• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 666,589
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sadly I'm start to feel jack will retire early he barely playing i hope he consider play somewhere in Germany to get his career back they good in doing that

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We did the right thing not offering him a new contract as a matter of fact should've cashed in the year we loaned him out to Borunemouth

Didn’t Man City offer 50M in 2015? Imagine if we’d sold him then.

Would have been incredible business.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Didn’t Man City offer 50M in 2015? Imagine if we’d sold him then.

Would have been incredible business.

Think that was summer 2011 after they got Champions League for the first time, couldn't have sold him then even with the injury to come.

Would have understood the club selling him any point from 2016 on, not before that summer though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think that was summer 2011 after they got Champions League for the first time, couldn't have sold him then even with the injury to come.

Would have understood the club selling him any point from 2016 on, not before that summer though.

Just had a look and apparently in 2015 they were ready to offer 40M but we assured Wilshere he was key in our plans.

Wrong move in hindsight.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Just had a look and apparently in 2015 they were ready to offer 40M but we assured Wilshere he was key in our plans.

Wrong move in hindsight.
That 40m could’ve got us Benzema. Honestly at that time we had more than enough resources to get Benz but Wenger for some reason didn’t go for him

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Wonder how Ramsey feels hearing the Wilshere news about him being released by a club fighting relegation, tho he might be too busy polishing his Serie A winners medal to concern himself with stuff like that.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It was incredibly hard to fit Wilshere, Ramsey and Özil into a functional team really, from that perspective I could have understood it I guess.

He was still pretty good until Gabriel did him in before the Community Shield that year, think that was the injury that really finished him.

Yeah but I mean was that injury always inevitable?

His style of play and apparently his body just weren’t up to it. As others have said the bulk of that 40M could have gone on a genuine area of need be it a defender or midfielder.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Let's not overlook the fact that Wilshere didn't exactly look after himself as well as he should've done either. I know smoking and drinking don't directly correlate with ankle injuries, but they're the type of things that really add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom