
Gallas was pretty poor.

Had we conceded from the corner, Almunia would’ve been guilty for his reluctance to come off his line with time aplenty.

the ball was at gallas' feet...the keeper cant come for those, he should have just put it out for a throw- he dallied and then took a really bad touch, giving away the corner. It's the Cbs job to do what the keeper says in those incidences cause they have a better view of the game- al never gave any indication that he was coming for the ball- so gallas should have cleared.

it wasnt a massive incident in the game, the only problem with it was gallas' heavy touch.

You are ignoring the obvious. It is common knowledge that Almunia does tend to be sluggish of his lines at times and this was a prime example. They were both culpable at worst and it’s quite poor to see Gallas as the sole guilty party in this.

arsmile

Established Member

arsmile said:
General said:
qs said:
Gallas was pretty poor.

Had we conceded from the corner, Almunia would’ve been guilty for his reluctance to come off his line with time aplenty.

the ball was at gallas' feet...the keeper cant come for those, he should have just put it out for a throw- he dallied and then took a really bad touch, giving away the corner. It's the Cbs job to do what the keeper says in those incidences cause they have a better view of the game- al never gave any indication that he was coming for the ball- so gallas should have cleared.

it wasnt a massive incident in the game, the only problem with it was gallas' heavy touch.

General said:
You are ignoring the obvious. It is common knowledge that Almunia does tend to be sluggish of his lines at times and this was a prime example. They were both culpable at worst and it’s quite pretentious to see Gallas as the sole guilty party in this.

it's common knowledge that sweeping up is one of al's greatest skills.

now...we've got a problem here

arsmile

Established Member

General said:
Pointless. I'll leave it here.

probably for the best, to be honest the minor incident wasnt worth debating, definitely something to 'agree to disagree'

True Gooner

Established Member

Adebayor. Won us the game.

Almunia and Gallas come in a close second and third though.

duduspace

I give it to Ade because he made the difference and was involved in both goals, though Almunia comes a close second with some good saves in the first half to keep us in the match. If the Bill/Sivestre combo works this well then the Toure/Silvestre combo should work better as Toure has more pace to make up for the lumbering Silvestre (Anyone notice that Silvestre has problems with pacy strikers? he gave me some jitters during this match and against Fener) but I don't think Arsène can bench Capi.

dutchMasta

Adebayor and Al were the 2 best for me, with Gallas and Bendtner just behind. But Ade nicks it, in the little time, to make that much of an impact and completely change the game, he deserves it for me.

Mobb Starr

Cor' Blimey USArsenal and Kamikaze... Global Moderators or Hijackers?! (joke)

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Gallas deserve some mention for his peformance yesterday

I have critisim him for a few peformances but he was great yesterday actually

giuliob

Almunia kept the clean sheet, so that Ade could come on in the 67th minute and bring home the bacon....Almunia got my vote...With Gallas and Ade right behind..

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom