• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Oleksandr Zinchenko: C’est Zinny

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Yes CB who done job at rb. White also played some games as rb. They are similar profile. I’m saying it’s much different doing it on the left with defending with your weaker foot and expected to put crosses on your weaker foot

Look at White cross for havertz winner. That’s a player crossing first time on his natural foot which is big thing for a full back.
You are missing the point here, our LB is not someone who will run forward and make crosses, which I think Timber could do well even being right footed and "out of position" because the role is all about understanding and reading the game plus physicality to execute it. If you need a crossing merchant like Tierney, then I do agree he won't fit there

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Agree, was a nice transition from Tierney at the time but he is annoying me as well lately, and it's his poor and lazy passing mostly as he never was a good defender to start with
Yeah exactly waay too casual for me, could have screwed us last night again. He tries to be clever and he aint good at it.

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
Show me an example where a guy who played CB his whole career became a full time left back. And I mean a right footed CB. Yes he can be moved to the right. But it’s much harder on the left for a right footed CB
we tried Tomi as LB a few times and it worked?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
You are missing the point here, our LB is not someone who will run forward and make crosses, which I think Timber could do well even being right footed and "out of position" because the role is all about understanding and reading the game plus physicality to execute it. If you need a crossing merchant like Tierney, then I do agree he won't fit there
People are still trying to shoe horn players into traditional roles. I don't see Timber staying on the bench when him and Ben White are fully fit. He played defensive midfield with Ajax here and there and with his physicality/athleticism then he's going to be spending a lot of time as an extra midfielder who as a bonus is a quality defender.

CannonBals

Key word few times and Tomiyasu is hardly an ideal left back
Even bigger difference is Tomiyasu is twin footed. Don't think Timber is anywhere close to that.

Although there are many right footed fullbacks who play well at LB and even regularly. Not sure how much impact it has to your argument of RCB/LB to RB/LB.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It's really funny to see people write Zinchenko off. He is rusty (like Partey and Jesus after injuries) and played it pretty safe last night.

He is a great rotation player for next season. I just hope Arsenal made a 4+1 contract like they should have, so there is no need for a renewal yet. Season after that Arsenal might have funds to replace him in the squad.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It's really funny to see people write Zinchenko off. He is rusty (like Partey and Jesus after injuries) and played it pretty safe last night.

He is a great rotation player for next season. I just hope Arsenal made a 4+1 contract like they should have, so there is no need for a renewal yet. Season after that Arsenal might have funds to replace him in the squad.
Once most players are fit, I think he will find it difficult to get a starting position. Part of the reason is high expectations from Timber, and Tommy/Kiwi doing reasonably well in that position while being superior on the defensive side to Zinchenko.

Also, Zinchenko isn't helping himself with careless passing like we've seen yesterday, rusty or not

drippin

Once most players are fit, I think he will find it difficult to get a starting position. Part of the reason is high expectations from Timber, and Tommy/Kiwi doing reasonably well in that position while being superior on the defensive side to Zinchenko.
Yeah? I said he is a great rotational player, so it doesn't matter if he has difficulties to get a starting position.

I'm sure Arteta loves to have different options in the squad for different situations and opponents. Zinchenko is a versatile & an unique player.
Also, Zinchenko isn't helping himself with careless passing like we've seen yesterday, rusty or not
That doesn't matter at all, because Arteta knows that rustiness affects player's match sharpness a lot. It's not about the overall skill level. That's why he didn't make many subs yesterday even if the bench players are good overall.

Tell.

Really annoyed me how he drifted into a RM position from LB. It wasn't like he was opening up angles or pulling Porto out of shape. I think he just likes to look at his touches made stat after the game

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
That doesn't matter at all, because Arteta knows that rustiness affects player's match sharpness a lot. It's not about the overall skill level. That's why he didn't make many subs yesterday even if the bench players are good overall.
Right, so Arteta brings him in "knowing" he is rusty when the game is being decided? I don't think Arteta was expecting it at all, 100% he wanted him to control possession and put pressure on them and the guy started to give the ball away for free

drippin

Right, so Arteta brings him in "knowing" he is rusty when the game is being decided? I don't think Arteta was expecting it at all, 100% he wanted him to control possession and put pressure on them and the guy started to give the ball away for free
Where did he give the ball for free often? He didn't. One pass to the middle was when Nketiah slipped, but otherwise would have been a great position to attack next to the box.

One time he gave that corner when pressed, should have put it out of the side, but they make those long throws to the box so it's almost the same.

Yes, a very tired Kiwior can be more risky in over-time compared to Zinchenko, even when he had a good game. Kiwior is not used to that. Zinchenko is used to big games and winning.

Zinchenko is also a better penalty-taker with his experience and technique.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Where did he give the ball for free often? He didn't. One pass to the middle was when Nketiah slipped, but otherwise would have been a great position to attack next to the box.
Man, are you serious? even Zinchenko was angry at himself for giving the ball away for free.

Just stop, it's fine

drippin

Man, are you serious? even Zinchenko was angry at himself for giving the ball away for free.

Just stop, it's fine
His passing accuracy was 89%, which means he missed 2/18 passes. One of those was that great pass in the middle space, when Nketiah slipped and didn't get to because of it.

"Kept giving the ball away", yeah right. :lol:

Another player I want to stay more than otherwise, like Xhaka when he was hated, because of silly posters like this, who try to twist facts and blame the other person for doing hit.

GIkQsQnaMAIlcn2

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Another player I want to stay more than otherwise, like Xhaka when he was hated, because of silly posters like this, who try to twist facts and blame the other person for doing hit.
Xhaka was hated for a reason until his final year with us, and then his final year was really good which made a lot of people change their minds about him.

And for your stats, he lost the ball for a corner on our side and lost it 2 times for no reason at the point we needed to control the game. Every ball lost in the final minutes means all the initiative is gone and your stats won't have any idea of that. Next time pay more attention to the game like the rest and you won't need to look for stats on the internet to prove something

drippin

Xhaka was hated for a reason until his final year with us, and then his final year was really good which made a lot of people change their minds about him.
Yep, and I backed him up in those years, because I saw what he brings to the team. Just like Havertz or Zinchenko for example.
And for your stats, he lost the ball for a corner on our side and lost it 2 times for no reason at the point we needed to control the game. Every ball lost in the final minutes means all the initiative is gone and your stats won't have any idea of that. Next time pay more attention to the game like the rest and you won't need to look for stats on the internet to prove something
And what were those 2 times you mention? I already asked you before and you made a very silly reply rather than answer.

I already mentioned the corner, and explained how if he put it out for a throw-in rather than try to keep possession (or put it out through the opponent), Porto would make a long throw to the box which is almost the same as a corner.

He made the right choice, but those are 50/50 situations.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
And what were those 2 times you mention? I already asked you before and you made a very silly reply rather than answer.
I've already answered that, not gonna bother rewatching the game to tell you the exact minute but I do remember his reaction and how angry he was at himself. So I was annoyed, he was angry at himself and here you are pretending nothing happened

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom