• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
The other option is sell him for 40-60 whatever the market is. And reinvest that money in a midfielder and an attacker. Laca can be the mentor for Martinelli. And I think Laca is def a capable player and younger.

I think Laca as a striker to argue another angle is more of a provider. I bet with Laca at CF rather than Auba, while you'd likely see less goals from the CF position, you may see the likes of martinelli and Pepe score more from out wide. Firmino effect.

Auba's goals are a guarantee, whereas Laca becoming a leader is a hope. Feel we need guarantees at the moment.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Only thing declining is his hairline, I think he's still got a lot to give. Speed/physical attributes which are the first factor in a players decline aren't even his most important quality, as long as he continues this level of movement he'll still be useful for a few more years. Also, finishing isn't a quality that you ever lose no matter what the age is, if you have it, you have it. With Martinelli it would make sense to have a player like Aubameyang above to take the pressure.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I'd sell if we get a pretty heavy fee and sign Cavani for free. I'd rather take the cash to rebuild the entire core of the team than hope for one season of top 4 finish. We need to take advantage of this period of low prices to reshape the squad.

truth_hurts

I'd sell if we get a pretty heavy fee and sign Cavani for free. I'd rather take the cash to rebuild the entire core of the team than hope for one season of top 4 finish. We need to take advantage of this period of low prices to reshape the squad.

Cavani wouldn't come here when he could play in a hot climate and get Champions League football. We'd also have to pay him kore than we are currently paying Auba AND He's older!!!!!! So why do you want to sell Auba again?

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Cavani wouldn't come here when he could play in a hot climate and get Champions League football. We'd also have to pay him kore than we are currently paying Auba AND He's older!!!!!! So why do you want to sell Auba again?
He might want to join and he'd off after two seasons with no transfer fee required. Auba doesn't ensure we'll get CL football and if he goes for nothing we'll end up with nothing. The fee if pretty hefty would allow us to rebuild the squad which would benefit the team long term in a time where prices are down.

truth_hurts

He might want to join and he'd off after two seasons with no transfer fee required. Auba doesn't ensure we'll get CL football and if he goes for nothing we'll end up with nothing. The fee if pretty hefty would allow us to rebuild the squad which would benefit the team long term in a time where prices are down.

Cavani would take a large sign on fee between 10 - 15m I'd imagine, he'd want more than Auba is currently getting, is older and has never played in the league. I rate Cavani, but signing him to replace Auba would be odd. Diego Costa would probably be a better bet if we were going to bring in an over 30 on a free transfer.

If we could get 45m or more for Auba, it would be worth thinking about if he wanted to leave, but in my opinion losing Auba is the worst thing that we could do,

truth_hurts

Barcelona have no money to buy him, PSG look to be landing Icardi. His options seem to be running thinner by the day, so hopefully he stays.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Barcelona have no money to buy him, PSG look to be landing Icardi. His options seem to be running thinner by the day, so hopefully he stays.
We won’t give him what he wants. He’ll stay, see his deal out, and move to a top club next summer when he’s free. He’ll get a sign on fee.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Reading Chelsea are interested in Icardi.

I think it's either the dream of Madrid or a free transfer. We need to really up our offer and do another Özil if we want him to stay. If he extends here I think it's to end his career here and move to a lesser league to cash in.

As a fan I'm willing to bet on him as, in contrast to Özil who's been on the decline for years and very inconsistent, or Alexis who's game was based on mobility and speed, Aubameyang is a natural finisher which is something that doesn't wear off with age. It's mostly about timing and positioning with him. I'm confident that doesn't wear off in the next 3-4 years. However the way Arteta wants him to track back as well is not something that will be beneficial for the longevity of his career.

Gotta wonder though how much the Covid situation will steer his decision towards financial security vs ambition. Staying here definitely means his ambitions come second.

truth_hurts

We won’t give him what he wants. He’ll stay, see his deal out, and move to a top club next summer when he’s free. He’ll get a sign on fee.

I wouldn't be mad at him at all for doing that. Be very poor of the club if we lost our talisman for an extra 5m a year though.

truth_hurts

Reading Chelsea are interested in Icardi.

I think it's either the dream of Madrid or a free transfer. We need to really up our offer and do another Özil if we want him to stay. If he extends here I think it's to end his career here and move to a lesser league to cash in.

As a fan I'm willing to bet on him as, in contrast to Özil who's been on the decline for years and very inconsistent, or Alexis who's game was based on mobility and speed, Aubameyang is a natural finisher which is something that doesn't wear off with age. It's mostly about timing and positioning with him. I'm confident that doesn't wear off in the next 3-4 years. However the way Arteta wants him to track back as well is not something that will be beneficial for the longevity of his career.

Gotta wonder though how much the Covid situation will steer his decision towards financial security vs ambition. Staying here definitely means his ambitions come second.

Completely agree. Somebody will have a top quality goal scorer on their hands for the next few year. I really hope that it is us!

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If he had his scoring boots on we would still be higher in the table.
But he's scored many goals dig us out of tough situations before.

I know a lot of people still can't forgive him for the Olympiakos miss. But you should know that the team played sh#t that day.

He's the only Senior player in squad earning his wage currently. I don't understand why people keep jumping on his back.

He's the 2nd top scorer in the league and is playing for team that dont create chances. It's a miracle that he's had 17 goals at this stage of the season. Salah misses more chance than Auba but I keep hearing people say he's more clinical than Auba

GDeep™

League is very weak
But he's scored many goals dig us out of tough situations before.

I know a lot of people still can't forgive him for the Olympiakos miss. But you should know that the team played sh#t that day.

He's the only Senior player in squad earning his wage currently. I don't understand why people keep jumping on his back.

He's the 2nd top scorer in the league and is playing for team that dont create chances. It's a miracle that he's had 17 goals at this stage of the season. Salah misses more chance than Auba but I keep hearing people say he's more clinical than Auba
Ignore me, I thought you were talking about just Laca.

Burt Gold

Aubameyang is one of the most effective footballers in the world. Look at his goalscoring record for the past 5+ seasons and argue that point.

It's extremely difficult to view his departure as anything other than a negative.
I think you can make a pretty solid argument that he hasn't improved the team. As an above poster noted we we were 5th before he came. We've been 6th, 5th, and currently we are 9th.

He is a very good goal scorer that cannot be argued but I think you could argue that his presence in the team has brought down the chances we create because he isn't a play who holds up play.

He would be a loss but the money could go to a couple of young players who can actually grow with our core and I think you'd see the likes of Laca, Martinelli, Pepe pick up their goal scoring output. And we could add a player like David, Eduoard, Milik who are much younger and cheaper.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I think you can make a pretty solid argument that he hasn't improved the team. As an above poster noted we we were 5th before he came. We've been 6th, 5th, and currently we are 9th.

He is a very good goal scorer that cannot be argued but I think you could argue that his presence in the team has brought down the chances we create because he isn't a play who holds up play.

He would be a loss but the money could go to a couple of young players who can actually grow with our core and I think you'd see the likes of Laca, Martinelli, Pepe pick up their goal scoring output. And we could add a player like David, Eduoard, Milik who are much younger and cheaper.
You want us to sell Auba only to replace him with Milik?

Blimey!

Shalmaneser V

We may as well take Icardi.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

It's not that simple. Martinelli, Pepe and Lacazette are not going to turn into a 20+ goalscorers overnight.

Elite goalscorers are rarer now much more than ever.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !

Yeah, get a player in his mid-30s who has never played in the Premier League before and put him on a huge wage. What could go wrong? :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom