• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Would you rather sign Boateng on loan, or sign no one at all?

On loan? If we could just loan him I'd carry him here - he's actually getting minutes for Bayern, of course he's an upgrade.

Just not a longterm contract and a fee for him, that's my problem.

The guy's been the best defender in the world at some point, he's getting old and maybe less hungry, but you don't lose it all all of a sudden

Reactions: A_G

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
On loan? If we could just loan him I'd carry him here - he's actually getting minutes for Bayern, of course he's an upgrade.

Just not a longterm contract and a fee for him, that's my problem.

The guy's been the best defender in the world at some point, he's getting old and maybe less hungry, but you don't lose it all all of a sudden

He's never been the best, lol

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Would rather sign nobody at this rate if we only want loan then we won't get good CB just leave everything until summer

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
No one at all. The only reason I like loan signings is if I think they’ve got a fair chance at being made permanent. Boateng would just be here to make up the numbers for 4 months.
and very few players are going to put in maximum effort if it makes no difference to their future - the only exception is someone like Kallstrom who knew he was never going to have another chance to play for a big club for the first time in his career

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Doesn’t make sense me.

Does make perfect sense to me - Raul, Edu and co obviously always seek to minimize the risks as any mistake is going to fall back to them.

They do not seem to be ready to commit any fee for him as they thought they could loan him first which would have them being able to assess the player for 6 months, ultimately leaving them convinced of his abilities or not.

Problem is, you just gotta be naive to think Flamengo would just follow along so easily as there's no upside for them to have a first team player loaned out like this.

We should've known better, that's the dumb part.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Would you rather sign Boateng on loan, or sign no one at all?

I see absolutely no upside to bringing Boateng on loan. Denis Suarez mk3.

Even worse, given how some people at the club wanted to extend Emery, they'd likely buy Boateng after one or two mediocre performances.

Reactions: A_G

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?
_42821133_dein270.jpg

...don't want either, can't we just get him back... :(

Prefer the Dean we have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider
Top Bottom