• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olympiakos(h) ratings

dave_rwr

Established Member
Szczesny - 7 - don't think he can really be faulted for anything.

Sagna - 5 - Weakest performance in a while. There were a number of times when he didn't make the forward pass and turned to pass it back to the keeper but was overtaken by their winger leading in a counter with little cover at the back. Too risky.

Mertesacker - 7 - solid and some key clearances in the second hand. Seems like if the ball is on the other side of the box, his big ol' leg can reach it.

Song - 8.5 - MOTM, solid performance. Seems to be in good form and here's hoping it keeps up.

Santos - 7.5 - Strong performance. Gets pulled a little too far to the right sometimes in defense, but I like have a fullback with some size on the left. There was one moment where he muscled his man off the ball in our left corner and cleared and I remember thinking that's something we haven't seen on the left in a while.

Frimpong - 5 - Still so green. His performances recently have shown us just how good Song is. Both players are decent defensively for the most part, but Song's ability to pass and retain possession puts him ahead of Pong at the moment.

Rosicky - 5 - Can do one thing well: make a good turn. There were a number of times especially in the second half when he would make a brilliant turn to lose his marker and start a counter, but then he'd just lose the ball after. Not good enough to be starting (or captaining) for the team.

Arteta - 7 - Solid.

Arshavin - 5 - With the exception of 5 minutes in the second half where he seemed to have some fire in him, was relatively ineffective.

Chamakh - 6 - Going to give him a 6, though his actual performance may deserve less. People are saying he lacks desire, but this was maybe the first game in a while that he's seemed fired up. When he missed, he actually looked angry at himself which is a nice change from last year where he'd just look mopey and disinterested when he missed. If he can keep that up, he'll start to rebuild enough form to be an ok backup striker.

Chamberlain - 7 - Decent going forward, great goal, still so naive defensively. Gets pulled out of position very easily, but I guess I'd rather see him being pulled out of position while still being dogged in defense than Arshavin who doesn't track back at all.

Dave_Ja_Vu

Think most agree that Ox's overall performance was a 6, but come on, surely getting a goal on your Champions League debut and in the process becoming the youngest ever English scorer, deserves another mark up to a 7.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Amazed at the Arshavin ratings he looked like he had goals in him yesterday and i'm surprised he didn't snatch one.

yuvken

Established Member
He looked like he had many things in him ... He just couldn't beat anyone.

You are right that he was not disinterested, and looked hungry. But that's where his positives end, ATM (and I am not optimistic in that regard).

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom