• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Everton | Sun 1st March | 14:05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crooner

Really need Aaron back, I have been critical of him but he gives us balance.

Good result, good to see Gabs get playing time. We need another central midfielder, our options are pathetic at the minute. Get rid of Flamini, promote a young gun and buy someone who can get work done in the mixer.

Iceman10

Established Member
Thunter said:
Iceman10 said:
Tir Na Nog said:
Ospina is having an unbelievable performance today.

Good performance, it was interesting earlier in the match how confirmation bias can affect people's opinions on players even when those players are actually playing well.

Bollocks, he slapped a cross out for a corner when he had all the time in the world to catch it. Hate this bias ****, both our keepers are dodgy as far as I'm concerned.

Calm down mate, for the record I didn't have anything you specifically said on mind either. Note that I did bring up that "slap" earlier as a slight negative, but it didn't put us in danger and in a way caution first. It wasn't perfect but are you really going to weigh that down against everything he did positive today?

For reference, here in the U.S. he was called out as man of the match, and I bet he's going to be among the highest rated among our players for this one, so it's not just me. Note I am specifically talking about this match.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

blaze_of_glory said:
Cant get enough of this ball from Özil.

<a class="postlink" href="http://gfycat.com/NaiveCrispAmazonparrot#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://gfycat.com/NaiveCrispAmazonparrot#</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unreal vision tbf. Actually reminds me of a Hleb pass to Rosicky when he scored against Liverpool. Sometimes the best passes don't have to be ahead of someone if they're direct and pick out a quality player in space they can do just as much damage.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Good captain's performance I thought G. Put in some great tackles .

Tir Na Nog

This our 7th PL home win in a row, the first time we've managed this since 2005.

Crooner

I wouldn't single him out on today's performance, but he was pretty poor in a few fixtures previous.

Chamberlain and Alexis did not impress going forward I thought, but it was fine because Özil was very good in the final third.

Tir Na Nog

He had 91% pass rate in the final third too..... doesn't really tell us much but just in case people are interested.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
we have QPR next wenger will rotate here i think we could see Walcott Rosicky and Chambers starts.

Tir Na Nog

Jesus christ we've got a league game on wednesday that I'll likely miss :(

Hmmmm....possibly not, I may see half of it at a push.

seanb85

blaze_of_glory said:
seanb85 said:
Özil was good in the final third? Laughable

Two assists and would have had a goal if not for a good block. Was our most incisive player today.

One was a corner that Gabriel did more to cause the goal than Özil did, and the second was a decent ball, I'll give you that one

The goal he could have had he didn't get because once again he strolled in to the box with all the enthusiasm of a child being asked to give his nan a kiss. Too casual, but that's Özil all over. The fact is he is capable of the odd moment of magic I.e. final assist, but for the other 89m he just strolls around without a care in the world

I'd swap coutinho for him in a heartbeat and that's not a knee jerk reaction

ScotVieira

Established Member
I think we shouldn't be playing Özil, Alexis and Santi together. They seem to crowd out one another in the midfield.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I think the Özil cross for the first goal was meant that way as he tried the same thing late in the second half.

Overall there are areas we need to improve upon Gabriel gave a few hairy moments the bouncing ball the header and the pass to nobody bur also showed positive signs. The key is, as it always has been, is retaining balance between attack and defence. Alexis may have had a bad game but defensively he was solid for me thatbalways makes him a 6 out of 10.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

@Iceman

He was good today but I just can't warm to him, he looks like he's about to throw the ball into our net at some point. :lol:

Personaly I think Szczesny and Ospina are both average GK's, if we want to win the league going forward we need a worldy in goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom