• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Newcastle United: Bandro Tonali

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Their fans are pretty sure they are signing Haaland post-takeover.

No chance for that. He has too good people around him for that. I saw him playing for Bryne back in the day, and even I saw he was a special talent.

He is too good for Newcastle, and I say that with respect for Newcastle, but he is destined for someone like Real Madrid, Juve, Barca or perhaps a top English club. Newcastle are not there....yet.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
No chance for that. He has too good people around him for that. I saw him playing for Bryne back in the day, and even I saw he was a special talent.

He is too good for Newcastle, and I say that with respect for Newcastle, but he is destined for someone like Real Madrid, Juve, Barca or perhaps a top English club. Newcastle are not there....yet.

"Mino Raiola has entered the chat"

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Just to let you know these Saudis are 10x richer than man city and PSG owners. In few years time them and man city could be competing for everything in England if ffp don't do anything meanwhile historic football clubs like Man utd Arsenal Liverpool will be fighting for top 6.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
It's sad we are worrying and we have owner worth like 10 billion and doing f**k all. :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Will never understand the urge to sell anything and everything to Arabian Oil Barons or the Chinese - business and football clubs alike.
I think because they are the only people who able to pay and willing to enter this kind of business. You can include US rich business men too.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
My dad's team is owned by an ambitious owner, my brother's team is owned by an ambitious owner. and my team gets Stan...what did I do ffs :lol:

Happy for them though really, hope they finally win a trophy in the Premiership era...

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
My dad's team is owned by an ambitious owner, my brother's team is owned by an ambitious owner. and my team gets Stan...what did I do ffs :lol:

Happy for them though really, hope they finally win a trophy in the Premiership era...

Our owner worth like 10 billion he is currently 3rd richer owner in PL but like you said it's useless because he not inject cash like the other owners

GunnerShy

Our owner worth like 10 billion he is currently 3rd richer owner in PL but like you said it's useless because he not inject cash like the other owners
It's why it's critical that the UEFA FFP has teeth. Lest this league become the play thing of oligarchs and human rights criminals

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
It's why it's critical that the UEFA FFP has teeth. Lest this league become the play thing of oligarchs and human rights criminals

FFP is very likely to get relaxed due to the current league lockdown add to that the grace period that new owners get and I can see them spending heavily. I doubt it can go completely unchecked but they'll be able to flex their financial muscle in the coming years.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I do wonder if we’re getting to a point where every single PL team will eventually be owned by the mega rich.

If and when that happens it’ll only be a matter of time before they pivot to a super league.

Relegation would ruin their investment so in reality they’d love a model like the NBA or NFL where if your team is rubbish you’re still locked into shared revenue and a skyrocketing team value in perpetuity

GunnerShy

FFP is very likely to get relaxed due to the current league lockdown add to that the grace period that new owners get and I can see them spending heavily. I doubt it can go completely unchecked but they'll be able to flex their financial muscle in the coming years.

You are right without doubt. Regarding the FFP relaxing the rules I hope they are discerning about this and allow clubs to record a loss based on declines in revenue relative to recent years rather than just allow clubs to rack up large losses due to spending in the transfer market. Yes this would inject money into the "football economy" but would be of little benefit to the European leagues as a whole.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Newcastle 2020/21, my prediction

Dubravka
Atal Dias Lascelles Rose
Longstaff Vidal
Inaki Almiron Alan Saint
Ikone

Manager: Rafa

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

I imagine this will follow similar trends to City.

Initially their signings won't be part of much strategy. They will try to sign big names who have no idea who they are in order to prove to the rest of the world that they are making big steps e.g. Robinho.

It will crash and burn initially but after a few seasons, they'll get something going.

GunnerShy

I do wonder if we’re getting to a point where every single PL team will eventually be owned by the mega rich.

If and when that happens it’ll only be a matter of time before they pivot to a super league.

Relegation would ruin their investment so in reality they’d love a model like the NBA or NFL where if your team is rubbish you’re still locked into shared revenue and a skyrocketing team value in perpetuity

Potentially. I mean we are nearly there anyway. NU in truth was really just the transfer of a club from one Billionaire to another.

It's really just when clubs are bought out by Oligarchs or Royal Families that want to use clubs as their play thing to add status, glamour and to absolve them of their sins that it distorts the market.

It's no easy task though. Took Man City 4 years to win it but nearly 10 years to really establish themselves at the top of the English game.

It's a more crowded market now and harder to quickly buy up a squad as clubs hold out for high figures from big clubs. Whether Brexit will further complicate it going forwards who knows.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

To a certain extent that's where we are now. There's not a single team in the Premier league that would surprise me if they would make a 50m signing. Even in the lower end.

The difference at the high level is how you recruit with your money.

I think football is slowly losing something. Its romantic ways. Maybe its even lost now!

More and more people will look at football as a turn-off. Then you have yet to count in the corrupt referring. I think many young fans will turn to eSports in the near future.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

To a certain extent that's where we are now. There's not a single team in the Premier league that would surprise me if they would make a 50m signing. Even in the lower end.

The difference at the high level is how you recruit with your money.

I just think if you get to a point where say ten plus clubs are bankrolled by the extortionately wealthy the risk of relegation for one of those clubs gets bigger.

Relegation can wipe most of the value off your club instantly, teams in fixed leagues don’t have to worry about that. Dreading the day but think before long the PL could end up with 15 or so permanent franchises.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom