• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: Au Revoir Cher Ami

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

Yup. Anyway, I think we all hope we get someone else in as well for next year. An upgrade is always welcome, and with Welbeck out for a long time we basically have no choice but to get another CF.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
:lol: Mind boggling to be honest.
What's mind-boggling is a poster like you, who I thought was bit more serious than some of these, resorting to being disingenuous on this subject. Of course Giroud would have missed chances in that 19 0r 20 game drought. How many, nobody seems to know! Or are they hiding from the truth?

That he can't make many goals for himself is a problem that didn;t help him in that drought, and why I personally would like him gone. But lets not pretend he missed an insane amount of chances, or chances were aplenty for him, because that's horseshit, and I think you know it too.

Last edited:

Our main creator broke record in chance creation while Giroud was not scoring. He was missing chances left and right. Even his headers werent going in.

Trying to put the blame on Özil because of Giroud goal drought is a new low.

Sykes

Apparently Vardy is worried he won't be first choice over Giroud...if that's true, then screw Vardy.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Our main creator broke record in chance creation while Giroud was not scoring. He was missing chances left and right. Even his headers werent going in.

Who's blaming Özil ffs? :rolleyes:

And if you can't see how useless that stat is, when trying to find out if strikers have performed, then I can't help you. You're either blind, or you're seeing what you want to see because of an agenda.

General

Established Member
That has quite literally been said on here. Whether it was said completely honestly/seriously may be another question, but it has been said. This is the kind of stuff that provokes people to defend Giroud even when we can all see his faults and limitations.
I have not read anywhere that all our problems are down to him. I think the argument works both ways and some of you are underplaying the detrimental effect he has on the team. The negatives far outweigh the positives as far as Giroud is concerned.

TheIceman85

Ahh sorry I must have missed all those posts where people were saying "Giroud is a world class finisher but Özil just doesn't create enough for him."

Or, was there any at all?

I have not read anywhere that all our problems are down to him. I think the argument works both ways and some of you are underplaying the detrimental effect he has on the team. The negatives far outweigh the positives as far as Giroud is concerned.

So maybe Wenger should sign a new ST? Isn't that what we all agree on here? It's the "let's chase Giroud out of the Emirates as a mob with burning pitchforks" attitude that some people take issue with.

Anyway we have amc with most assist and most chances created. And then we have a donkey that cant score for 20 games, and doesnt even come close to top scorers in the league.

Any sensible person who isnt on the wind up knows what needs to be done.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
^^Not a chance per se but he might have made more of that

@MaraDon was right, he really could have scored 30.
Well yes, he misses chances, as I said. He might have even missed easier ones than some of those, because some of those were pretty difficult, and keepers also made some good saves...

EDIT: Hang on, was that all of them?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
EDIT: Hang on, was that all of them?
Yeah, only the chances where it's reasonable to think he could do better. Going through the matches in that period he didn't really miss that many sitters, I think his general play was the cause of a lot of frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom