• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I think Gnabry is overrating himself. A squad player for Werder and now he is joing Bayern? He needs a intermediate step like Hoffenheim or Cologne, maybe they will loan out him?

Ribery, Costa, Gnabry on the left. They will try to sell Costa. Rudy, Süle, Gnabry - they need better players to beat Real & Co.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So United are looking at signing the following:

Lindelof, Fabinho, Peresic and Morata.

Not one world class player, they'll be spending £150m and the only one who'd be worth their fee is Fabinho.

Delighted if that's their business, delighted.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Not one world class player, they'll be spending £200m and the only one who'd be worth their fee is Fabinho.

Reminds me of when Van Gaal was in charge, signing thrash like Rojo, Blind, Darmian, Depay and Schneiderlin for a lot of money, just throwing money down the toilet.

Vibra

Established Member

Not one world class player, they'll be spending £150m and the only one who'd be worth their fee is Fabinho.

Lindelof is also very highly rated but it definitely could have gone a lot worse for us if that is truly their entire transfer window. Thank god for the transfer ban

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I think Gnabry is overrating himself. A squad player for Werder and now he is joing Bayern? He needs a intermediate step like Hoffenheim or Cologne, maybe they will loan out him?
Isn't that what we are for?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Lindelof is also very highly rated but it definitely could have gone a lot worse for us if that is truly their entire transfer window. Thank god for the transfer ban
I'd have expected the likes of Van Dijk, Veratti, Alexis and Kane to be targeted by the BIGGEST (according to themselves) club in the world, seems like they're going for top four quality rather than title winning standard players.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
Van Dijk is grossly overrated and no way worth 60M+, in fact no CB is. Alexis always seemed like a no go, Kane is impossible especially as Levy hates us, Veratti is nailed on for Barca I think.

Griezmann was the one and that may be revisited in the future but am glad we are now not scrambling around just for the sake of buying a superstar like in summer 2013 when we were desperately chasing Cesc, Bale and Kroos. Also before joining United Mourinho's biggest outlay in a player was £30M on Willian I believe.

DanJ39

Squad player for Bremen? :lol:He was a starter and there best player how he couldn't start for arsenal but iwobi can is crazy

Devil_in_Disguise

United fan in a terrible disguise
I'd have expected the likes of Van Dijk, Veratti, Alexis and Kane to be targeted by the BIGGEST (according to themselves) club in the world, seems like they're going for top four quality rather than title winning standard players.
No English club could pull off a transfer window like that. Also a club buys what the manager wants.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Why would Dembele come here? His next move is Barca (he said that he wants to play for them). Until then, Dortmund is a better situation for him than Arsenal. He's already settled and they have champions league football.

Sometimes I think too much is made of whether a club is in the Champions League for one particular season. It's sometimes a factor, but rarely the be-all-and-end-all (especially for a young player). For instance, last summer Pogba, Bailly and Mkhitaryan all left Champions League clubs to go United, which was in the Europa League. These guys are smart enough to look further into the future than one season.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Sometimes I think too much is made of whether a club is in the Champions League for one particular season. It's sometimes a factor, but rarely the be-all-and-end-all (especially for a young player). For instance, last summer Pogba, Bailly and Mkhitaryan all left Champions League clubs to go United, which was in the Europa League. These guys are smart enough to look further into the future than one season.

At the end of the day money talks mate.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
At the end of the day money talks mate.

Yep. And that's an advantage for any of the big Premier League clubs. That and the stature of clubs such as United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea. In fact, Chelsea didn't even have the Europa League this year and managed to land some pretty big players.

Rouski

Lindelof looks to be a tidy bit of business by United -- if he's close to player Bailly is, they've got their central defensive pairing sorted for easily the next 10 years, and for a decent price as well.

MU thought they this when they got Jones and Smalling

Wilshere1010

Arsenal won't pay those big wages though. There's not really much attractive about us right now, out of the UCL, don't compete for the top trophies and we don't play great football anymore either.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Squad player for Bremen? :lol:He was a starter and there best player how he couldn't start for arsenal but iwobi can is crazy

That's not true. He was a starter in the first half of the season and did very well, yes. With the time every performance was more worse. In the second half of the season he was injured & a bench player behind Bartels & Gnabry was not our best player, Kruse was it by far.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Well done to Serge! Got to take the Bayern move when offered... Pass & the hierarchy may hold it against you in the future.

Even if he doesn't break through still only will be 22-23. Definitely a risk worth taking with the huge potential upside.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There were a lot of Hoffenheim links, wonder if there's a chance he could still be loaned out?

Mad how Pulis wouldn't get him a decent chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom