• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Yeah, the really sad thing about this transfer for me aside from the £72m is that we spent it on a player who was no more refined than Nelson and who has less potential. If Nelson had just got his minutes since he came to the club he'd probably already be a better player. Kind of costly decisions in terms of squad planning and development that will take you down the Barça path :/

Good thing we got the viruses of Gazidis and then Sanllehí out of the club and can now hope.

That £72M will never again be seen. I’d sell him for less than half of that if we can get rid.

Yeah, said last winter I'd sell him now before the bloom is fully off the rose. This spring with a few positive performances I hoped we could maybe retain some of his value, but as he ages and with the market going to be ****ed for a couple years now, there really isn't much silver lining to this one, other than that above: Raúl and Gazidis are gone, and Arteta will pick the best player.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
100% one footed is not limited? And him struggling to get decent shots off in tight spaces due to lack of composure seems raw. He looks like a street baller ffs.
Before we start to play football again, it's absolutely pointless to discuss his shooting ability or anything. The team is completely incompetent to attack and there's basically nothing to work with other than some random situations made out of nothing.
He was basically the only player on the pitch today who was giving us any hope in the attack. The shot you're talking about was a joke, he was surrounded by 3 red players and there's not a single player in our squad that would even get to a chance to shoot.
I understand people are unhappy with him, but for me, we have so many issues in midfield and our build up that talking about forwards is a waste of time

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Before we start to play football again, it's absolutely pointless to discuss his shooting ability or anything. The team is completely incompetent to attack and there's basically nothing to work with other than sam random situations made out of nothing.
Yeah, that argument doesn't fly when you've seen Saka perform well in the last couple of months and does what Pepe should be doing.

On top of that, he has less experience and is 6 years younger than Pepe.
We made a mistake buying him, no need to find any more excuses.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Yeah, the really sad thing about this transfer for me aside from the £72m is that we spent it on a player who was no more refined than Nelson and who has less potential.
Wonder what else will I see on this forum :D. Nelson doesn't have 3% of Pepe's ability, but it really doesn't matter if you play Pepe or Nelson, that's the current status of our football.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Yeah, that argument doesn't fly when you've seen Saka perform well in the last couple of months and does what Pepe should be doing.

On top of that, he has less experience and is 6 years younger than Pepe.
We made a mistake buying him, no need to find any more excuses.
Saka performed today like one legged cripple, but it will take time for some of you to understand that the issue is not with Saka or Pepe

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It's not rocket science to realize Wilf is better than this donkey.

Wasnt that obvious to the people who overruled Emery and sanctioned the deal. Terrible business and a deal that will see us probably lose 40-45m. Probably would struggle to get a buyer for 30m for him.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Saka performed today like one legged cripple, but it will take time for some of you to understand that the issue is not with Saka or Pepe

Won 6 tackles compared to Pepes 2 and completed one less dribble than him. Neither had a great game but I expect an 18 year old to have some games where hes learning on the job and getting used to playing a different position. More central left than wide player.

Pepe is at his peak age. Has a bit more than a year under his belt in England. Was playing up against a youth team tonight and didnt show one single thing that would indicate he was a top player.

Show someone who has no idea about the players that match and ask them who was the best player. Pepe wouldn't have even been in the top 10. That was meant to be our talisman. Our 30 goals and assists player. The player to pin full backs back and create openings. Been nothing but a disappointment. A lay of in the FA cup final isnt compensation for the money the club have wasted.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Wasnt that obvious to the people who overruled Emery and sanctioned the deal. Terrible business and a deal that will see us probably lose 40-45m. Probably would struggle to get a buyer for 30m for him.
We won't lose anything because we will not sell him. He is here to stay, a great option to have in our attack, and as soon we change the way we play you guys are gonna eat your words. The best part, he will outperform Zaha

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member

The problem is with our buildup too, as we lack quality all round. But Pepe has been an utter disappointment, with people holding on to "him needing a year to fit in the new league" or "him needing a goal to get his confidence going". Where in reality we've signed a donkey who can't progress our play. He cuts back to pass it to midfield or tries to do something with the ball and usually falls over.

So in reality, he is one of the reasons for our overall issues, not the other way around. Let's face it, if he was a United player for 72m we'd all laugh. So we might as well now.

Donkey.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Won 6 tackles compared to Pepes 2 and completed one less dribble than him. Neither had a great game but I expect an 18 year old to have some games where hes learning on the job and getting used to playing a different position. More central left than wide player.
I'm telling you, it doesn't matter if they are 18, 25 or 30, our attack is not dysfunctional because of our forwards, it's not working because of the players we have behind

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The problem is with our buildup too, as we lack quality all round. But Pepe has been an utter disappointment, with people holding on to "him needing a year to fit in the new league" or "him needing a goal to get his confidence going".
I'm not saying he is performing well, I'm saying that the reason for that is not his lack of quality. Our forwards are doing too much defensive work, they can't make runs because the passes from the back are inaccurate all the time so it's impossible to build momentum. Pepe is a guy who runs at defenders, but if he can get going, if he can't get on the ball, his game is completely broken. He needs a bigger volume of situations where he can run at defenders, but it's simply not happening

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I'm telling you, it doesn't matter if they are 18, 25 or 30, our attack is not dysfunctional because of our forwards, it's not working because of the players we have behind

But hes a wide attacking player who when he gets the ball doesnt know what to do. You put him 1 v 1 against a defender and he hasnt a clue. His legs are moving one way, brain telling him another thing. He lacks control. Compare him with other forwards. Richarlson, Salah, Traore, Mahrez, even the new lad Torres from city. When they get the ball they look dangerous. Pepe looks lost.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I'm not saying he is performing well, I'm saying that the reason for that is not his lack of quality. Our forwards are doing too much defensive work, they can't make runs because the passes from the back are inaccurate all the time so it's impossible to build momentum. Pepe is a guy who runs at defenders, but if he can get going, if he can't get on the ball, his game is completely broken. He needs a bigger volume of situations where he can run at defenders, but it's simply not happening

I hope so mate.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
But hes a wide attacking player who when he gets the ball doesnt know what to do. You put him 1 v 1 against a defender and he hasnt a clue. His legs are moving one way, brain telling him another thing. He lacks control. Compare him with other forwards. Richarlson, Salah, Traore, Mahrez, even the new lad Torres from city. When they get the ball they look dangerous. Pepe looks lost.
Sure, while I compare that, you should also compare the situation in which Pepe takes defenders on. No support, no overlapping runs from our full back, absolutely nothing. Now go and watch City players when Mahrez is on the ball, there's at least 2-3 players making a run to distract defenders or to provide an option.
Pepe created 2 good chances today with no service whatsoever, is that really such a bad game as you are making it to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom