• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It's not worth it for the money Barca are expecting. You add 12-14 mil on top of what they're asking and you get Fekir.
Why don't you post some names, hot shot?

10M loan fee and 120K a week wage so something like 15M total for a season.

Fekir isn't what we are looking for for starters.

It terms of names?

Aouar, Coutinho, Grealish and Buendia would be my 4 targets and in that order as well.

We need magic that vastly improves us. If you cant find that then stick with ESR.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It also depends how much money the club has to spend.

If Aouar is the only "cheap" good option this year (City interested?), then to me it looks like a bad year for shopping good attacking midfielders.

I think Coutinho & J. Rodriguez are pretty good shouts, eventhough in decline. Budget options for possible great return. Just so risky looking at their latest years.

Not sure on City interest personally. Pep said David Silva will not be replaced as they have Foden. So I think that rules them out but you never know.

I actually think more of an 8 would be better than just an out an out AM as we are wanting to play 433.

I've had a feeling since the summer started Aouar would be a main target for the position. We will have to wait and see.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Not sure on City interest personally. Pep said David Silva will not be replaced as they have Foden. So I think that rules them out but you never know.

I actually think more of an 8 would be better than just an out an out AM as we are wanting to play 433.

I've had a feeling since the summer started Aouar would be a main target for the position. We will have to wait and see.

Aouar seems pretty great. And would be delighted if Arsenal has the money & attraction to buy him too.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Fekir isn't what we are looking for for starters.
Fekir is exactly what we're looking for.
Aouar, Coutinho, Grealish and Buendia would be my 4 targets and in that order as well.
Aouar isn't all that and not worth the money yet. He's still got a long way to go. Coutinho we've already discussed.
Grealish is english, so expect an inflated fee. Buendia is the only affordable option from your list, but still green as a player.

All the guys I mentioned are ready to go and offer goals too.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Fekir is exactly what we're looking for.

Aouar isn't all that and not worth the money yet. He's still got a long way to go. Coutinho we've already discussed.
Grealish is english, so expect an inflated fee. Buendia is the only affordable option from your list, but still green as a player.

All the guys I mentioned are ready to go and offer goals too.

None of the players you mentioned are creative 8's. Instantly rules out all of them.

If your opinion is Aouar isnt all that then fair enough but there's a reason why City and Juventus want him as well as us.

Either way I'm Pretty sure Coutinho is there if we cant get our main creative target.

Considering we seem to be going for our targets unless they're still in the CL an educated guess would suggest the main target is Aouar.

Like I've said many times. Auba is signing a new deal, he's had assurances we will push for deals this summer to build a team worthy of the top 4.

I personally don't think we will just spend 60-70M on Gabriel and Partey, get a free transfer in Willian and then loan an attacking mid AND loan Ceballos.

No way we have two loan players in the starting 11 next season.

We either loan Dani and buy a creative mid or sign Dani permanently and loan Coutinho.

Just my opinion on it.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
None of the players you mentioned are creative 8's. Instantly rules out all of them.
We need a playmaker behind the front 3. Ridiculous argument considering Coutinho plays pretty much the same positions as Rodriguez.
Fekir plays all those and can even be a winger or second striker. He's that dangerous going forward.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We need a playmaker behind the front 3. Ridiculous argument considering Coutinho plays pretty much the same positions as Rodriguez.
Fekir plays all those and can even be a winger or second striker. He's that dangerous going forward.

We want to play 433... not 4231.

Coutinho plays LCM or LW.

I wouldnt buy Aouar as a 10 behind the striker, I wouldnt buy any 10 as there isn't one available except Havertz who ticks all the boxes. Would simply be a waste of money.

Go with the formation we want to use and pick players for that.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡

I wouldnt buy Aouar as a 10 behind the striker, I wouldnt buy any 10 as there isn't one available except Havertz who ticks all the boxes. Would simply be a waste of money.

Did he actually say outright that he's going to play 4-3-3 next season? Having players that can play multiple positions helps with tactical flexibility. Willian can play on the left, although he's better in the center or right behind the front 3.

Luiz wasn't working in a back 4, but in a back 3 he was able to get the job done, so like I said, tactical flexibility is something that Arteta should keep in mind since we managed to be pretty decent with the 3-4-3 formation.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Can’t believe guys on this forum are advocating for signing washed up players big teams don’t want. Countinho is not what we need in any shape or form, we should stay far away and don’t even get me started on Willian.

Chelsea out here signing some of the best young players in Europe, United getting world class midfielders like Fernandes and we’re after the biggest transfer flop in history.

Some of our best signings have been players other bigger clubs didn't want or let go cheaply.

Bergkamp, Henry, Vieira, Overmars, Kanu, Özil (1st contract!), Sanchez.

Frankly, I don't give two figs what Real, Barca, the Italian clubs or PSG think of players who are expendable to them. If Bayern want shot of a player, that's a different matter as they tend to be good judges of value.

That doesn't mean I want to buy Coutinho. But if we can get him on loan for season without a massive loan fee, it seems strategically sound up to a point. If Özil leaves somehow, it suddenly becomes a great idea.

I think we are keeping this one alive without prioritising it.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

Coutinho Is not LCM... I don't know where you get that... Even Kloop said it. He is not suited to that position because he has not the stamina nor the defensive abilities.

He is LW, he is more an striker than an midfielder. And if you want him behind strikers he is more a 10 without defensive duties. So more a 4231 player than a 433 one

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

The whole point of getting coutinho on a season loan is to avoid btec signings like this on permanent transfers. Terrible list of potential players.
First off, I'd prefer Coutinho on loan without shelling a crazy financial package for any of those name listed but turning your nose to Luis Alberto and thinking he's terrible is laughable.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Coutinho Is not LCM... I don't know where you get that... Even Kloop said it. He is not suited to that position because he has not the stamina nor the defensive abilities.
A Klopp CM is not your average CM tbf. They all have elite stamina and athleticism.

He's been forced to play Coutinho in LCM and he's actually played very well there. Check transfermarket.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Finally get to lock this.

tenor.gif

DennisTheLegend

Some of our best signings have been players other bigger clubs didn't want or let go cheaply.

Bergkamp, Henry, Vieira, Overmars, Kanu, Özil (1st contract!), Sanchez.

Frankly, I don't give two figs what Real, Barca, the Italian clubs or PSG think of players who are expendable to them. If Bayern want shot of a player, that's a different matter as they tend to be good judges of value.

That doesn't mean I want to buy Coutinho. But if we can get him on loan for season without a massive loan fee, it seems strategically sound up to a point. If Özil leaves somehow, it suddenly becomes a great idea.

I think we are keeping this one alive without prioritising it.

Great point - Not sure why people feel that just because you fail at the elite clubs all of a sudden the player is deemed as garbage.

Have a feeling that Arteta and Arsenal could revive his career. If we can give him a key role in a 4-2-3-1 then he could shine. Imagine Auba and Pepe making runs left and right - FFS even Laca may get some good service. His shooting ability anywhere outside the box will be a major plus especially when the opposing teams are sitting deep. This guy is worth the risk IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom