• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 663,311
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Find the blinkered support for Bale from the British press a bit weird tbh, as if it's entirely Madrid's fault for what happened. This was a British superstar who went to the biggest club in the world and effectively made no effort whatsoever to integrate and make it work. Guy lived in Spain for 7 years, SEVEN years, and doesn't speak Spanish. Sure some people have an aptitude for languages and others don't, but still.

In the press it's always "for some unknown reason Zidane just doesn't like Bale, Zidane just has an irrational hatred for Bale". Maybe Zidane took one look at Bale and saw a guy who was happy to take the club's money without making any effort to integrate into the squad and associate himself with the club.

I'm surprised Bale's given such an easy ride over here, when in fact his career has been, if not a failure, a significant disappointment compared to what it could have been.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Parallels are often drawn between Özil and Bale as two vastly overpaid players who arrived at clubs with much fanfare only for their careers to slowly fizzle out until they're burdens on the club. Özil is given immeasurably more stick in the British press than Bale is, but at least Özil associated himself with the club, made an effort to be a part of it.

I can't imagine the level of vitriol Özil would get from English journalists if he behaved the way Bale has at Madrid.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Ideal Aouar alternative and could potentially do a deal with Bellerin involved.

Hes only a year younger than Aouar and wouldn't count as non homegrown until next year.

Market value is around 30M and release clause is 100m.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Puig looks really talented, weird if Barca gives up on him already.. Club is a complete mess though

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Ideal Aouar alternative and could potentially do a deal with Bellerin involved.

Hes only a year younger than Aouar and wouldn't count as non homegrown until next year.

Market value is around 30M and release clause is 100m.

He looks shorter than Torreira...

Can't wait for us to sign him, groom him and get those Barça DNA loan offers down the road!

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
If he is really for sell, we have to try it.

Ceballos will comb his car probably, but it is worth the risk.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Would be a very nice signing for us, but Aouar
If he is really for sell, we have to try it.

Ceballos will comb his car probably, but it is worth the risk.

You would sacrifice Aouar for Puig ?
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him, but Aouar is currently a much more helpful addition that will help us improvide immediately whilst this kid will have to adapt for a very long time, especially due to his childish frame and little experience.

Gladly in a year, when we already have players like Partey and Aouar and want to do opportunistic signings to add quality

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Barca are a mess. They've lost Arthur and could be losing Puig? Are they aware that football will still exist in 3 years and They've just sold part of a bright future?! DeJong can't do it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom