<

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Well, He's On The Pitch

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Batman, Aug 1, 2020.

1. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

Looks like it's a an answer to a question asked about the possibility.
    Doesn't sound promising :lol:

2. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Auba taking people on in training. This is what I said I want to see him do more of.

3. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Won’t do it in a much though, atrocious footballer.

4. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Mrs Debbie Downer at play. You must be fun at parties.

Jae likes this.
  5. 9jagooner

9jagooner Well-Known Member

Why is Socrates not considered though? Given the number of CBs out injured?

6. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Not registered. Only 18 non homegrown places allowed. Blame the premier league.

9jagooner likes this.
  7. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

He’s right though tbh

8. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

Been dead for a while now but given the club's cost saving measures and Edu's Brazilian contacts, you'd think a God tier Brazilian footballer and actual Doctor would be on the club's radar. He'd probably still have a better first touch than some of our players at 66 as well, may he rest in peace.

9. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

Too late in his career to learn new skills.
    A walcott can never become a ronaldinho.

10. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Well-Known Member

Blame it on the boogie.

11. Jakarta

Jakarta Well-Known Member

Man Arteta if you’re reading this...please oh please stop playing Laca/Nketiah upfront when you have a weapon like Auba in your side.

His intelligent runs and finishing are being wasted on the wing.

12. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

If he gets this right we challenge top 3. Laca and Nketiah is a struggle.

Gooner1988TK likes this.
  13. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

I never had a problem with Auba on the wing as he would still get a ton of goals from there. But now those seem to be drying up due to how we play so maybe it really is time to get him up top again.

14. sdotzdot

sdotzdot Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with this. For a club like Arsenal in the modern game I’ve always preferred to have a forward who is strong in holding up the ball and has more in his pocket then just the typical poacher, that’s why I’ve always been on board with Nketiah/lacazette (sad times) up top as that ensures a more possession/dominant based game.

However neither have proven to be good enough at this to ensure that fluidity and versatility in the attacking end of the pitch is utilised (main benefit to CF who holds up play)

It’s not working, our attacks not working. Do what anyone would do and stick your elite scorer in the centre, it’s definitely got its own holes and kind of goes against Artetas structure but something needs to be done or we will get many more games like Leicester this season.

15. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

Hopefully He continues his scoring run. We need him to do well.

16. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Not sure he'll continue 25-30 goals playing as LW but not having other goal scoring player making things more difficult for him

17. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

Works hard tracking back but we need to get him closer to goal. At this stage, it looks like he's following Arteta's instructions as we adapt and try to grind out results.

18. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

People keep bringing this up but even when he started on the wing his goals came from within the 18 yard box, not from the wing. He was also scoring them with fewer chances than he got through the middle.

You have to look at chances created to get a clearer picture. His xG was ridiculous, and clearly unsustainable.

This all started when Ljungberg came in and if you look at his numbers since that period they have been declining.

How many attempts did he have against United? 1? The few chances we get are falling to everyone but him.

Centre backs are typically slower and more rigid than full backs, which is why his forward runs off the shoulder used to cause them so many problems. Maguire and Lindelof are both slow. Wan Bissaka isn’t.

Thankfully we won but it annoys me that we seem to have reinforced midfield and defence, but voluntarily weakened attack by persistent use of Laca and Eddie over a proven elite centre forward.

Pyres7 likes this.
  19. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

I think the concern with playing him in the middle, is that he'll get stuck with his back to the goal, holding up the ball.

20. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

I don't think so because the fact that he actually has pace means that defenders have to stand off him. He can still drift a bit wider at times if he chooses to as well but it makes no real sense for our only goal threat to be tracking back to his own box and expending all that energy anywhere other than his primary job.