• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Peter Crouch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarkey

Re: Crouchigol

Benetiz has to sell to buy apparently yes? So why the hell would we fund his purchases of the likes of Barry and co, by picking up his Liverpool scapegoats. I'd rather Arsène be keeping his eye on the situation at Chelski, and see if he can get any of their decent cast offs along the lines of the way he got Diarra. Names aren't springing to mind off the top of my head (imagine if say Joe Cole suddenly sprung up as a possibility) but back last Summer Diarra wasn't really in our minds as within grasp either. It's just I can easily see Scolari shaking things up and carting alot out to get his lad's in, with some casualties coming about that could easily improve our squad...Essien picture with that Arsenal shirt a while back...I can dream that as a reality can't I?

But yes, back to the point, why the hell would we help Benetiz out? Next they'll report we want Pennant back, and we're signing Kewell.

Lukazan

Established Member

This is only funny because of how unlikely it is, not because Crouch is in any way a bad player. He wouldn't be first choice, but I think he could actually do a very good job for us. He holds the ball up much better than Adebayor does or ever will do.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member

So hes off to form a deadly english partnership with Defoe. Big man and little man, got to say Harrys building a nice squad down there but still need more depth so that could hinder their chances of being in the top 6 for about 2 years

hoyden

This will be his final year of his contract, his manager clearly doesn't favor him, doesn't consider him a key player in the squad, and they still manage to sell him for 11m?! This is crazy.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

I find it ridiculous he is able to fetch 11m. If thats the market rate coupled with Jo's 19m move, Ade should really fetch 40m.

number_0

Established Member

'arry done well with pompey, buying the top 4 reject and getting the best of them, hes a winner and wants winners in his squad, expect him to make a bid for any other top 4 player available.

Kain

Established Member

11m for Crouch is sick indeed, good for Pompey and Harry but what a joke of a price to pay, hope whoever is ontop of Benitez "How to turn a good/average player into a really **** one" list that he buys turns out to be a real flop.

bertlb2

We know he likes him very much. When he managed Soton, he benched KP to play Crouch as the lone man up-front. It wasn't enough to stay up, but KP was very much first-choice at the time. The issue abour Crouch is that he can't play 90 mins.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Portsmouth will be a really strong squad should Harry manage to get all his targets.
SWP should really really really go Portsmouth, but hes a bit of a wasteman so I doubt he will.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member

Would be a great signing for Pompey, Crouch & Defoe could be a nice partnership in the coming season, and i think 'arry will get more out of Crouch then Benitez ever could. Agree on SWP going there too, I cant believe he will choose to stick it out at Chelsea, more so with a new manager there and no gaurentee that hes in his plans.

Smudeagle

Gooner_Stu said:
Would be a great signing for Pompey, Crouch & Defoe could be a nice partnership in the coming season, and i think 'arry will get more out of Crouch then Benitez ever could. Agree on SWP going there too, I cant believe he will choose to stick it out at Chelsea, more so with a new manager there and no gaurentee that hes in his plans.

F*ck it, I think SWP could still do a decent job for us. He is still a very good player who I rate should he ever get a run in a side. If Hleb goes lets test Big "Fil" with a little tickle... Clearly never going to happen mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Latest posts

Top Bottom