• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Was Silva in his last year at Monaco? Signing him as just 40M makes you wonder how much it would take to sign Mbappe. Going by this I doubt they have rejected 80-100M bids.
You can't measure like this though, Mbappe is a phenom, and probably happy to stay.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Morata has pace. Problem is he is more Welbeck and may not be as good as Giroud even when it comes to goal scoring. You don't pay ridiculous money for a player who may or may not be actually good at his most important job.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Looks like City will spend 40-60M on maybe 5/6 players. Now that's a team rebuild.

Most clubs can't do that though. Can we sign more than one 40-60M player? Do I have to even ask?

I don't know why we can't sign Keita and Lukaku though, what's that 100ish?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Looks like City will spend 40-60M on maybe 5/6 players. Now that's a team rebuild.

Most clubs can't do that though. Can we sign more than one 40-60M player? Do I have to even ask?

I reckon we could sign two 40-50m players. The Kolasinac signing is looking better and better when you see these prices floating about. We've probably saved ourself £20-30m on having to buy a left back.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It is not that Morata doesnt posses quality, but he doesnt possess the most important quality for us and that is pace, he wouldnt be much of improvement over Giroud in this 3-4-3. People can laugh as much as they want but Welbeck if he would have a season without big injury would take Morata out with ease in our 3-4-3.

Welbeck can't even oust Giroud with ease :lol:

Morata isn't exactly slow either, not sure where this comes from.

4R5Emaniac

We could definitely get 3 50m players. The price could be a bit lower compared to City since they have to overpay by 5-10m I suppose but not much. We can recoup some of the expenditure through sales as well.

BobP

Memri Fan
I've always thought Giroud and Walcott could have made a half decent pairing, similar to the way Heskey and Owen were.
As lone strikers they both have glaring weaknesses, Giroud movement and Walcott strength/ability but one's strength offsets the others weakness.

Walcott probably isn't as good as Owen was technically.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐

I'd take Kolasinac on a free rather than Mendy for +£40M every day of the week.

It's already silly season..

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐

Rumour about Martin Braithwaithe to either Köln, Hoffenheim or some english clubs (not mentioned which) are starting again. Rumours of Köln interest last year too. Decent 25-year old striker, €10M might be the price demanded by Toulouse.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People getting so worked up. Teams buy players. Some of the big feebppayers won't be that good. We will make signings

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Just to be clear I didn't say Walcott was as good as Owen, at anything, merely that playing off Giroud would probably suit him more than being either a winger or a lone striker.

4R5Emaniac

Just to be clear I didn't say Walcott was as good as Owen, at anything, merely that playing off Giroud would probably suit him more than being either a winger or a lone striker.
To be honest, I've actually thought of that myself before. Would've been an interesting experiment.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐

Mendy is not sad ('cause he is joining I'd guess). Mbappé just wants food - if my translation of 'Régale moi cet Etihad Stadium' is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould
Top Bottom