• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Sure, while I compare that, you should also compare the situation in which Pepe takes defenders on. No support, no overlapping runs from our full back, absolutely nothing. Now go and watch City players when Mahrez is on the ball, there's at least 2-3 players making a run to distract defenders or to provide an option.
Pepe created 2 good chances today with no service whatsoever, is that really such a bad game as you are making it to be?

He doesnt make enough himself. He hasnt showed anything near a 40m player nevermind double that. You have your opinion and I have mine but he has been poor. As poor as Pogba has been for United at 90m Pepe has been worse for us. Right up there with Kepa for waste of money.

GunnerShy

Ordinary tonight but laid one off that ended up with a spurned opportunity via Nketiah and put it on a plate for Holding who hit his header straight at the keeper and should have done better.

Our attack was absolute dogsht. He will struggle to perform in this system but all the guys at the front will. We take something like 100 touches per shot v Liverpool 30 odd in the last few games.

Absolutely no final ball to our forwards or in other cases no ability to get a shot off. Absolutely disgusting stuff to watch. But when you keep a clean sheet you are always on the game, that's been the fundamental difference between Arteta and Emery. Clean sheets or only conceding one goal.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He was a bit more involved today but his whole game doesn't inspire confidence. He still drifts in and out. He's meant to be an amazing dribbler but keeps losing the ball. Most obvious tonight was that he has poor technique. If he has better first time control, there were about 3 chances to launch an attack. Everything looks so accidental. I'll judge him properly after matchday 10 but I'm hoping Nelson can sort himself out. Raul virtually burnt our cash on this one.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He doesnt make enough himself. He hasnt showed anything near a 40m player nevermind double that. You have your opinion and I have mine but he has been poor. As poor as Pogba has been for United at 90m Pepe has been worse for us. Right up there with Kepa for waste of money.
Again, I'm not saying he's playing well, all I see is a guy with some amazing attributes that we are not using at all. Most of you guys expect numbers in goals and assists, I expect him to be an option in our attack, someone who offers different skillset. Like him or not, defenders will always focus on him, they are scared of skill, but we have to risk more and use that situation to offer more support to him. There has to be a midfielder who will use that situation, there has to be an attacking FB who will confuse the defence... We are doing none of that

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Again, I'm not saying he's playing well, all I see is a guy with some amazing attributes that we are not using at all. Most of you guys expect numbers in goals and assists, I expect him to be an option in our attack, someone who offers different skillset. Like him or not, defenders will always focus on him, they are scared of skill, but we have to risk more and use that situation to offer more support to him. There has to be a midfielder who will use that situation, there has to be an attacking FB who will confuse the defence... We are doing none of that

But we cant do all of that while being inferior player for player with about 5-6 teams in the league and being out battled by lower teams.

When Mane went to Liverpool at the very start of their building project he scored 13 goals and 5 assists in the league. Yes he had played in the league but he was showing good output.

He had Milner and Clyne as fullbacks. Hardly bombing forward. Had Can and Henderson middle of the park hardly creative geniuses. But he was still able to make significant differences in many matches. Not needed world class talent behind him.

Obvious now with the team they have his output is more. But he still had something in his locker that wasnt relying on the rest of his team providing him with perfect conditions.

If Pepe needs TAA and Robertson at full back, Salah on the other side and KDB in midfield to get the best of him then he isnt the player that we should have bought.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I'd like to see what @MutableEarth and @Geofranco think about this! :popcorn:

Pepe has more raw ability on the ball, but Nelson is definitely better technician than Pepe. Better first touch, better at playing combination passes and cleaner close control when dribbling. Pepe is like 4 and a half years older. Nobody knew anything about Pepe till he was in his 20s. I think Nelson still has a chance to explode and exceed whatever Pepe currently brings to the table.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Great match tonight, really involved - shame we didn’t score off some of his work.

Makes me wish he started in our prem game instead. So much of our play takes place on our left it’s no wonder whoever plays on the right just has the game pass them by.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Great match tonight, really involved - shame we didn’t score off some of his work.

Makes me wish he started in our prem game instead. So much of our play takes place on our left it’s no wonder whoever plays on the right just has the game pass them by.
Great match?

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Considering over 60% of the match took place in our half and he was our main and only threat, yeah he did well.

Looked dangerous on the break, created a couple chances - the team looks like how we normally look against Pool tbh, minus Aubameyang or Laca (late sub) to nick a goal against the run of play. He did his best, tucked his penalty away, I don’t see the problem with him individually.

Nobody has to agree with me so feel free to rage or do the usual “70 mILlioN oMg” - I am only just stating my opinion in the designated thread.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Pepe has more raw ability on the ball, but Nelson is definitely better technician than Pepe. Better first touch, better at playing combination passes and cleaner close control when dribbling. Pepe is like 4 and a half years older. Nobody knew anything about Pepe till he was in his 20s. I think Nelson still has a chance to explode and exceed whatever Pepe currently brings to the table.
Aubameyang and Lacazette both agree Pepe is the most skillful in the squad - I would take their word over anyone on this forum.

You don’t have to watch the interview but 11:14 they confirm it.

But yeah like I always say, feel free to be mad at the price tag and etc.
He’s not even starting for us so he’s pretty easy to ignore if you don’t like him, this was a minor cup game where even Salah wasn’t up to much and he’s world class.

Our football is horrible with or without Pepe.

Last edited:

Makavelii

His stats show him to be one of our best players last season. Just needs to make his ability to beat players with skilful dribbling count for something more often.

Loads of potential and I’m positive we’ll see some of that before the season is over.
Underrated player by some people on this board right now IMO.

balthazar

for some reason, he looks like an octopus when he dribbles. But really hope that Arteta can get more out of him. Maybe as a striker. He is not for tiki-taka, but rather needs to run straight at defenders where he can beat them with his skillz or make runs behind.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Aubameyang and Lacazette both agree Pepe is the most skillful in the squad - I would take their word over anyone on this forum.

He’s not even starting for us so he’s pretty easy to ignore if you don’t like him, this was a minor cup game where even Salah wasn’t up to much and he’s world class.

I completely forgot Salah was even playing in this game. Don't think I even remember seeing him touch the ball, even though he played 60 minutes

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

I already said Pepe has more raw ability on the ball than Nelson lol. It's pretty obvious to see that Pepe has raw talent to dominate a game, but he doesn't have a very high football IQ or vision. We need better midfielders, it's really that simple. Without Partey and Auoar we will continue to play **** football, which has been a thing in this club since 2015.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I wish he'd get a 5 game run. Really see whether he's progressed and what he'll offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom