• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud (Out) | Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rouski

Nothing he says there is wrong though. This all happened.

Say yes has always been objective in his criticism about Giroud and that can be seen in Giroud thread.

Do you mean the post "Laca in. Donkey out." I can see consistency and negativity, this is not objective it is overly critical.

Last edited:

Do you mean the post "Laca in. Donkey out." I can see consistency and negativity, this is not balanced it is overly critical.

Well maybe not always but if you read him you know his criticism about Giroud well and he has put a lot a lot of time in explaining why he doesn't rate the player to lead the line for us.

About the post everyone is crying about. Nothing there is wrong, this all happened and I think it is perfectly okay to question his professionalism and mentality during his time here.

Rouski

Well maybe not always but if you read him you know his criticism about Giroud well and he has put a lot a lot of time in explaining why he doesn't rate the player to lead the line for us.

About the post everyone is crying about. Nothing there is wrong, this all happened and I think it is perfectly okay to question his professionalism and mentality during his time here.

Being condescending doesn't help either, nobody is crying about the post. If you look hard enough you can find enough negative points on Messi, Ronaldo or any player to write negative points on them. It doesn't mean it is justified. The truth is a lot of clubs have paid a lot more money for players that have been less successful then Giroud and they haven't received half as much criticism as Giroud has. I'm not saying Giroud's flawless but that does not mean he deserves to be vilified.

carlito'sway

Established Member

Come on.....The post was absolute rubbish. One can criticize a player but his comments were totally misguided, hateful and out of the realm of reality. It will hard to convince most Arsenal fans that Giroud didn't give it all on the pitch for Arsenal.

Last edited:

Come on.....The post was absolute rubbish. One can criticize a player but his comments were totally misguided, hateful and out of the realm of reality. It will hard to convince most Arsenal fans that Giroud didn't give it all on the pitch for Arsenal.

I have to disagree with you on this one... Everything was true, from Giroud being lazy to him cuping his ear against Aston Villa.

Rouski

I have to disagree with you on this one... Everything was true, from Giroud being lazy to him cuping his ear against Aston Villa.

It's not, it's misleading and not an objective view on the player.
This is true:
"He's the laziest forward in our squad"
Giroud makes up 10k per 90 mins, on par with all other players
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...al-players-how-do-they-rank-by-work-rate.html
" has a tendency to pick up stupid bookings/reds"
He is not getting suspended every other game, in the league Giroud has got 4 yellow cards in total in the past two seasons and no red cards. It is only the champions league you are looking at.
"continually bottles big moments."
He scored against Chelsea, Sp**s, Man U, Man City, Liverpool, PSG, Bayern Munich, Monaco, Borussia Dortmund, Napoli, the fa cup final
If he was cheating im not going to defend that but it is his personal life.
So what, he cupped his ears, he scored a hat trick, was that not because of all the stupid abuse he was getting.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I have to say that he has improved a lot since he arrived. He does what he can. Yes he is not the best but it is not his fault that Arsène chose him to lead the team for 5 years. He goes out and does his best.

But at the same time I have to recognize he is not enough for the team and the gameplay cuz we don't play like France. But I think he is an excellent squad player and can score a lot from the bench and still uses his strength and aerial game.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Giroud haters are clueless. Most of the hate and abuse come from the jealous insecure ones over here so no surprise.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

It's not, it's misleading and not an objective view on the player.
This is true:
"He's the laziest forward in our squad"
Giroud makes up 10k per 90 mins, on par with all other players
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...al-players-how-do-they-rank-by-work-rate.html
" has a tendency to pick up stupid bookings/reds"
He is not getting suspended every other game, in the league Giroud has got 4 yellow cards in total in the past two seasons and no red cards. It is only the champions league you are looking at.
"continually bottles big moments."
He scored against Chelsea, Sp**s, Man U, Man City, Liverpool, PSG, Bayern Munich, Monaco, Borussia Dortmund, Napoli, the fa cup final
If he was cheating im not going to defend that but it is his personal life.
So what, he cupped his ears, he scored a hat trick, was that not because of all the stupid abuse he was getting.
Idk about stupid abuse. If your striker goes missing post Liverpool away in the midst of a title race, fans will be disappointed. Celebrating like that when its all over is seriously stupid behavior, you're out of touch with the supporters if you do that. Let's just hope it was because of the Sp**s collapse that was going on. But I doubt it.

Reactions: BBF

Mudi

If you get >£20m for a 31 year old striker who is your B plan and unless you're City, PSG, Real (who have unlimited resources), you should sell without hesitation ...

Rouski

All this talk about workrates but this guy averages 32 games a season and can only average 13 league goals despite playing in front of one of the best playmakers in the world. Absolute poverty stuff.

Yes, I think Giroud could do a job. It's not like we're playing Chelsea, Sp**s, Liverpool etc every week. Giroud is capable to score against the lesser teams like he's been doing over the years.

Also, who was comparing him to those Man Utd strikers, I just said he's a useful option to have off the bench like those strikers I mentioned at the time were aswell.

As much as people can hate on Giroud, look at his goal over his best 5 year period:

DCjmzKAXYAEGwyo

His minutes per game ratio last season was awesome too:

image.jpg

Giroud wouldn't make the bench at Chelsea :lol: Who's the better striker Giroud or Batshit at Chelsea? Giroud came on in the cup final and straight away gave a brilliant assist to Ramsey for the winner. Also, Vincent Janssen or Giroud? :lol:

The hate Giroud gets is unreal, loads of sour fans. If we get Mbappe or Lacazette, why get rid of Giroud when he'd be our second best striker.

Top post!

blaise

Nice move for him to Everton if we sell, but he could cause us a problem or two when playing them there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom