• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Oleksandr Zinchenko: C’est Zinny

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think he has the quality to fit in the Xhaka/Jorgi role, which we have to fill for the long term.
During the last few years Pep has been using full backs which are actually turned center backs, and Arteta is following his trend (as always). That's why Pep felt comfortable selling Zinny to us.
Zinny at LCM is worth a shot. Then we may prioritze buying new defenders rather than midfielders.
Yeah, well last summer this is exactly what I suggested, that Zinchenko can play LCM in addition to Rice. It has just been impossible with Timber's and Partey's horrible injuries. In addition to Jorginho and White having niggles and Tomiyasu being also injured.

Zinchenko is a good rotational player (he can't start much anyway as he gets injured), as he can cover LB & LCM. It's a nice combination. With Zinchenko being an option for LCM, you would only need to buy a DMF like Luiz or Zubimendi, and a defender or two.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Life without the opposition throwing one long diagonal ball over Zinchenko head has been lovely.

People clamouring for Zinchenko should rewatch Stamford bridge 1st half before he was hooked at half time, him giving the ball carelessly to Brentford away (goal line clearance), passing the ball to Cunha careless in our defensive third, slowing our game at Villa Park since he was ball hogging, Salah's simple goal from Zinny being a bozo, etc..

ideally he should be sold in the summer.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member

Called it.
If true, we should take it and run.
I like his character & he's a good player, but not a top quality defender. He's an injury liability too. If we get an offer like that we do the deal, no question.

We have Timber & Kiwi (sometimes Tomi).

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I don't know if we should be looking to mess with the squad too much but also we'd need to see that Timber be reliable before moving Zinny on. Ideally he stays IMO, even if he becomes a utility LB/LCM versus low block opposition whenever guys like Partey/Jorgi are unavailable.

Kiwi looks to have cemented the LCB spot for now so Zinchenko as a squad option is absolutely fantastic if we're honest, how many teams have a guy this good as a squad option?

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
Yeah, well last summer this is exactly what I suggested, that Zinchenko can play LCM in addition to Rice. It has just been impossible with Timber's and Partey's horrible injuries. In addition to Jorginho and White having niggles and Tomiyasu being also injured.

Zinchenko is a good rotational player (he can't start much anyway as he gets injured), as he can cover LB & LCM. It's a nice combination. With Zinchenko being an option for LCM, you would only need to buy a DMF like Luiz or Zubimendi, and a defender or two.
what is the common thing of Xhaka, Kai, Rice playing this LCM role?
Defense.
Which Zinny is kind of lack of.

Yes, he may offer some nice passing, but he will slack off on defense also.
I don't know how much he will track back, but sure he will not offer much on pressing, tackling and duels.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don't know if we should be looking to mess with the squad too much but also we'd need to see that Timber be reliable before moving Zinny on. Ideally he stays IMO, even if he becomes a utility LB/LCM versus low block opposition whenever guys like Partey/Jorgi are unavailable.

Kiwi looks to have cemented the LCB spot for now so Zinchenko as a squad option is absolutely fantastic if we're honest, how many teams have a guy this good as a squad option?
Kiwior is not good enough for anything. Don’t be fooled by the good results. He looks so average

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
As a "defender", definitely better than Zinny.

Adding in a third proper defender next to Saliba and Gabriel has made us completely dominant defensively, don't know how anyone can seriously suggest Kiwi isn't good enough based on his last few performances. He's even getting goals and assists alongside being in the best defence in the league :lol:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

what is the common thing of Xhaka, Kai, Rice playing this LCM role?
Defense.
Which Zinny is kind of lack of.

Yes, he may offer some nice passing, but he will slack off on defense also.
I don't know how much he will track back, but sure he will not offer much on pressing, tackling and duels.
Zinchenko is a defender, who inverts. Who is an AMF for his national team. As a defender, he has enough defensive skills for the LCM position, and he has very high football IQ also. He would be a rotational option there & LB, not a starter.

Do you think Liverpool's TAA is a bad player, because he lacks a bit defensive skills for a fullback? Take a look at this. Zinchenko's defensive statistics suggest he is much better in that area than TAA. There is this weird claim that Zinchenko is bad at defending. He is okay.

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
Zinchenko is a defender, who inverts. Who is an AMF for his national team. As a defender, he has enough defensive skills for the LCM position, and he has very high football IQ also. He would be a rotational option there & LB, not a starter.

Do you think Liverpool's TAA is a bad player, because he lacks a bit defensive skills for a fullback? Take a look at this. Zinchenko's defensive statistics suggest he is much better in that area than TAA. There is this weird claim that Zinchenko is bad at defending. He is okay.

is he good in defending?
You said he is okay...

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom