<

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Look Who's Scoring Two

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Batman, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Macho

Macho Established Member Trusted

lmao tell em again Orbinho I don't think these nutters can hear you

2. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Joga bonito at the carpet

3. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

Arteta's attacking philosophy is just like when he was playing here. Sideways and back passes with the rare cross over the defense that will result in a goal.

JCB and American_Gooner like this.
  4. Macho

5. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

I didn't watch the game, but I am reading Orbinho's tweets about it and I am like wtf, fullbacks didn't pass to wingers, zero passes between CBs and CMs, Auba received the most passes from Leno :lol:
    Absolute tragic stuff.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    Trilly, JCB and krengon like this.
  6. Macho

To beat the press, Leno kept hoofing the ball upfield to Auba and Pepe instead of playing out from the back like we normally do. This worked 60% of the time.

I'm not even kidding, this was the tactics. It explains these statistics.

It's all the squads fault though. Auba is a bad player.

7. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Giroud is coming home in January I am hearing

Macho likes this.
  8. AbouCuéllar

AbouCuéllar Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I understand how the handball in United-West Brom is a handball and penalty and the Aubameyang shot isn't...

He's blocked the shot with his arm. Ok, it's close distance, but I'm pretty sure that's a penalty, no? The United one wasn't an attempt on goal.

9. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

There is so much confusion about handballs and when it should be a penalty. Let me simplify for you.

If Man Utd are attacking and the ball hits an opponent's arm in the area: clear penalty

For any other team it gets a bit more complicated as no one really knows the rules anymore. A complete lottery.

EmeryCouldnt, Batman and AbouCuéllar like this.
  10. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

Good for him, i heard he scored alot of headers france

11. UnitedBeard

UnitedBeard Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, rule has changed few months ago. If that handball happened in September, you would get a penalty 100% for sure.

The rule is changed to if your arm is in natural position then it's not handball. So it's not matter whether it's an attempt on goal or no.

Cooper moved his arm from high position to low position because it's natural when everyone's body fall to ground your arm will also naturally fall to ground and it touched the ball.

12. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

We tried passing it through midfield and it broke down. It wasn’t only tactics.

13. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

It’s basically 50/50 on whether they judge that is in a natural position. That’s the problem.

14. DUFFMAN

DUFFMAN Well-Known Member

Taylor and VAR just didn't want to give it from the get go.

You just knew no matter how many times they reviewed it we weren't getting it.

Officials still hate us from the Arsène days.

He really came in and shook up the game.

Bloody foreigner.

15. GoonerJay24

GoonerJay24 Well-Known Member

I would drop him for a few games tbh, his attitude was so bad on Sunday

16. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

You do that you may as well happy the nails into your own coffin. Hes been poor but imagine what it says if you drop your star striker, the one you fought so hard to keep, your captain and your normal match winner?

17. GoonerJay24

Well it's not like we don't have other options a available to try something different. Auba bad not been our match winner for awhile and if he's underperforming continually he deserves to be dropped.

Although he's proven to be great a goalscorer, Auba isn't Henry

Football Manager likes this.
  18. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado Trusted

Rest him midweek but not sure Arteta can afford to drop him from a league game.

19. GoonerJay24

He should be dropped after his last performance. I remember a couple of seasons ago Auba was more impactful coming from the bench so perhaps it'll benefit him and the team short-term.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  20. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

We should have never signed auba/laca. I was against these transfers. We need a Sanchez/van persie/benzema/suarez/firmino up front. Not a better finishing/better movement/more intelligent walcott/defoe, who doesnt know how to play football.