• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Peter Crouch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asterix

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/06/26/arsenal-line-up-shock-move-for-peter-crouch-89520-20621440/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -20621440/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aha, aha, ahaahahahahahahaha.

Sadly it looks like Ade will be leaving us. I really don't know if that will be a good career move for him at this stage. It will be sad to see him go, but that's life.

Excellent comments from Cesc above Barca's behaviour at the end of the article.

baccy_man

Established Member
Re: Crouchigol

skysport are also linking us with the stick insect
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12040_3738398,0.html?&lid=SPORTS_TAB_AGENT__GUNNERS_CONSIDER_CROUCH&lpos=TABCONTENT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12040 ... TABCONTENT</a>
i can't really see him fitting in with our style of play i have not noticed him doing a lot of running up and down the pitch for Liverpool.

mccroix

makaveli tha don said:
makaveli tha don said:
IF Ade leaves and IF Roque is his replacement I am going to kill myself

fixed:

makaveli tha don said:
IF Ade leaves and IF Güiza is his replacement I am going to kill myself

fixed once again:

makaveli tha don said:
IF Ade leaves and IF Crouch is his replacement I am going to kill myself
[/quote]

Quite sad I have to do this every single day

nidza7

Established Member

Oh god.

a `pool reject?

Jeeeeesus,Asterix you just had to ruin my morning. :lol:

Smudeagle

I think Crouchinho would be perfect for Arsenal and his absence from our squad is clearly the reason we have not won anything for several years.

Kraig

Established Member

on the plus side, it would stop the fecker scoring against us all the bloody time!

kym7224

Ade done both scorer and Linker roles last season, hold up the ball make space also scored 30 goals.

If we sell Ade we need 2 persons to the roles, Crouch can be a linker, he is quite underestimated.

But my worry is who is score goals? Crouch can score 15, but another 15 or 20 come from RVP? Possible if he fit all season.

Tegh

Established Member

Dear God no.

''Who can we say that Arsenal are in the market for now? Hmm, Adebayor is tall, who else is there that's tall? Peter Crouch!''

M+D

Established Member

This would be a hilarious signing. He looks ridiculous, and is ridiculed by everyone, yet is surprisingly effective. Funnily enough, I have backed him to score a load of goals for whoever he signs for this summer, but I don't think that team is us somehow....
So an Englishman, suited for the long ball game, whose as tall as Theo + Cesc put together, to sign for Arsenal? Errr, no.

Zico

Established Member

Not this guy. The only established Englishmen who could fit in easily at Arsenal are

Woodgate, Ferdinand, Cole, Richards, Carrick, Barry, Hargreaves, Rooney

The others are either too unskillful, useless or cannot function in a slick-passing system. No thanks.

banduan

Established Member

Crouch is underrated.

But really isn't an Arsenal player.

He has great close control and definitely has an eye for goals but mediocre pace, suspect stamina and is very inconsistent.

Edit: Bendy is only 2" shorter btw, height is no excuse not to sign someone.

tam1886

Established Member

Firstly, before I launch into my tirade against Crouch, that Italian agent and anyone else who finds themselves in my crosshairs, I'd like to say I don't think Crouch has good control at all. Admittedly his touch for a big man is decent, but that is compared to other big men, who generally don't have as good control as the rest. Crouch's control is no better than that of the average player, but because of his freakisly large but seemingly underweight frame, it looks good. While we're on the subject of his abilities, his heading is also atrocious for someone of his height. I believe Bendtner, and possibly even Ade are far better in the air than him. Of all the English players, he is one of the last I'd have in the team based on ability. I think his reputation is massively overrated, and there's no way in this world he is a £15m striker. The fact he made very little impace on that Liverpool team and failed to establish himself before Torres came speaks volumes in my opinion, as does the number of clubs he's had in his career. Portsmouth is his level, let him go there, because there is no way he should be plying his trade in the Champions League, especially with us. He only has one good thing going for him, and I think we all know what (or who :wink: ) that is!

I woke up, seen this in the paper and I'll be honest, I nearly **** the bed. Crouch being linked with us forced me to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I checked Sky Sports and seen the story came from Morabito, apparently working on behalf of Milan to sign Ade. I don't believe Crouch is being considered at all, as I doubt very much Morabito would know any of Wenger's targets. I hate arseholes like this who suggest other players. I don't know the reasoning behind it, possibly to alert the Wenger's of this world to other players to play down the importance of Ade? Well if Crouch is that good Morabito, go and ****ing sign him yourself!

At what point does this verge on tapping up? They've declared an interest in him, and approached Arsenal, but they still continue to stalk him in the media. If this agent is working on behalf of Milan, and runs his mouth off to the media, then surely Milan have to be held responsible. They shouldn't be speaking about our players in the media, never mind our other business. I hate the way the Italians and Spanish conduct their business. The lack of morals surrounding transfers in these countries never fails to amaze me, and this is only overshadowed by my amazement at the authorities never taking action against them for it. This hasn't become a tapping up scandal yet, and in all honesty is probably a bit away from becoming one, but it still isn't right.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

....ok, now Im starting to believe we are broke.
Not that I don't like Crouch but come on..

Why can't we just keep our players? or atleast replace them properly? I don't understand man.

Despite the link coming from any dickhead agent- it still hurts.

banduan

Established Member

cmon guys you know it's someone just name-dropping

martins is gonna crop up yet again at some point, then it's gonna be defoe, then martins again then agbonglabong and it becomes a detached ferriswheel chucking names about all over the place. Fun and lols to be had.

Gurgen

Established Member

Tam you could have just said: he's ****e. Preaching to the choir here :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom