• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Oleksandr Zinchenko: C’est Zinny

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Biggest issue for me wasn't really the defensive lapses but the fact that he was so lax with the ball - something that should really be his strength and the main USP for him even being in the team. He did do a lot of decent progression but ultimately I don't think he does this in a way that really truly makes it count as much as we'd like. I said in the Summer that Zinchenko is a player who will likely become somewhat obsolete within 2 years of him being here and it seems that's coming to pass. I do still think he's a good player but one that's becoming harder to accommodate as the team gets stronger and the tests get harder.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
His defensive limitations will ultimately be too costly for us to play him with any regularity.

A versatile defender would be a lot better for our defensive unit. Having Kiwi play there proved we don't necessarily need a Zinny there.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
His defensive limitations will ultimately be too costly for us to play him with any regularity.

A versatile defender would be a lot better for our defensive unit. Having Kiwi play there proved we don't necessarily need a Zinny there.
I think Timber is the one who will ultimately usurp him further, despite his injury and not actually being a true-blue left back. Could see Hato also come in, despite his contract being signed. Surprised we haven't been linked with Patrick Dorgu but he's quite attacking. Either way, I think Zinchenko will leave within the next year or so.

BBF

You can see why he isn't trusted to play in midfield each passing game. The technique is good enough, but the mental side of the game is really poor considering his reputation.

Echoing the same thought as previous posters. Hopefully Timber comes in and does a job or LB should be a priority in the summer.

Fabregasm

You can see why he isn't trusted to play in midfield each passing game. The technique is good enough, but the mental side of the game is really poor considering his reputation.

Echoing the same thought as previous posters. Hopefully Timber comes in and does a job or LB should be a priority in the summer.

Why is it a priority? There's Kiwior, Tomiyasu aside from Timber that can play there as well.

fute

Why is it a priority? There's Kiwior, Tomiyasu aside from Timber that can play there as well.

On paper, maybe not.

However, Kiwior has shown to be a great squad player and contributor, but can run into issues defensively at times.

Timber is injured. Apparently progressing, but still a question mark in terms of recovery and if he'll be the same.

Tomiyasu's ability is not the question, but his durability isn't good.

Then we have Zinny's issues defensively.

In terms of fitness, quality of play, durability, and availability, Kiwior is at the top at the moment.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
View attachment 22922

This our Bellerin replacement @Mitch? Or is he blonde enough to avoid your hatred?

Discuss.

Ouch comparing Zinny to Bellerin is a very harsh and OTT reaction.

Zinny was brilliant the first 3 quarters of last season however he dropped off massively in the final quarter of last season and was very poor. Zinny unfortunately carried that form into this season but having the odd good game here and there.

I do believe Timber comes back and makes the LB position his own.

Last edited:

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Our fanbase are utter c***s tbh.

Zinchenko was arguably our player of the season for the first half of last season. Being made out to be some sort of poverty case now when the main reasons we ****ed up last season were Ramsdale + Saliba and Tomiyasu’s injuries

He’s not the best defensively (obviously) but he brings so much from an attacking standpoint. There are games where you need his quality and other games where different qualities are needed from our left back

Sometimes I think this fanbase genuinely doesn’t deserve nice things for the way we treat players.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Zinchenko was arguably our player of the season for the first half of last season. Being made out to be some sort of poverty case now when the main reasons we ****ed up last season were Ramsdale + Saliba and Tomiyasu’s injuries

He’s not the best defensively (obviously) but he brings so much from an attacking standpoint. There are games where you need his quality and other games where different qualities are needed from our left back

Sometimes I think this fanbase genuinely doesn’t deserve nice things for the way we treat players.
Yep, and naturally they judge him after coming back from a long injury, like it doesn't affect sharpness at all.

BodyOderggard

Player:Ødegaard

Doesn’t help that he’s a doss ****. He says a lot of dumb **** that could be distracting to the rest of the squad. Ukraine needs to call him up or we should sell the manlet to Chavs.

Black Noir

His style got found out when teams clocked Zinchenko , you can target him, you can’t trust him in the run ffs, we just got the only , game he should play out the way. When we came back from Dubai it’s been White inverting. Having Timber as well and White on the sides , players who can actually defend, on the same pitch being able to invert or overlap simultaneously is gonna to work better…zinchenko shouldn’t be at this club next season , get rid while he has value, he isn’t ready to improve , he’s just getting worse. But Jaysus is a very good backup role RW, third choice CF.

fute

If Zinny defended on the pitch the way you are defending him right now, the fans would be all for it, blonde hair and all.

Reactions: BBF

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom