• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Everton | Sun 1st March | 14:05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Coutinho 3 goals 4 assists from 24 games. Özil 3 goals 6 assists from 12 games.

yeah Coutinho is much better all rounder attacking midfielder than Özil but i really rather havw Özil for now.

Iceman10

Established Member
THunter said:
@Iceman

He was good today but I just can't warm to him, he looks like he's about to throw the ball into our net at some point. :lol:

Personaly I think Szczesny and Ospina are both average GK's, if we want to win the league going forward we need a worldy in goal.

This is a worry, a bit like our Gibbs/Monreal situation at LB. I'm not blind to the questions around height (which tbf we knew when we signed him) and can understand some of the question marks for Monaco's third, although I need to see more replays.

seanb85

Coutinho is growing, Özil is the finished article

And stats don't tell you what players do when they lose the ball; Özil, half hearted attempt to win it back / coutinho, genuine attempt to win it back

blaze_of_glory

yousif_arsenal said:
Coutinho 3 goals 4 assists from 24 games. Özil 3 goals 6 assists from 12 games.

yeah Coutinho is much better all rounder attacking midfielder than Özil but i really rather havw Özil for now.

Thats not even close. More production in half the games. Brings the end product, which is the most important part for an attacker.

blaze_of_glory

seanb85 said:

And stats don't tell you what players do when they lose the ball; Özil, half hearted attempt to win it back / coutinho, genuine attempt to win it back

I guess its good there's 9 other outfield players to help out.

seanb85

But anyway, can't be too downbeat. We won, 4 points off second and City look like they'll crumble now...

2, 3 and 4 all up for grabs

seanb85

blaze_of_glory said:
seanb85 said:

I guess its good there's 9 other outfield players to help out.

Another Özil apologist. Yawn.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Ospina - A lot of people wanted him dropped for this match but he had a great game today proving his selection to be the right choice.

Bellerin - his best game in a while, was a real attacking threat down the flank as well as using his speed to get back well to make a few challenges.

Kosceinly - Solid as normal.

Gabriel - made two nervy mistakes early on then made an important last ditch tackle on Lukaku and his confidence grew from there.

Gibbs - Put in a performance to show that his selection ahead of Monreal was the right choice today making the most combined inceptions, tackles and clearances out of our back four(20).

Coquelin - Gave away a couple of cheaply misplaced passes but was excellent defensively today.

Cazorla - today was the hardest he's worked defensively since the City match and his link up play going forward was good too. Surprised people have said he had a poor game, I thought he was a contender for MOTM.

Özil - Anonymous for long periods of the match but comes away with 2 assists proving how effective he is in the final third. That's 4 assists and 3 goals in 8 matches for him now.

Ox - Made a couple of strong runs but his final ball found to be lacking again today in a disappointing performance I felt.

Alexis - Had decent first half but completely faded in the second half.

Giroud - Took his goal well, worked hard defensively, but didn't offer that much offensively with the exception goal apart from missing two chances he should of taken.

Rosicky - Came on displaying an in-form Alexis like work rate & desire in closing down opposition & displayed leadership at the corner instructing players positionally.

Overall not a great performance but a solid comfortable win which I am happy with.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

There's a reason why players like Coutinho don't reach the Barcelona/Real Madrid level. Nowhere near productive enough. He's talented and an exciting player but you reckon there's a glass ceiling for him in terms of being one of the best AM's on the planet.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Just read that Coqulien broken his nose today and Wenger said he hope Coqulien dose not need a Surgery.

i really don't want Flamini play again for but looks like we might see him against QPR

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
yousif_arsenal said:
Just read that Coqulien broken his nose today and Wenger said he hope Coqulien dose not need a Surgery.

i really don't want Flamini play again for but looks like we might see him against QPR
I think Flamini's injured currently, but close to recovery, so we might see Chambers at CDM. Or, ftb, Rosicky-Cazorla-Özil as a midfield :lol:.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
yousif_arsenal said:

I'd rather see Chambers given another chance at CDM than have that liability Flamini play.

Crooner

Özil is far superior to Coutinho, you think Coutinho works hard? You clearly haven't watched Liverpool play that much. The guy is a real liability when he's not on song and thats reflected in his numbers.

Özil would murder Countinho in terms of stats if he was at the Pool, luckily we have him anyways. Get over yourself with the Özil criticism,save it for last season. His performances after coming back from a pretty ****ty injury have been world class, he rarely misses a beat and has been playing exquisite passes for weeks now.

The problem at this club is the same as always, there's never a period where we have class right through the team from back to front, and we're lacking a bit from the midfield to the back which isn't surprising given our disgraceful amount of injuries.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Balance will somewhat be restored soon. Ramsey is one of Wenger's favourites so he'll definitely be back and his tackling and stamina will help us big time. Ox/Walcott and Sanchez are too important to drop so Wenger will be forced to play one of Cazorla/Özil I think.

Also...is Arteta alive?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Crooner said:
Özil is far superior to Coutinho, you think Coutinho works hard? You clearly haven't watched Liverpool play that much. The guy is a real liability when he's not on song and thats reflected in his numbers.

Özil would murder Countinho in terms of stats if he was at the Pool, luckily we have him anyways. Get over yourself with the Özil criticism,save it for last season. His performances after coming back from a pretty ****ty injury have been world class, he rarely misses a beat and has been playing exquisite passes for weeks now.

The problem at this club is the same as always, there's never a period where we have class right through the team from back to front, and we're lacking a bit from the midfield to the back which isn't surprising given our disgraceful amount of injuries.

What I find interesting is that the only defence for Özil are his recent stats or previous stats. He is identified as world class and he is an attacking midfielder therefore stats do not represent his effectiveness. What we are looking for is his ability to influence the game, grab it by the scruff of the neck and be the main man. He can do that without a goal or an assist. The fact is I have only seen him do it once and that was last season vs Southampton away. He hasn't done it since and I can't see him doing it any time soon, but there is also the ridiculous excuse that he isn't surrounded by enough quality.

That shouldn't stop him in attempting to make things happen.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Vital win, I'd say one of the most important wins of the season when you consider everything that's happened. Liverpool and Yanited winning, S'ton slipping up, our midweek defeat, Yanited's upcoming fixtures etc.

Wasn't a poor performance from us at all, but obviously wasn't the most fluid. We battled really well though, we were very combative and no one played badly. Couple of key points;

-Gabriel had a bad defensive error but recovered fantastically, made yet another crucial last ditch tackle and his reading of the game seems to be good. Be interesting to see who plays against QPR out of him and Mert.
-Coquelin suffered a broken nose so he might miss Wednesday's game, with Flamini a bit short it's looking like Chambers as DM, good chance for him to impress.

Now, let's focus on beating QPR away and taking advantage of ANY slip ups.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I find something strange with Giroud he can score goals from hard angels but he miss an easy chances like today he scored a well taken goal from a hard angel and with great skill but he missed a tow easy chances from just 6 yard box first one a header in first half before his goal and the 2nd chance at the end of the 2nd half. if Giroud just can score from these easy chances he will really turn very good striker.

Iceman10

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:
I find something strange with Giroud he can score goals from hard angels but he miss an easy chances like today he scored a well taken goal from a hard angel and with great skill but he missed a tow easy chances from just 6 yard box first one a header in first half before his goal and the 2nd chance at the end of the 2nd half. if Giroud just can score from these easy chances he will really turn very good striker.

Possibly comes down to how poor he is with his right foot. Now and again he will hit it right, but there's a mental block, possibly coming to the fore when he has time to think. IIRC he hit a bad scuffed shot at Stamford Bridge last season which would have given us an early lead if he struck it anywhere near decent.

law90026

Established Member
The_Playmaker said:
What I find interesting is that the only defence for Özil are his recent stats or previous stats. He is identified as world class and he is an attacking midfielder therefore stats do not represent his effectiveness. What we are looking for is his ability to influence the game, grab it by the scruff of the neck and be the main man. He can do that without a goal or an assist. The fact is I have only seen him do it once and that was last season vs Southampton away. He hasn't done it since and I can't see him doing it any time soon, but there is also the ridiculous excuse that he isn't surrounded by enough quality.

That shouldn't stop him in attempting to make things happen.

What a fallacy.

If he's creating and scoring, what more do you want? Sounds like you want a "blood and thunder" kind of player who looks like he's doing a lot. Note the use of the word "looks".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom