• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

New Keeper for the Ars!

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 29
  • Views 1,384
A

Anonymous

We are apparantly trying to sign a new keeper for £7m!!! Why??? I think Lehmann is doing a good job. Even if we are signing a keeper for reserves, why spend £7m!!!?

The keeper in question is Frey from Parma...

Sammer

Established Member
I would reckon that Lehmann will play at least until the End of 2005 - maybe 2006.

Otherwise Arsène would have signed a younger keeper right away.

No need to sign anybody now. There are enough good, younger keepers on the market.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I read that too in the paper.
It is not true we got Stuart and Graham so why another keeper.
Jens doing fine

PolishGooner

BBC also claims we want Frey. But why? Lehmann is ready good, we got Stacky and Taylor. We need strikers not goalie!

PolishGooner

Webdesignlab said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/3412241.stm

I think it's a good idea to get him now while he is cheap-ish. Lehmann is a great goalie and will be number 1 for 2 years a least. We will have a great goalie as a back up in Frey.

But we got Stack and Taylor. I dont think Frey would like to sit on the bench for two years. Taylor would definately leave us in the summer

Webdesignlab

Established Member
PolishGooner said:
Webdesignlab said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/3412241.stm

I think it's a good idea to get him now while he is cheap-ish. Lehmann is a great goalie and will be number 1 for 2 years a least. We will have a great goalie as a back up in Frey.

But we got Stack and Taylor. I dont think Frey would like to sit on the bench for two years. Taylor would definately leave us in the summer

No not on the bench, loaned back to Parma or whoever.

Sammer

Established Member
Can´t see it happening. We have other issues to worry about - e.g. new striker, as Polish Gooner said.

What happens if Henry ever gets injured? I would rather see Etoo, Reyes etc. ending up here soon, than signing another keeper for 7Mill+ which will only cut our shopping budget...

GOONERITTI

Lehman is doing well at the moment but he will be 34 next season and no one can guarantee that he will keep his good form??

Frey is one of the best goalkeepers in the world and he is 9 years younger than Lehman and he was Inter Milan first choice goalkeeper when he was only 19 years old!!!!! If we can get him for £5m its will be a magnificent deal in my opinion.

Stack and Taylor are not good enough to be Arsenal first choice goalie.

n_henry

I'm not loving the rumours...but I guess Wenger's thinking ahead. We have bigger problems in attack right now...but I suppose if we could get cheap (and with Parma being in the situation they're in), it'd be a good buy.

lewdikris

Established Member
Seems veeery unlikely - unless we bought him and loaned him back to Parma for a couple of seasons. Which is not really a sensible way of spending 7 million quid in our financial situation. No question the boy is good, but seriously, i'd doubt it.

Reminds me of Basturk in the off season who came out and said Wenger had been in contact. Had he? Had he bollocks.

thegame24

Established Member
this news has been around for a week.

frey is a very good goaly. i hope he can speak english though cause al goalies need to be able to communicate with defence.

lehmann was never gonna be long term maybe only for 2/3 seasons.

A

Anonymous

We wont sign Frey. Ihave heard that Wenger doesnt rate the guy, and if he did surely he would have signed him by now.

arsenal4life

WE DO NEED HIM

he's a HIGHLY rated shoot stoper

how about buying Shabaan to WH with 2 million pounds
and also Taylor with 3 million pounds
as we did with Wright and Maninger

so the deal will be reduced to 2 million pounds
for a very good Keeper
of course better than both Shabaan and Taylor

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger