• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
If Auba really wants out just sell him, we need his goals but definitely not the drama, he appears to be one of our most happy players on the pitch, could cause massive damage if he turns.

But whats the point in keeping players who want out, we already suck with him, I will always be an advocate for selling a player who wants out and giving the opportunity too someone else, yeah he's our top dog but hopefully someone else steps up.

Jovic I'd happily take if the price is right, his time at Madrid has been beyond a joke, there was talks of him leaving a week after he signed, good luck trying too perform after that!

Any striker we sign will be a slight risk, the shelf we are shopping from has got worse, we're going too be in for players who have had 1-2 good at best seasons or a good 1 season looking to explode.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
If PEA doesnt want to be here then sell him, I have no interest in players playing for the club who dont want to be here.

We have one of better strikers in the league in Lacca and the best teenage striker in the wolrd in Martinelli.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He has to remember one thing also. Trophies arent guaranteed anywhere. If he was going to be at Real Madrid or Barcelona for 5 years you would have to say he will win maybe at least 1 league and possibly champions league.

However by the time he moves he might be the main man for 2 years. Now 2 years isnt all that. One team could win back to back titles and maybe none of those teams win the champions league.

Obviously he will have more chance of winning something than at Arsenal but it isnt guaranteed.

That said the culture and lifestyle in Spain, especially as he speaks Spanish is much better than London.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
If PEA doesnt want to be here then sell him, I have no interest in players playing for the club who dont want to be here.

We have one of better strikers in the league in Lacca and the best teenage striker in the wolrd in Martinelli.

Greenwood v. Martinelli will be a battle for the ages. If we manage to keep Gabi, that is

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We also have to remember that Arsenal is not a hugely attractive prospect right now. It's a club that is on a steady decline. Was one time great but has shown no signs of doing anything significant.

Compare it to Nokia. 15-20 years ago most people had one. Hugely popular. Hugely successful. Even snake was brilliant. Imagine working for that company. Great feeling good money all good.

All of a sudden Apple, Samsung explode and Nokia becomes less successful, less popular and less attractive.

Apple starts offering Nokia employees more money, more promotion prospects, more business trips away to negotiate deals and contracts and working for the biggest and best brands. They also decide they want to offer employees more money because they are more successful.

Most people would move. Football is no different. It isnt personal that Auba wants to leave Arsenal. Its just the club are not matching his ambitions and where he wants to spend the last 3 years of his career. Nobody wants to spend the last years fighting for top 10 finish when he could be sitting pretty at the top of La Liga and playing the likes of PSG on a Tuesday night instead of Preston NE in the Caraboa cup.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Greenwood seems sensational. Upsets me a lot. If we'd somehow trick Man utd to swap with Auba I'd be ecstatic.

I dont think hes as good as everyones making out. Seems a lethal finisher but havent seen much from his build up play. Linking. Beating a defender with skill and guile. Obviously those things will develop if hes that good but hasnt impressed me as much as others have talked about.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Not sure Jovic is the man tbh, would take cash upfront. He's talented but he actually does better with a target man himself (why Haller was so important at Frankfurt rather than being the main #9.

I dont think hes as good as everyones making out. Seems a lethal finisher but havent seen much from his build up play. Linking. Beating a defender with skill and guile. Obviously those things will develop if hes that good but hasnt impressed me as much as others have talked about.

Mason Greenwood is extremely good and I'm shocked he hasn't gotten more minutes. Only reason I'm not jealous of United is because we also have very good young forwards aswell. In the event of Auba and potentially Laca leaving I'd like to see them given more minutes too, but I'd still probably sign a striker just in case. I would even go for experience more than anything instead of another young striker. Someone like a Cavani if he was available. Would be a perfect contrast to the rest of our CFs - Martinelli (18, capable of LW), Nketiah (20), John-Jules (19) and Balogun (18).

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
We also have to remember that Arsenal is not a hugely attractive prospect right now. It's a club that is on a steady decline. Was one time great but has shown no signs of doing anything significant.

Compare it to Nokia. 15-20 years ago most people had one. Hugely popular. Hugely successful. Even snake was brilliant. Imagine working for that company. Great feeling good money all good.

All of a sudden Apple, Samsung explode and Nokia becomes less successful, less popular and less attractive.

Apple starts offering Nokia employees more money, more promotion prospects, more business trips away to negotiate deals and contracts and working for the biggest and best brands. They also decide they want to offer employees more money because they are more successful.

Most people would move. Football is no different. It isnt personal that Auba wants to leave Arsenal. Its just the club are not matching his ambitions and where he wants to spend the last 3 years of his career. Nobody wants to spend the last years fighting for top 10 finish when he could be sitting pretty at the top of La Liga and playing the likes of PSG on a Tuesday night instead of Preston NE in the Caraboa cup.

We've taken Liverpool's place as a once great club that's now a mid-table team. We'll win the odd cup here and there, but we'll probably be waiting for as long as Liverpool to win the league again.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
He's actually much better as a technical player good at beating players skillfully as well as a very good passer for a striker and completely two footed for a left footed player which is rare. He is ridiculously good.

@MutableEarth Glad somewhere here sees sense in signing someone like Cavani who is also free given the amount of young strikers we already have. We could sell Auba(+Laca) for cash and put that money forward to rebuilding midfield and defense.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Being a lethal finisher at such a young age is one hell of a bonus, the rest he can develop even though I think his ability is at a good level.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Barca have an aging squad so they will certainly be looking out for younger players. Pique, Alba, Busquets, Rakatic, Messi, Suarez all getting on. Most of them have couple years max.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Barca now are targeting more younger players thier media are saying and will move for Lautaro Martinez.
Cheap bastards want Lautaro to waive his loyalty fee and put a transfer request to get him for less than his release clause.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
He may go on a free transfer next year but absolutely no chance we sell. Potential buyers are finished and can not spend a huge amount this summer due to inadequate capital buffers which have been eroded by coronavirus.

This rules out Barca, Real Madrid.

As far as the premier league is concerned, it’s absolutely unlikely he moves anywhere within the league.

Honestly I’m surprised by the number of fans still expecting big transfers to happen this summer from clubs :lol:

Top clubs often pay out more than 70% of revenue in the form of player salaries. Income has been eroded and massive credit lines need to be taken out. There’s no scenario where the finances allow clubs to go and spend 50m+ on a single player.

And this is before the mess of rebates on tv rights are potentially discussed.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
All it take is for an oil club to buy some players from Real, Barca or Juve. or an oil club to attempt to sign Auba directly.

You would have to think that Griezmann, Coutinho, James and Bale will be on the move and PSG will be active in the market. There are plenty of options for Auba.

I'm hoping that worst case scenario is that we keep him here for the year and he leaves on a free. For him, it might make sense for him to sign an improved contract with a champions league clause.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
I'd prefer us to sell him now, but if we do keep him until his contract expires next summer, I'm okay with that.

He'll be pushing 32 and I don't think he'll be able to command a big wage with so little of his prime left.

I think we have quite a bit of leverage in this scenario.

Impact

Established Member
Think Aubameyang may be similar to Vardy in that his peak extends for many years into his early thirties.

Admittedly though, are there many options for Aubameyang significantly better than us and what we offer?

Madrid have Benzema. Barcelona have Suarez. Both better than him and will likely want younger options. Juventus similar with Higuain. Inter, maybe if Lautauro leaves? But that's barely a step up. They aren't winning anything either. Bayern have Lewandowski. Liverpool, Firmino. Man City, Agüero and Jesus. Sp**s, Kane. Man Utd seem to want to go down the younger player model too. Chelsea have Abraham (who obviously Auba is better than) and have seemed to invest in him as a long-term project.

It might be a similar situation to Özil, where there was no better option and we make a big offer.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I could see Barcelona, PSG and Chelsea being very interested. PSG in particular.

It depends on the fee that Auba would command. If it's less than 40m, I'd rather take the hit to be honest. He doesn't look like he would sulk if he had to stay for another year.

Would give us a year to make a decision on Nketiah and decide whether Martinelli is a cf or wide forwards as well.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
I don't think Aubameyang is worth any more than 200k a week tbh. I don't want the club to panic into giving him a crazy contract like they did with Özil.

Just see how the summer pans out. If a club comes in for him with a fair offer, good luck to him, if not he can either stay another year and watch his value diminish after being a year older (1 year is like treble in your 30s), or he can sign a new contract with a slight wage increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom