• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

He worked harder and was on the ball more but I had no hope that he would do anything special. Sadly for him, we won when he went off the pitch. Saka had a poor game where he looked jaded, but when it mattered, he played a significant part in both goals. I dont think it's Arteta's tactics anymore. We've just got a player who isn't as good as we hoped.
To be frank he laid a couple chances on a plate for others and made a decent opportunity for himself. Saka lost the ball plenty and couldn’t even beat his man and yet Pepe did.

Literally swings and roundabouts really but bringing that up even feels pointless now, people just don’t have time for him and I need to accept it.

I hope we move him on, for both my sanity and his own sake.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
To be frank he laid a couple chances on a plate for others and made a decent opportunity for himself. Saka lost the ball plenty and couldn’t even beat his man and yet Pepe did.

Literally swings and roundabouts really but bringing that up even feels pointless now, people just don’t have time for him and I need to accept it.

I agree with you in terms of what he did but at this stage, one of his better games is still eclipsed by on of Saka's worst!. His situation reminds me of Shevchenko at Chelsea-I just don't see him working for us. FWIW, I rarely have anything good to say about Pepe as to me, he's so poor but I am gutted we can't do anything with the guy regardless of the money spent :(

Jack badmon

I don’t know if it’s mental, physical or both. He just doesn’t look like he is going to make it. Looks great collecting the ball driving 10 yards into a cul-de-sac and then nothing. So frustrating, again not so bad if he was of a lower profile but he is a marquee signing and I expect so much more. I want him to kill it man but have to face facts it ain’t happening :(

REEVIE1995

Theres a quality player in there but his decision making is letting him down at the moment. Every single time he got the ball today out wide, he looked to cut in and shoot no matter who was making the runs around him. Doesnt take his man on enough considering the pace he has.

He could still turn into a quality player for us and he hasn't been a bad one overall but it needs to click soon considering what the youngsters are doing and how much we paid for him.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
He's a counter attacking player needs space to play. He's far too one dimensional. His combination play is shocking, every time he plays all our quality play comes from the opposite side.

Then when you compare Saka and how he combined with bellerin, it shows what a shockingly poor all round player he is.

Pop Tart

Established Member
He actually had a good game,was linking up well with auba,playing decent passes. Set up saka(think it was ) was a great cross. Had a few shots, got past players. He can be frustrating most of the times but I thought he was unlucky today. But I get people are losing hope with him.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Not giving up on him yet. He's been unlucky not to have more goals and assists. It will start coming together for him. He needs to practice his shooting more though if he's going to keep cutting inside to take the shot.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

His combination play is shocking
Fine margins really, think most people have just given up completely.

Played that nice 1-2 with Auba, played a nice ball to Nelson after coming infield that should have lead to a shot but Nelson fluffed it , created that big chance for Willock and exchanged a few passes with ESR down the wing. Don’t think his combination play is a problem at all, not today anyway. Did all of that while defending diligently as well.

Arteta is probably happier with his performance than A-M is. Definitely moved above Willian in the pecking order.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

What's the point of comparing Saka to Pepe? One is the most expensive signing in club history and the other is prob the most valuable asset the club has at the moment. Saka is earning peanuts compared to what Pepe and Willian are making.

He shouldn't have even had to play in this game if Willian and Pepe did what they needed to do against a Newcastle B squad.

I want Pepe to be successful, the only time he ever looked really dangerous was the third game in the 19/20 season at Anfield.

He played with some swagger in those early games for the club. If Pepe ever finds his confidence and touch, we would be devastating. Unfortunately it just doesn't seem like it is meant to be.

Diego Forlan, Di Maria and Kagawa couldn't fit in the premier league. All those players more talented than Pepe. Sometimes a player is just not good enough or maybe the league/system is not a good fit for their style.

Moah

He was the best forward yesterday, there is absolutely no question about it. He made less mistakes in the full 90 minutes than Saka made in his 30 minute cameo.

Him and Tierney were our only hope of creating something before extra time and Auba should have been the one to be subbed. But that is the problem Arteta would rather see his signing wander around than let Pepe play because he can't afford to be wrong regarding Auba.

The funny thing is Willian will be second choice to Saka despite him stinking up the place. That's why I believe him leaving will be the best for all parties.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐

Played that nice 1-2 with Auba, played a nice ball to Nelson after coming infield that should have lead to a shot but Nelson fluffed it , created that big chance for Willock and exchanged a few passes with ESR down the wing. Don’t think his combination play is a problem at all, not today anyway. Did all of that while defending diligently as well.

Arteta is probably happier with his performance than A-M is. Definitely moved above Willian in the pecking order.
giphy.gif

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Should try him as Lacazette’s understudy.

From what I've seen of him I doubt it would work, he's to one footed, yeah he can bamboozle a defender every now and then but 9/10 he needs to move to his left foot to shoot.

Also doubt he has the link up play, his control can be awful at times.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The funny thing is Willian will be second choice to Saka despite him stinking up the place. That's why I believe him leaving will be the best for all parties.
I don't think so anymore, Willian didn't impress at all and he will be a squad bum from now on.

Pepe had a good game yesterday, if one of those shots went he would win us the game, and on another day it will work. He improved so much (although some fans won't admit it), decision making was solid yesterday, he didn't lose the ball as often as he usually does and he went past defenders like it's nothing.

Give him 10 full games in a row and he will score 4-5 goals and get a couple of assists for sure, but it's really important that he does the basics right like he did yesterday

mpower2540

There were spurts of something from him last night. There was a particular moment where he played a couple of one twos with Smith Rowe that I was encouraged by. A couple of his crosses were excellent.

He doesn’t seem to have a player on the pitch who he has an instinctive partnership with, where if he makes a run he knows he’ll get it. I wouldn’t mind seeing a front 3 of Saka, Laca and Pepe with ESR behind. Pepe needs a fluid team around him rather than a static one. Unfortunately though I don’t think we’re gonna see it

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
He had a good game yesterday; looked dangerous dribbling and could have easily had an assist or two. Shooting was a bit off his high standards.

GunnerShy

Of all the games to slate him, this wasn't it. His all round game was decent especially in the second half. I agree that Mikel was probably happy with what he saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom